Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 04:20 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,365,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Your lawnmower is more valuable than a human life....
.....it depends upon the human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 04:29 PM

13,279 posts, read 7,809,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
His friend said they were looking for alcohol to steal. And when did I not understand hearsay? His friend's statement is hearsay but admissible because he was a co-conspirator.
What is legal for minors to BUY in Germany, is only legal to STEAL in America.

Most of the world knows that it's legal to steal and kill in the U.S.

You just have to go about it right.

The kid obviously wasn't very well educated in the ways of his foster country.

I think it is also illegal to shoot minors in Germany.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:35 PM

5,636 posts, read 5,052,265 times
Quote:
Your lawnmower is more valuable than a human life...

That tells us a lot about your priorities and values.
Is my lawn mower worth dying for in an attempt to steal it from me? That says even more about the priorities and values of a perp.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:01 PM

4,396 posts, read 4,887,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Is my lawn mower worth dying for in an attempt to steal it from me? That says even more about the priorities and values of a perp.
Meth heads steal copper wire from live electrical lines around here. Their judgement is cloudy at best. That's why when someone has crossed the line into criminal behavior and that behavior brings them under my roof, they don't get time to explain why they are there. The assumption starts off at the worst possible reason and I will respond accordingly.

As I have stated earlier in this thread, the only thing separating me from a guy trying to get into my apartment was a window. I was prepared to use up to 15 jacketed hollow points to stop the threat.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:04 PM

5,636 posts, read 5,052,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Meth heads steal copper wire from live electrical lines around here. Their judgement is cloudy at best.
Then it's "Hello Mr. Darwin" and the world is a better place for it! . Same thing when it's a thieving Turk in someone's garage in the middle of the night.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:13 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,712,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Meth heads steal copper wire from live electrical lines around here. Their judgement is cloudy at best. That's why when someone has crossed the line into criminal behavior and that behavior brings them under my roof, they don't get time to explain why they are there. The assumption starts off at the worst possible reason and I will respond accordingly.

As I have stated earlier in this thread, the only thing separating me from a guy trying to get into my apartment was a window. I was prepared to use up to 15 jacketed hollow points to stop the threat.
Some meth heads tried that at a sub station hear in in Vegas a few years ago, they used a ladder to get over the main fence, they when the moving the ladder to get over another fence the top part of the ladder came into contact with a wire, Bam! 100,000 Volts! they hit the ground on fire, dead...

Old 05-20-2014, 07:11 PM

147 posts, read 146,654 times
Quote:
It's not stupid. It goes to the entire point. You want to dismiss this example because it's a mailman in broad daylight. But you don't want to address the GLARING issue with what actually happened, that the couple WANTED someone to come into their garage, that it wasn't a home invasion when the homeowner actually had to run outside, that the homeowner couldn't see who was in his garage and just wildly started shooting. Hey, shut the garage door, lock the trespasser in, and call the police. Even if you have to wait a half-hour for the police to show up, at least no one's dead.
A garage door takes a long time to shut he could have easily ducked under it and stolen the purse and ran. Sorry but if someone is in my garage after midnight I will not lock them in my garage with easy access to my house.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:17 PM

147 posts, read 146,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
Question:

Does breaking and entering constitute death penalty via lethal injection?

No? Then why are citizens killing people left and right for crossing property lines?

Tip: the gun culture is to blame.
Are you kidding me. I guess a spoon is responsible for someone getting fat. I guess a person does not kill other people.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:22 PM

1,070 posts, read 735,047 times
He didn't say "guns are to blame" but "gun culture is to blame". "Culture" as in "human activity"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prarie State View Post
Are you kidding me. I guess a spoon is responsible for someone getting fat. I guess a person does not kill other people.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:37 PM

6,392 posts, read 5,147,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Being on someone else's property isn't enough which is why the murderer is up on charges. In all civilized states you also have to have a reasonable fear for your life and you have to convince a jury that it was reasonable to fear for your life. This is how civilized states deal with such things while barbarian states have the wild west where a lot more people get killed including a lot of innocent people. Not the NRA gives a crap about the innocent people murdered.
I think it IS enough. If you decide to break into MY home, you will have forfeited your life. Cut, Dry, end of Story. If you wish to be a criminal, you should expect that people will disagree with your life choice, and exhibit a violent response. MY response would be a 45 cal double tap. WHINE about it as much as you want, but someone's choice to be a criminal means suffering the results of their behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies