Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 03:21 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
So you're OK with businesses banning folks based off it being a "business decision"??

Happens every day. Welcome to the Holy Free Market!

Old 05-12-2014, 03:22 PM

860 posts, read 1,109,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
An expression of being grossed out by male on male kissing, is not hate speech, it's called free speech. People were grossed out by the Al & Tipper Gore kiss too.
I agree with you. Some gays call it gross if a man and a woman kiss or have sex. There seems to be a double standard.

1,634 posts, read 1,208,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Who was banned?
I was asking a principled question. Forget contracts...that only affects the player because he may be penalized now for something he agreed to unwittingly...Your argument was one of property rights, not contractual agreements. So, are you OK with businesses barring patrons based off calculated "business decisions"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
I never said that gays were responsible for slavery. And no one is stopping you from going back to Africa since all races, apparently, come from Africa.

And, yes, my parents did bring me into this world.....a man and a woman did that.
Nope. A WOMAN did that.

Back off, gentlemen. We women are in charge, base on this fun new meme that the only normal people are those created via a natural process. It's called "gestation."

Old 05-12-2014, 03:23 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
An expression of being grossed out by male on male kissing, is not hate speech, it's called free speech. People were grossed out by the Al & Tipper Gore kiss too.

We are not a fascist country, no matter how much the looney left tries to transform the country into being a fascist state.
The first amendment does not protect you from the consequences of your speech from other people or your employer. It only applies to the government penalizing you for your speech.

Old 05-12-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post

Happens every day. Welcome to the Holy Free Market!
Oregon will oversee settlement process between Christian bakers, lesbian couple | Deseret News

Not the free market when there is this type on intervention now is it?

Quote:
I have been heterosexual since I entertained women, had sex with women and reproduced with women.

All elements of CHOICE.

I will just let Occam's Razor take care of the rest.
Neat avoidance of the question, but not quite neat enough.

When did you DECIDE you'd choose to entertain, have sex with and reproduce with women, instead of men?

860 posts, read 1,109,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Raping kids harms kids. Two consenting adults having sex harms no one. .
Not always. Some teens go into a relationship willingly with an adult.

Old 05-12-2014, 03:27 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
Look, you are free to opine it isn't a choice. Just like I am free to opine that it is.
You're the one who claims that you (and everybody else) chose the sex you're attracted to; that you chose to be attracted to men and not women.

That seems foreign to me. That was not my experience - I did not choose my sexual orientation (even though you claim I did). As such, I'm curious about your experience choosing your sexual orientation. Why won't you discuss your experience in choosing you sexual orientation with me? I'd really like to know things like:

Before you chose to be attracted solely to women, were you attracted to both men and women, or to neither men or women?

How did you decide your sexuality? Did you make a list of pros and cons for all sexualities? Did you seek the advice of your family and friends? Did you experiment by having sex with both men and women to see which one you liked more?

And once you made your decision, how did you hardwire that decision?

How did you make yourself attracted to women but not attracted to men? If you were initially attracted to both men and women, how did you selectively turn off the attraction to men? If you were initially attracted to neither men or women, how did you selectively turn on the attraction to women? Perhaps you could explain the biological mechanism and how you consciously triggered it.

Quote:
The only thing that matters is how you ACT out your emotions. That is a choice.
Of course that's a choice. Who you in fact choose to have sex with is a choice. Nobody would claim otherwise.

Old 05-12-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Neat avoidance of the question, but not quite neat enough.

When did you DECIDE you'd choose to entertain, have sex with and reproduce with women, instead of men?
"I will just let Occam's Razor take care of the rest."

Understand it...

basically, until there is overwhelming SCIENTIFIC evidence that homosexuality ISN'T a choice....there is no reason to provide any deeper explanation than the simplest one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies