Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 02:16 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,878,049 times

Advertisements

Still no talk about the life time cap? You bigoted right wing nutjobs won't even admit that Clinton signed life time caps into law? You're all just a bunch of frauds. Because those life time caps exist and five years in one person's life time is the cap. You're a bunch of fat lazy stupid frauds for not admitting that fact!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 02:51 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,441,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Still no talk about the life time cap? You bigoted right wing nutjobs won't even admit that Clinton signed life time caps into law? You're all just a bunch of frauds. Because those life time caps exist and five years in one person's life time is the cap. You're a bunch of fat lazy stupid frauds for not admitting that fact!
Okay, I admit it. Now what? You have any point to make or you just want to bash people who don't agree with you? Take a look at that post and then claim that liberals are tolerant and open minded. What a joke.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:03 AM

542 posts, read 688,778 times
Quote:
Still no talk about the life time cap?
I thought someone had brought it up earlier. But that's only for TANF, isn't it? I don't know if there's caps for things like WIC, SNAP, SSDI, or housing assistance. States may be able to offer longer time frames, too.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:26 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,878,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Okay, I admit it. Now what?
For starters you could stop lying and claiming people are spending their entire lives on welfare when there is a five year cap. I honestly think if you just stop lying people who not be as repelled by you as they normally are.

Also, no, people, liberal or other wise, do not have to be tolerant of liars who have been repeatedly corrected and had facts linked to them but who decide to ignore facts and reality so they can continue to spew lies. Smacking down liars is a public service and no tolerance of lies is needed.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:51 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,586,708 times
Quote:
For starters you could stop lying and claiming people are spending their entire lives on welfare when there is a five year cap. I honestly think if you just stop lying people who not be as repelled by you as they normally are.

Also, no, people, liberal or other wise, do not have to be tolerant of liars who have been repeatedly corrected and had facts linked to them but who decide to ignore facts and reality so they can continue to spew lies. Smacking down liars is a public service and no tolerance of lies is needed.
I'm a conservative and I have to tolerate the far left activist in office lying to Americans all the time.

Who has the facts and who doesn't? Well that is easy to answer. Who can support themselves and who needs government to confiscate money off other people so they can be fed. The people needing government assistance sure have it wrong or they wouldn't need to take from others.

Old 05-25-2014, 03:12 AM

34,258 posts, read 19,236,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm a conservative and I have to tolerate the far left activist in office lying to Americans all the time.

Who has the facts and who doesn't? Well that is easy to answer. Who can support themselves and who needs government to confiscate money off other people so they can be fed. The people needing government assistance sure have it wrong or they wouldn't need to take from others.
And this is the defense when someone gets called on stating the wrong facts over and over and over?

Really?

Sooo for example the people in the military whose children need foodstamps, they're wrong?

The person suffering from sever head trauma collecting social security....that one is wrong too?

Old 05-25-2014, 06:37 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,214,532 times
Quote:

Whoa....

My friend in on SSI....has been for 12 years....I think when she is 62 she draws SS.....but, I know she will never work again.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:16 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,502,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? Show me someone who lives comfortably on SSI.(max $721 per month).
Why do leftists ALWAYS lie?

SSDI monthly payments depend on how long you have worked, how much money you made, and the number of dependents you have.

It can easily exceed double your figure.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:25 AM

88,603 posts, read 44,314,754 times
Quote:
Given that there is a life time cap on welfare your previous claim that people stay on welfare for their entire life is still just complete BS.
Completely false. Not only that, welfare-dependency is multigenerational in many cases.

Evaluating Multigenerational Beneficiaries’ Dependence on Governmental Assistance
http://www.hoganllc.org/uploads/Fred...11-08FINAL.pdf

Old 05-25-2014, 10:24 AM

103 posts, read 134,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDoIGetOnWelfare View Post
Plenty of people live comfortably enough off welfare. Most welfare recipients are lifetime recipients.

Do you guys ever get mad at these corporate welfare types - who screw over the system to the tune of hundreds of millions - or are you just pissed off at the idea of some single mother "stealing" $50 extra in food stamps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies