Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 11:44 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
One more time, then!

Climate change happens naturally. Yes. I agree. I have agreed with this multiple times on multiple threads. If you gave me a petition that said 'let's agree that climate change happens naturally', I would sign it.

But climate change is supposed to happen much slower than it is happening now. Rate means speed. It is happening too quickly, and the planet is struggling to adjust. That is the problem. If you can prove that this speeded up form of climate change is perfectly natural and fine, go for it. But I doubt that you can.

Truthalliance.net?
Seriously?

And if you know you're already being poisoned, it makes zero sense to intentionally consume even higher doses of that poison. That is the most basic thing in the entire world... people who are not suicidal shouldn't make themselves sick.
and once again, one more time....

who says they have the speed of climate change all figured out? Is it possible, yes, is it happening, maybe it is....I won't deny that, but I'm not arguing that....what I'm arguing is the fact that I don't believe climate change is all due to humans....or in

I've been poisoned since the day I was born and so have you and everyone else, with all kinds of vaccines, medications, the toxins in pressure treated lumber, in animals, in radon from the ground, and in all the chemicals we've been injesting from water and foods...which contains carsnogenes....even in the air we breath....and once again, and maybe all this is caused by 2nd hand smoke, yeah right.

I don't deny climate change is happening, but the fact that scientists believe and can predict, heavens no, and truthalliance, yeah, so what, it proves my agenda, straight from USA Today.

I believe human beings will be gone long before climate change has anything to do with it....due to lack of cleanliness, b/c one day soon, that super bug that antibiotics won't be able to touch, will rear it's ugly head and wipe us all out...and maybe that is a good thing. We have not progressed, we've regressed and become even more animalistic....beware of human beings, they are animals. Muahh ha ha ha ha ha

Old 05-13-2014, 11:47 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
your right, the world will someday disappear....the earth is in fact a star, and every star has it's beginning and it's end....so, yeah, someday, but surely not in our lifetime, or in our great great great grand child's lifetime....but will the coasts go under water, yes, maybe they will...because the glaciers are indeed melting....but....before I stake my life on anything, I'll have to see it to believe it....

creme, the earth is a planet, the sun is a star, and comparing climate change with the eventual demise of our sun is silly.

Yes, the earth's climate changes, constantly. But the crapola we spew into the air on a daily basis, along with deforestation, has sped up the process.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:47 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I just need to re-post this, agree 100%. And possibly add:

5. That it is insane arrogance to believe that humans would ever know what the "ideal climate" is and be able to change our behavior to keep it there.
I absolutely agree with you!

Let's assume for the purposes of argument that there is catastrophic man made climate change. The notion that we, as a society are going to cut back emissions to the point of making a difference is ridiculously naive.
I mean if it is as bad as they say it is, it will require much more than biking to work a few days a week or changing to "green" lightbulbs. It would require a massive retooling of society as we know it that I don't even see the proponents of this theory being willing to adopt. If they are, they certainly aren't leading by example!

Then even IF we get all of America on board, there is the rest of the world. China, India, Latin America, all growing economies, and we are supposed to think they will shutter their factories and go back to riding bikes and rickshaws!

I mean basically, if it means going back to the pre-industrial age to reverse this, I don't realistically see it happening. Certainly not worldwide.

The warmists HAVE to realize this on some level so I have to wonder what their agenda is.

I see three possible choices…

1) They actually DO believe that we can reverse the climate by reverting back to the pre-industrial age or whatever their plan is to reverse the damage. They believe they can get the rest of the world onboard as well.
As Kara said, that is just INSANE arrogance!

2) Its become as a religion, a cult.
-Earth or Mother nature is God
-They are the true believers or the chosen ones
-The skeptics are the infidels or the heretics
-The threat of climate change is the threat of damnation or expulsion from paradise for sinning.
-The science and the IPCC reports are their bible. Infallible and unquestionable.
-Their high priests are Al Gore, James Hanson, et al.
Google "Environmentalism as a religion", this isn't a new concept.

3) It's about money. A UN wealth distribution plan, making money on carbon trading schemes, keeping the climate research funding (which is in the BILLIONS of dollars yearly) flowing, etc.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:53 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Hey, in another 30 - 40 years, I'll have some beachfront property to sell you....in Arizona.
You may want to reconsider your plan:

Old 05-13-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
carterstamp creme, the earth is a planet, the sun is a star, and comparing climate change with the eventual demise of our sun is silly.
OMG Your absolutely right, I forgot about that....I forgot all of what I learned? My bad!

Quote:
Yes, the earth's climate changes, constantly. But the crapola we spew into the air on a daily basis, along with deforestation, has sped up the process.
I believe that everything contributes, but I do not believe that is the reason it's speeding up....and I can also believe in deforestation...but there are many many many factors in causing this....things do not happen for one reason....

and that is my belief....the preceeding announcement has been paid for by myself....and no animals were harmed while writing this.

I'm not mocking you, just in a humorous mood this afternoon.
thanks for your reply

Old 05-13-2014, 11:55 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
along with deforestation, has sped up the process.
At least here in the US the amount of forested area has actually increased since the early 1900's.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
voiceofreazon
They actually DO believe that we can reverse the climate by reverting back to the pre-industrial age or whatever their plan is to reverse the damage. They believe they can get the rest of the world onboard as well.
As Kara said, that is just INSANE arrogance!
Getting the rest of the world to get on board with this would be impossible, the utility companies wouldn't hear of it, how in the world could they pay their CEO's 16 million. Do they really think that people will give up what they have now to pre-industrail age...OMG, the ringer washing machine....please say it ain't so.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
At least here in the US the amount of forested area has actually increased since the early 1900's.
I think we should all go home tonight and plant a tree....I'm serious....and NOTE: to my landlord I say,
YOU EITHER CUT THEM COMPLETELY DOWN OR LET THEM GO WILD, LEARN, HOW TO TRIM A TREE, TO KEEP THEM SAFE, ALIVE AND HOMES TO MANY SQUIRRELS, OWLS, BIRDS AND OTHER FORESTED ANIMALS.

we need to plant more trees, that may seriously help....and would help the desserts from expanding...b/c cutting down trees enhances desserts...so?

and I'm serious.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:02 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,670,759 times
The only thing that can be said for certain is that global warming will eventually be self correcting. If half the global population dies, you can be sure CO2 emissions will go down.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:02 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
I have it bookmarked someplace, but there is more forrested land today in the USA than there was in 1900.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies