Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 08:18 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Sure. Whatever you say? How about authoritarian types who feel the need to tell others how to live because they don't approve of it, should not be able to own guns?

Generalizing again?

I support the 2nd Amendment for sure, but some people with that attitude are a hell of a lot more scarier than some run of the mill stoner. Hitler would have been proud of these people!

As someone who is pro legalization, I agree with the bolded. If you partake, do so responsibly, and don't drive while under the influence. That goes for any intoxicant.
I totally agree, but, unfortunately people do not fear the law any longer, and will drive under the influence....that is the only reason I'm against legalizing it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 08:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I totally agree, but, unfortunately people do not fear the law any longer, and will drive under the influence....that is the only reason I'm against legalizing it....
That's where we go when the government and law enforcement act like they don't have to obey the law.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:48 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

I see it this way, get caught driving stoned, the same penalties should apply as with driving drunk.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:07 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopede View Post
I can't wait until this is legal and regulated sensibly.

I just sat in on a lecture a few days ago about the affects of illegal grows in the forest here. Smaller operations aren't an issue, but there are some "mega-grows" or cartel grows who are operating with complete disregard to the surrounding environment. They're killing endangered species, knocking down trees, and choking tributaries.

I don't care if someone's growing, but drying out a stream to water you grow or leaving pesticides out and killing endangered animals isn't acceptable for any agricultural operation.
Strange how no one demands anyone do anything about the illegal pot growing except to demand making pot legal.

For those that use, why worry about the environment the cartels are trashing, the inability to walk in a forest because you might get shot for just being close to illegal pot farms, just light up a joint and be happy, none of it will matter. Enjoy the toke, eat a brownie and have a glass of milk, it will all be ok.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Strange how no one demands anyone do anything about the illegal pot growing except to demand making pot legal.

For those that use, why worry about the environment the cartels are trashing, the inability to walk in a forest because you might get shot for just being close to illegal pot farms, just light up a joint and be happy, none of it will matter. Enjoy the toke, eat a brownie and have a glass of milk, it will all be ok.

That is what happens when you make something illegal. You create a black market, in which growing by means of crude methods such as you mentioned. Ending the federal ban would put a huge dent in the cartels pushing Mexican weed here, and eliminate the black market. Or have we not learned from the failures of prohibition of alcohol? Besides, everyone knows the best s*** is grown in the US and Canada due to more sophisticated methods of growing quality cannabis. Mexican weed is dirt weed anyway. At any rate, I'm sure the licensed growers for legal medical weed out in California aren't trashing the environment.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:

If I smoked with what pot costs I have to think I would be growing my own.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If I smoked with what pot costs I have to think I would be growing my own.

If it's legalized (I should say when, because sooner or later it's going to happen) and the option is given, I'd love to have that option of growing a few plants of my own for my own consumption.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:32 PM

778 posts, read 823,729 times
Quote:

If you read past the first line, you will see I denounced many of those same things. I don't give two squirts about what people are growing, but it should be grown ethically (if not exactly legally, in this particular case). Legalizing it will make policing easier...imagine a Federal standard for pure, organic, sustainably grown pot? Give consumers a choice and hopefully they'll put the bad growers out of business, and at the same time go after the bad ones harshly for the terrible things they do.

Worth noting, possibly: I don't partake in the mary.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:31 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
I can't wait until this is legal and regulated sensibly.

I just sat in on a lecture a few days ago about the affects of illegal grows in the forest here. Smaller operations aren't an issue, but there are some "mega-grows" or cartel grows who are operating with complete disregard to the surrounding environment. They're killing endangered species, knocking down trees, and choking tributaries.

I don't care if someone's growing, but drying out a stream to water you grow or leaving pesticides out and killing endangered animals isn't acceptable for any agricultural operation.
The Forest Service knows this, which, leads to feds knowing. Wonder why they're willing to arrest a man for growing pot for medical purposes and allow illegals to grow for "free." This is where all the anti-pot people should put their anger, not toward a personal grower or very small time supplier for medical MJ.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:32 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
If you read past the first line, you will see I denounced many of those same things. I don't give two squirts about what people are growing, but it should be grown ethically (if not exactly legally, in this particular case). Legalizing it will make policing easier...imagine a Federal standard for pure, organic, sustainably grown pot? Give consumers a choice and hopefully they'll put the bad growers out of business, and at the same time go after the bad ones harshly for the terrible things they do.

Worth noting, possibly: I don't partake in the mary.
By your location, guess you like the area and weather Not questioning just funny with the reputation of the area, must be like a duck out of water. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies