Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 10:51 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,928,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I don't see the problem with this.

When I buy gas, I don't interact with cashier - I pay at the pump. And then I pump my own gas.

When I withdraw cash, I don't interact with a bank teller - I use the ATM.

When I buy stuff at Home Depot, I pay for it at the self-checkout kiosk.

When I buy stuff on the internet, it's all by PayPal or credit card.

[it's a natural evolution]
I also, of course, book all flights, hotels, car rentals on line, and all of those activities ermployed people to initiate the transaction 20 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 11:24 PM

4,567 posts, read 3,385,754 times
There is another aspect to this: I was a manager at a FF restaurant: A sew years after I left the CEO experimented with the Kiosks. One day, on the tail end of a lunch rush I went in to place an order at the counter, the clerk at the register came around the counter and started entering my order in the kiosk. I informed her that I don't do kiosks, to which she replied that there were no actual registers open, only thee kiosk. I asked to see the manager, who knew as a former co-worker. He informed me that they we part of the kiosk test, and that the CEO was requiring a certain percentage of orders to be made via kiosk of the managerial bonuses were being withheld, and disceplinary action would occur. I watched this poor girl standing behind the counter with a line, have to come running around the counter one order at a time and put it in a kiosk. I learned later that the CEO was getting a incentive form the manufacturer of the kiosks for each one installed. I also watched several people walk out rather than have anything to do with the kiosk.

When I worked there many stores designated for tests. It always amazed me how many times someone from corporate came in telling me that they already knew the test was a bust, but were under orders to make it work so that the CEO could get her kickback form whatever manufacturer was involved. That company was always "clowning around" like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies