Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 10:36 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Boggles the mind, doesn't it?
Yes it does. But these days, stuff that seems crazy to normal people is accepted by society more and more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 11:22 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No, I believe you want to buy a particular 50 x 50 foot property, and the zoning laws in that particular area prohibit that. You could buy a 50 x 50 foot piece of property in another area that does allow a lot that size.

In my city, we have 3 or 4 zones, each with their own minimum lot size. My own area has 1/3 acre minimums. The zone at the south end has 1 acre minimums, To the east are 1/8 acre minimums. If I want to buy only 1/8 acre, I don't bellyache because I want to buy in the 1 acre area. Instead I buy where there are 1/8 acre lots. Got it?

If there were 50 x 50 lots available I would buy there; I've never seen zones that allow minimum lot size under 5000 sf. And, yes, 1/8 acre is greater than 5,000 sq ft.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:36 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Nope, a meth lab does not work for me.
But if you are honest, a hard worker and pay your bills, I don't care where you were born.

See how that works, it's my property, I get to decide who to rent to.
No, I don't see that.

What I see instead is that the fact that it is your property doesn't mean you can do something illegal with it. It's fine if you own a gun. It's not fine if you use that gun to rob a liquor store. It's fine to drive your car. It's not fine to drive your car on the wrong side of the street. Yes, it is your property. That doesn't mean you can rent your property, which is located in America, to someone who has no legal right to be living in America.

Not only should cities be -allowed- to ban renting homes to illegal aliens, they should be -required- to ban renting homes to illegal aliens.

Now, if you want to make an argument that you shouldn't have to rent to minorities or homosexuals, or to whites or heterosexuals, then I agree. There is no moral justification for the laws against discrimination in the private sector. That is truly government overreach. But of course the liberals are perfectly fine with telling you how to use your property as long is it is in line with their ideology.

Old 06-20-2014, 04:13 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The left will call the action racist as usual.. ho humm....
Heck, they can call it anything they want, but when it comes down to it, the left has been responsible for ruining this country, right along with the right.
The left feels sorry for everyone and doesn't believe people should suffer for crimes
They feel that no one in this country should ever be offended, and if they are, walla, a new law!
They also feel, that everyone should have the same, regardless

and the left is just as responsible as the right for leaving illegals into this country....if that statement were not true, we wouldn't have this problem.

The right feels that going to war is an answer....to everything
The right feels like they are exempt from any laws....
they want to get tough, which they should, but then ignore their own laws

Old 06-20-2014, 07:17 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Just for the record, the term "undocumented" is older than the term "illegal alien." The term "illegal alien" doesn't even appear in any U.S. government documents until the 1980s. Look it up.
If "undocumented" was never the lawful immigration term then who cares what some decided to call them? The lawful immigration term for those in our country illegally is illegal aliens. Don't like it, tough.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsunknown View Post
WHOOOHOOOO, Great ruling. Its about time we stand up and say, your here illegally and we owe you nothing but a kick in the ass and to push you over the boarder back to where ever you came from. And I think they need to be held in a camp put to work to pay for the cost of the trip back making what ever until that cost is paid in full.
I agree, but you still have them coming into this country, now more then ever, and they have the nerve to give us the finger?

This has become chaotic and it is evident that both parties are corrupt, otherwise, something wise would have been done about this years ago....this is just so wrong....
it is in fact breaking the law, and they should all be held accountable and all illegals should be deported, period.

My friend is Asian, she came to this country legally, and worked very hard to learn the language put herself thru college and become a legal American Citizen...what does all this say to her...well I'll tell you what it does, it's like slapping HER in the face.....and telling her, "You fool, it doesn't pay to follow the laws in America!" And it opens the door to chaos....to criminals and a continual depleation of our systems.

Our country is breaking down....

Old 07-10-2014, 09:26 AM
MUK

1 posts, read 525 times
I get amused to no end by such posts filled with hatred or blaming a people. The US belongs to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I agree and its why I say, this entire country and our government is criminal, or are criminals....we feel we're above the laws, and if you don't believe me, drive the speed limit, or watch how many people are talking on their phones or texting while driving....

it is pathetic....if you clean up crime everything else will clean it self up....

I remember one election years ago, when people started letting go of the slogan when voting, "character matters!" It should but it doesn't any longer....

Illegals are not just Mexicans, but EVERYONE in this country who are not citizens. Yes, Mexicans are a big part of the problem...what really really bothers me, is, you go to any other country and live there illegally, and give them the finger, and I bet you'll be in prison, but quick, and believe you me, those prisons are horrible places to go, no TV's, no college educations, just deep dark cold and damp caves....as it should be...if your a criminal you don't deserve to live a good life.
Our prisons are so plush in the fall around here, people living on the streets commit crimes just to go to prision for the winter months. A disgrace.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUK View Post
I get amused to no end by such posts filled with hatred or blaming a people. The US belongs to all.
no, it is not hatred at all, but fact, and I'm glad your so amused, b/c when our country goes under, then maybe you will laugh even harder...when all money is gone....

Blaming people, the U.S. belongs to U.S. Citizens....it should be considered a privilege to be here...but in the stead, they want to come here illegally, work for pennies, take our jobs and not have to pay taxes and be a working member of the community....that is not hatred, that is life and how it works...if you have people always taking, chaos erupts....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies