Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 09:25 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times

Advertisements

How does a guy like Cory Booker get elected to Mayor and then the Senate? 100 million down the drain.

Quote:
“Everybody’s getting paid but Raheem still can’t read," Vivian Cox Fraser, president of the Urban League of Essex County, was quoted saying.

Today, the money is pretty much gone, and Newark has hardly become that symbol of excellence.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mark-z...130400933.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 09:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
You can't give anyone a blank check.

Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-13-2014, 09:35 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,268 times
He's a great politician. He spent a week on food stamps! Plus he's on twitter. Twitter I said.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
It's also another example of government incompetence. Newark schools have been the beneficiary of untold millions of tax dollars over the years of its existence, and it has never been able to perform as a quality school system.

Why was Zuckerburg such a naïve fool? Did he get a woody thinking of philanthropy without actually understanding that New Jersey is the LEAST most effective place to drop money into an educational adventure?

What an idiot for trusting New Jersey government....and trusting government in general!

Old 05-13-2014, 09:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Would I trust a government run by Governor Christi or any of the rest of the stooges that have corrupted that position since prohibition? Not for an instant. The most interesting part of the Fort Lee scandal is the MOB involvement in the real estate and the construction contracts and the media are not saying a word.

The point of sending so much money to Newark was not to provide a better education to the kids but to feed more money to the gangsters and the corrupt school officials. Based on that it was a very successful program.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:56 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Money without a plan is money wasted. Zuckerberg should know that, but then when you use the Facebook app, I am not so sure he does know that.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:40 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,834 times
Huh. It seems to me the more appropriate title is: This is why you can't give no strings attached money.

Liberal, Repub, Tea, Libertarian, Green... the party doesn't matter. Give a politician no strings attached money and you can bet at least a portion of it is going to be spent stupidly. But go ahead and tell yourself it's just one party that's the problem if it makes you feel better, I guess.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:44 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
Huh. It seems to me the more appropriate title is: This is why you can't give no strings attached money.

Liberal, Repub, Tea, Libertarian, Green... the party doesn't matter. Give a politician no strings attached money and you can bet at least a portion of it is going to be spent stupidly. But go ahead and tell yourself it's just one party that's the problem if it makes you feel better, I guess.
that's the whole point of P&C

it makes em feel gooood inside

Old 05-13-2014, 10:44 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post

This.

If there is NO accountability, there will be no discipline exercised.

Admittedly, Newark is a cesspool of waste. "Raheem" won't EVER be able to read, regardless of how much money we throw at the problem, until "Raheem's" PARENTS get involved with his education.

Period.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:47 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
He's a great politician. He spent a week on food stamps! Plus he's on twitter. Twitter I said.
Whoa, he IS a great politician if he's on Twitter.

I bet he's on Instagram, too! Instagram, I tell ya!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies