Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 03:47 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Why? Do they harm your land?

Are you just being spiteful?

Would you exterminate one of god's creatures to make a political point?

That's just sad.
According to you people, it seems that your god exterminated a hellova lot more than just one in order to make a point......remember the Noah story?
Bringing the irrelevant mention of religion into a modern day environmental discussion isn't usually the best idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 04:05 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
This is Obama being vindictive against ranchers. It's just how he rolls.
WHITE ranchers, to be precise.
Eric Holder approves.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:12 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
According to you people, it seems that your god exterminated a hellova lot more than just one in order to make a point......remember the Noah story?
Bringing the irrelevant mention of religion into a modern day environmental discussion isn't usually the best idea.
You don't seem to understand the word 'exterminate', as in extinction.
Better look it up.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:01 AM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times
These Fed dorks need to be in California protecting our Redwood trees from drug users and illegals who are destroying them for a quick buck in making furniture and artwork.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:03 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Why? Do they harm your land?

Are you just being spiteful?

Would you exterminate one of god's creatures to make a political point?

That's just sad.
Maybe they like frog legs.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:09 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Actually, Idaho's caribou are a different species from the Canadian caribou. Since our caribou are the last remaining natives of their kind in the lower 48, they are endangered. And so rare you were lucky to see them at all.
The wolves haven't gotten them all yet. And the wolves brought down from Canada are the same species of wolf that lived in Idaho.
There have always been a few of them that drifted south over the border, long before the re-introduction, and they settled in the panhandle. None ever made it as far south as the wilderness area, where the first packs were re-introduced into.

I saw a picture of one of these wolves in 1962, when I was talking to a cowboy who had a ranch in the Potlatch area. He snapped it while moving some of his cattle on his range.
Caribou is my favorite meat.....and I do not like wild game very much.

My husband goes up near the artic circle every other year and kills two.

He said there will be 30,000 in a heard.

There is a web site the migration can be followed because some caribou have radio collars.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:16 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Who knows? Maybe because increasingly more Americans now sympathize with species that are in trouble than cattle?
Riparian erosion does, for a fact, make mouse living more dangerous. Mice like to burrow in moist ground, and I've seen their burrows (and their predators, the badgers' burrows) all exposed and trashed by the cattle's hooves in over-grazed stream banks.

Some mice don't need to drink much water at all, but others do. Deer mice go out and drink at streams, for sure. If the jumping mouse is related to the deer mouse, it may do the same. Exposure in going to the stream over a wide eroded area puts all mice in a more dangerous spot; hawks, crows and other birds get 'em in the day, and owls, skunks and badgers get 'em at night. The longer distance they have to run to safety, the more lose the race.
Mike, while I appreciate the lesson in mouse behavior, you missed the point of my question (ie. if you are correct, why did the feds say "the mouse" instead of "the erosion"). You may or may not be correct about what this is all about (I don't know), but assuming you ARE correct the government is deliberately lying about their motivation.

And if the government can lie about the motivation re: THIS action, they can lie about other actions. That affect large numbers of people. That was my point.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:22 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,338 times
The GOP will never admit that humans are sharing the planet with other animals, or that extinction is a bad thing.

It reminds me of the serial killer who murders because women are just 'things' who exist for his own gratification.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:38 AM

534 posts, read 1,170,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Then why did the feds say it was the mouse?
Because it's the habitat for the mouse. Habitat - as well as individual species - is protected under the Endangered Species Act. Cattle will destroy habitat very easily, often by doing nothing more than walking through an area. Protection of the mouse's habitat = protection of the mouse.

Incidentally, the ESA has been in effect since 1972 - it has nothing at all to do with Obama.

As far as Bundy - he was basically taking something from the government which didn't belong to him by exercising grazing rights on federal land without paying for them, like everyone else does.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:47 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
The GOP will never admit that humans are sharing the planet with other animals, or that extinction is a bad thing.

It reminds me of the serial killer who murders because women are just 'things' who exist for his own gratification.

Wow! You're just full of conspiracy ideations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies