Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 04:15 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,385,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I don't find it disgusting at all.
Of course. The MSMs propaganda campaign is now paying dividends. What is totally appalling and repulsive only a decade ago is now moving towards the norm.

It's fascinating how powerful the MSM is and how so few people control it can twist and warp the world to their worldview.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:20 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,380 times
Default Not Sports

Who cares, If they want to burn in the under world forever, that is their business. Besides we have a President who is driving down a country. Which is more important!

Old 05-13-2014, 04:26 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,288,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Oh god. The endless stream of straight players kissing their girlfriends/wives is all over the internet. It isn't Michael Sams fault that all the cameras were on him. He did nothing different than dozens of other nfl players did that day.
Yes he did. He kissed a man. I know its hard to hear but that is different.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:29 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,369,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
I'll never forget me and my best buddy back around '99 had just been chillin' watching TRL and Christina Aguilar's "Beautiful" came on and we saw two dudes kissing it was the most uncomfortable and disgusting thing we had ever seen - we both had a natural reaction of repulsion.
Except you are simply asserting it is a natural reaction. Just because YOU had that reaction does not mean it is the natural one. It is just YOUR one.

Many people would do well to learn the difference between "X is repulsive" and "X is repulsive to me". Far too often people take the latter and declare it is the former. Your personal reactions are not the arbiter of what is repulsive or not.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:33 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,385,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Except you are simply asserting it is a natural reaction. Just because YOU had that reaction does not mean it is the natural one. It is just YOUR one.

Many people would do well to learn the difference between "X is repulsive" and "X is repulsive to me". Far too often people take the latter and declare it is the former. Your personal reactions are not the arbiter of what is repulsive or not.
Yes, they are.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:50 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,422 times
Default Player fined, for daring to say out loud, gay kiss was gross..

Quote:

My natural reaction was disgust and anger. First because it was gross, and second because a 7th round pick is on national tv,
just because he's gay!

My personal reactions are the arbiter of what is repulsive. I don't need any help telling me what to think.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:04 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Who cares, If they want to burn in the under world forever, that is their business. Besides we have a President who is driving down a country. Which is more important!
You're right and it really isn't a huge deal. My main issue is the extreme overreaction of the Dolphins and NFL, and how I think it was set up in the first place. I don't like the bullying and punishing of people into silence, nor the"reeducation" nonsense.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:13 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
Aside from what you may think about the kiss according to what I heard this player would never been drafted if you go by his stats. That to me is discrimination towards other players who were not drafted and may had better stats.

Nowadays it is an accomplishment to be gay. Wow what a sad world we are in.

I don't care he is gay. The kiss or hug to me was stupid since it makes him look less like a sports athlete than a wannabe tv star.

How do you think guys will feel standing in the shower with this guy after a game...

I worked with a lot of gay people back in Europe and I was always amazed how fast gays can get emotional and physical during a fight with their partner and I wonder how the player and his bf will handle the shower part and if another player is a little too friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
NFL Player Fined After Posting Negative Tweets about Michael Sam

Well that should seal it. Im done with the NFL now if this is what its come to. A fine and "re-education" for daring to say he thought the kiss was gross?! Really?! ********* NFL and the rest of these loons.

This is un-American insanity. This is the sort of thing I knew would be coming after the gay marriage push. You cant even utter a single thought of a hint of negativity about anything homo or you get punished now. You aren't allowed to feel differently and say something about it now.

I found the kiss gross too. Thank God I dont work for an org. like the NFL that would punish me for daring to say so.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:15 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Have at it. There aren't enough people sharing your opinion to make a difference.
We shall see.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:17 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
Quote:

I find dog poop on the sidewalk unpeasant to behold. You may find it attractive and wish to roll around in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.