Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2014, 05:37 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Well, to be honest. It never really was a heterosexual only sports league... or baseball, boxing, basketball, or whatever sports existed...
I remember a few years ago several NFL players were asked about anyone being gay in the NFL. And they all said basically, yeah, we know some guys are gay, they exist and some of us know who they are. We don't care. It doesn't change anything, we just let them be who they are.

Stories like this are nothing more then attention seekers. Of course there have been other NFL players who have been gay and other players have long known it.

I personally am sick of something that should not matter being shoved in our faces as some sort of, "earth shattering news story." It's old and way overdone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 05:45 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Anybody else find it ironic that a self confessed gay guy got drafted by a team called the "RAMS"?
Pathetic post.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:52 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
I wonder if the first gay QB will refuse to wear a red shirt and instruct his line to 'not block anyone'.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:02 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
A whole lot of overcompensating right-wingers in this thread.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
I'm laughing at two things here:

1. The idea that this is something to celebrate and get excited about

2. The bitter reactions from the anti-gay crowd

Thanks for the chuckles, folks. Keep it up!

Old 05-11-2014, 06:08 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Absolutely. Men should not be crying over something like this, gay or not. And the video is totally inappropriate. And for the record, it would be just as wrong to show if it were his girlfriend he was kissing and carrying on with. If I'm watching sports news, I want to hear about sports, and really don't give a sh*t about the personal lives of the participants.

Straight men crying at an event such as this are just sissies. And yes, I would not hesitate to tell them this directly.
Dream on. If you value your health, you're not calling any NFL-level athlete, gay or straight, a sissy to their face. Most of them, especially defensive players, could snap the average right-winger in half like a twig. You save your epitaphs for anonymous internet message boards, tough guy.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:09 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Micheal Sam will be first out NFL player as he was just drafted by the St. Louis Rams.

The times, they are a changin'! Congratulations, Michael Sam!

Making history, it's about time.
The NFL has joined the 21st century of acceptance, kudos!
When did the NFL not accept homosexuals?

Old 05-11-2014, 06:16 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard
Absolutely. Men should not be crying over something like this, gay or not. And the video is totally inappropriate. And for the record, it would be just as wrong to show if it were his girlfriend he was kissing and carrying on with. If I'm watching sports news, I want to hear about sports, and really don't give a sh*t about the personal lives of the participants.

Straight men crying at an event such as this are just sissies. And yes, I would not hesitate to tell them this directly
I hope you don't have any sons.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:36 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Lol, I've never seen a 7th round draft choice get this much media attention. But there's no gay agenda right libs? He's a 7th round draft pick, he'll probably end up getting cut and five years from now nobody won't even remember this dudes name.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:42 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I remember a few years ago several NFL players were asked about anyone being gay in the NFL. And they all said basically, yeah, we know some guys are gay, they exist and some of us know who they are. We don't care. It doesn't change anything, we just let them be who they are.

Stories like this are nothing more then attention seekers. Of course there have been other NFL players who have been gay and other players have long known it.

I personally am sick of something that should not matter being shoved in our faces as some sort of, "earth shattering news story." It's old and way overdone.
Warren Moon said he played with two gay players when he played for the Oilers. Guess what, nobody cared! And this was 20 years ago. Now everything is P.C. and the liberal media is pushing their homo agenda and shoving it down our throats.(no pun intended)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies