Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2014, 02:16 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,642 times

Advertisements

yeaaaa back to a heterosexual only sports league. WHoooooooo!!!!

Regardless this just proves that the rams wasted their 7th round pick. Very rarely do teams cut anyone they drafted that year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 02:19 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
yeaaaa back to a heterosexual only sports league. WHoooooooo!!!!

Regardless this just proves that the rams wasted their 7th round pick. Very rarely do teams cut anyone they drafted.
There are gays all over the NFL, and there always have been. And the Rams could bring Sam back for their practice squad, or he might get picked up as a free agent by someone else.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:24 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There are gays all over the NFL, and there always have been. And the Rams could bring Sam back for their practice squad, or he might get picked up as a free agent by someone else.
Of course there are. That's part of why it's so insane to make such a huge deal over a 7th round draft pick.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:26 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
I feel for all these guys. It has been their dream since they were little to play in the NFL. They spent their summers on the field while the other kids played. For most of them, their lives revolved around the game. Their free time was in the weight room. To work so long and so hard and then to have your dream shattered is hard to take. Sam is no different because he is gay. It makes me want to puke when I see the bigots clucking and celebrating his coming up short. Their hatred overwhelms their compassion totally. What a bunch of losers!

Old 08-30-2014, 02:29 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I feel for all these guys. It has been their dream since they were little to play in the NFL. They spent their summers on the field while the other kids played. For most of them, their lives revolved around the game. Their free time was in the weight room. To work so long and so hard and then to have your dream shattered is hard to take. Sam is no different because he is gay. It makes me want to puke when I see the bigots clucking and celebrating his coming up short. Their hatred overwhelms their compassion totally. What a bunch of losers!
We are not a bunch of losers. Its disgusting when the biased liberal media 100% focus on some gay player when hundreds of other players worked just as hard and their dreams are cut short too.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:46 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Really worked out for gays. Sam was cut from the Rams.

Michael Sam released by St. Louis Rams | Fox News

Old 08-30-2014, 02:55 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Of course there are. That's part of why it's so insane to make such a huge deal over a 7th round draft pick.
The huge deal was an openly gay player, one who wasn't pretending to not be gay.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:00 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
I found it ironic that M. Sam made such a big deal out of 'coming out' ... and then was surprised that people subsequently referred to him as a 'gay football player' instead of simply a 'football player.' IMO, this is the fallacy of so many claims to 'only want equal rights/treatment', when the real objective is actually 'special rights/treatment,' but, heaven forbid anyone should say so, since that would be insensitive and narrow minded.
And....what "special treatment" is he asking for, exactly? In fact, what special treatment before the law are the gays actually asking for, exactly? Exemption from taxes? Driving without a license? Cut in line at the coffee shop? what?

I personally find it ironic that people who claim to be educated can't understand the simple difference between the words "equal" and "special"....

Are gays asking for affirmative actions to elite colleges?

Do they want cheaper rent? what?

And who came up with the title to this thread anyway? Do you seriously think the NFL or any other sports organization was ever just a"heterosexual" sport organization? Seriously?

Old 08-30-2014, 03:06 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
I said all along Sam was letting himself be used.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:13 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I said all along Sam was letting himself be used.
I suppose that just means you've been wrong all along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies