Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 09:25 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That's from one of the Climategate emails, it was written with complete honesty because it most certainly wasn't meant to be public.
That's absurd... people joke around with their colleagues all the time.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:26 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
OK, stop breathing, RIGHT NOW....for those who truly believe in climate change....

Get back with me, when you can no longer respond....

Yes, my last comment...is rhetorical....

Old 05-12-2014, 09:27 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
That's absurd... people joke around with their colleagues all the time.
This isn't joking around:
Quote:
What will be interesting is to see how IPCC pans out, as we've been told we can't use any article that hasn't been submitted by May 31. This date isn't binding, but Aug 12 is a little more as this is when we must submit our next draft - the one everybody will be able to get access to and comment upon. The science isn't going to stop from now until AR4 comes out in early 2007, so we are going to have to add in relevant new and important papers. I hope it is up to us to decide what is important and new. So, unless you get something to me soon, it won't be in this version. It shouldn't matter though, as it will be ridiculous to keep later drafts without it. We will be open to criticism though with what we do add in subsequent drafts. Someone is going to check the final version and the Aug 12 draft. This is partly why I've sent you the rest of this email. IPCC, me and whoever will get accused of being political, whatever we do. As you know, I'm not political. If anything, I would like to see the climate change happen, so the science could be proved right, regardless of the consequences. This isn't being political, it is being selfish.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:28 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Put your money where your mouth is, go buy a solar system forgoing the 50% tax break and all the other incentives.
I already have solar panels, thank you. The tax incentives to do so are just part of living in an advanced, forward thinking state. The problem is our backwards brothern who are unable to adapt to reality due to their limited mental abilities and backwards political ideology not to mention their general unwillingness to act in the common good. My state has also enacted laws to limit greenhouse gas production as well as to mandate use of non-GHG producing power generation. It's time for the rest of you Luddites to catch up. You can't expect to free ride forever and you should also take necessary actions.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:32 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The tax incentives to do so are just part of living in an advanced, forward thinking state.
LOL.... If everyone did it the other guy is no longer paying for it.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:35 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Reality amuses you? I suspect that you will eventually find reality not so amusing. Especially since it is entirely preventable but you are too lazy and self centered to bother.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:37 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I already have solar panels, thank you. The tax incentives to do so are just part of living in an advanced, forward thinking state. The problem is our backwards brothern who are unable to adapt to reality due to their limited mental abilities and backwards political ideology not to mention their general unwillingness to act in the common good. My state has also enacted laws to limit greenhouse gas production as well as to mandate use of non-GHG producing power generation. It's time for the rest of you Luddites to catch up. You can't expect to free ride forever and you should also take necessary actions.
How is advance to force others to support a product or industry that is not profitable?

What state do you live in?

I bet it is California..

Yeah and your state has some of the highest cost of living anywhere in America....forcing millions to move else where..

limited mental abilities, we are not the ones treating illegals better then small business owners..

Yes we are the Luddites, we are not the ones block Natural gas production which provides cheap, clear engery for all of America..

Old 05-12-2014, 09:49 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Why are conservatives so rabidly against climate change?

Why do liberals start so many threads with titles like, "Why is it that...." ...followed by some lie about conservatives?

Do you people have some craving for attention, that only starting silly nonsense threads can satisfy?

Help is available.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:49 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
I honestly don't understand why. If climate change turns out to be wrong, and we (as a society) had to endure some extra economic hardship isn't that worth it if climate change turns out to be a very real with disastrous consequences?

I mean the only reason why I can imagine it is because the congressmen are simply bought by the Oil & Gas industry and honestly just don't care about what the evidence has to say.

"If climate change turns out to be wrong, and we (as a society) had to endure some extra economic hardship isn't that worth it if climate change turns out to be a very real with disastrous consequences?"

Always a good idea to proof read what you wrote.

As for playing along with Chicken Little just in case he is correct and the sky is in fact falling, the idea does have some merit provided you are willing to surrender all personal autonomy and have no issues with looking like a retard while you're played by people who make hundreds of millions of dollars off your fear and gullability.

Personally, I don't have the ability to mindlessly dismiss all the problems associated with AGW theory.

Yes, CO2 will have a warming effect on the atmosphere, but all evidence indicates the amount actual global warming is minimal, problems associated with global warming are overstated and a "runaway greenhouse effect" is laughable given that past atmospheric levels of CO2 have been as high as 7,000 ppm without setting the world on fire.

Moreover, historic changes in CO2 levels appear to be the result of warming or cooling rather than the cause, increasing concentrations of CO2 have positive effects on plant life and it really doesn't matter anyway since we could do little to reduce the increase in CO2 even if we reverted to a pre-industrial mode of living.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:50 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,550 times
Nomads have been dealing with climate change since long before history was recorded.

The earth went through cataclysmic climate change long before man arrived, from continental drift to ice ages to glaciers carving our lakes, the great flood covering most or all of the land under water, mass extinctions of species which could not adapt to widespread natural climate change. These natural extinctions continue forever. Volcanic activity still gives us a tiny sample of what happened long ago, and the recent eruption of Mt Pinatubo had more measurable effect upon the world's weather than all of man's activity since the dawn of the industrial revolution. You *******s will need a lot of tax money to be more powerful than even one volcano.

The argument was lost long before the revisionists tried to backpedal by changing the phrase global warming to global climate change. This merely proved that they had no idea what was going on, but they still wanted to blame somebody for it. I refuse to concede the vocabulary to the chicken little crowd.

That said, I do admit that it seems to be getting a bit warmer over the last few weeks, but I'm sure it's the sun's fault, not the incandescent lightbulbs. I'll give it another 5 or 6 months, see if the trend reverses all by itself before I bow down to some new Wizard of Oz with a global tax and a Weather Machine.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies