Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 07:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The US is just fine, thank you. I can worship as I please, declare the government and President sucks and not be afraid of arrest, I can own a gun, vote as I please, listen to whom I please, and moon any drone that comes my way. What a country!!!

Anyone who is afraid can go south or north of the border. I'll hold the door open for you.

North or south?

This place is suppose to be unique. A sanctuary from north, south, east and europe.

Why turn it into those places, via backdoor shenanigans. I think you can go there to find all you have here.

I want back what has been eroded and taken.... My liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 10:19 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Uh yeh... you DO. I've flown to the UK twice and both times passengers were required to produce passports in order to get on the plane that left the states.
That's because the UK will fine the airline if they land passengers w/o a passport - in other words, that's UK law. The US authorities don't care a bit.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:21 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's because the UK will fine the airline if they land passengers w/o a passport - in other words, that's UK law. The US authorities don't care a bit.
All airlines require the proper documents....as do ships.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So you don't remember the man who made that Benghazi YouTube video, or the people targeted by the IRS for daring to apply for a 401 C?
The Youtube fellow agreed not to do silly stunts like that as part of a plea bargain. He could have taken his jail time like a man if he felt the terms too onerous. And the "targeting" was inquiries to see if they actually stayed within the 401(c) guidelines. I have a hard time feeling sorry for either one.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
All airlines require the proper documents....as do ships.
And again, you can hardly blame the US for that. Buy a boat in San Diego and sail to the South American country of your choice, the US doesn't care one whit whether you have a passport. The country you make landfall in, on the other hand...

Old 05-16-2014, 10:26 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
North or south?

This place is suppose to be unique. A sanctuary from north, south, east and europe.

Why turn it into those places, via backdoor shenanigans. I think you can go there to find all you have here.

I want back what has been eroded and taken.... My liberty.

Exactly how has your liberty been compromised? Mine is just fine. I still have my gun, I still go to church unmolested, I still speak up when I want to and say pretty much what I want to. I can access all kinds of news sources, both right and left leaning, I can give my gubmit officials the finger when I want to, I can go pretty much wherever I want to in this country without "papers" or a passport, and I can travel pretty much anywhere outside this country with a passport. I can post on public forums like this and social media without fear of being arrested (unless of course I threaten someone's life). I can vote whenever there is an election without fear of being shot or pulled out of line and arrested.

Once again, my liberty is just fine.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:29 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
The US is just fine, thank you. I can worship as I please, declare the government and President sucks and not be afraid of arrest, I can own a gun, vote as I please, listen to whom I please, and moon any drone that comes my way. What a country!!!

Anyone who is afraid can go south or north of the border. I'll hold the door open for you.
Actually, they can't. Canada probably won't let them in.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:03 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Exactly how has your liberty been compromised? Mine is just fine. I still have my gun, I still go to church unmolested, I still speak up when I want to and say pretty much what I want to. I can access all kinds of news sources, both right and left leaning, I can give my gubmit officials the finger when I want to, I can go pretty much wherever I want to in this country without "papers" or a passport, and I can travel pretty much anywhere outside this country with a passport. I can post on public forums like this and social media without fear of being arrested (unless of course I threaten someone's life). I can vote whenever there is an election without fear of being shot or pulled out of line and arrested.

Exactly. I don't see how my liberty has changed. The only thing that seems to be getting worse is corporate control of our government. All our politicians, both sides, are bought and sold by corporate interests. Yes, we get to vote. But more and more, WHO we can vote for is decided by billionaires

Old 05-16-2014, 11:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:

NSA spying violates my 4th amendment.
No knock & warrantless raids violate my 5th amendment
I have to obtain, ask permission and then pay a fee, to assemble in protest, violates my 1st amendment.
I cannot have an explosive or fully automatic armament, or bear arms, without asking permission and then pay a fee, violates my 2nd amendment right, even then I still cannot bear arms, but must ask to carry one concealed.

My liberty has been compromised, yours maybe to your liking.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:28 AM

741 posts, read 763,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We are no longer allowed to vote with our feet and our dollars.
The government has mandated that.

There is no getting away from oppressive government, taking god given rights and making them a privilege that is granted by them... for a price.
Oh, Please. If you don't vote and don't think before you spend your money ... then don't blame the "government", blame yourself. Nobody's taking anything away from us. The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Not likely. Now, if you have something specific to cite ... go ahead. Othewise, I see this is just another 'bad day' complaint by someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies