Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 11:17 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times

Advertisements

"We can prepare and try to troubleshoot for the impact something like this can have on the future. No sense in being dinosaurs and simply do nothing."

Very true. BUT, can somebody please explain WHY nothing is being done?
the sea level will rise. NEARLY ALL the scientists agree this will happen, the CAGW proponents keep telling us!
WHY is nothing being done to prepare for the inevitable sea level rise?
It is becoming more and more clear that it WILL happen, and NOTHING can be done to prevent it, so WHEN will the world governments start working on the required projects to minimize the damage?
I saw a news article about Miami Beach installing pumps to remove the excess water.
It didn't say just where they planned to put the water that they pumped out....

Old 05-14-2014, 11:20 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
We can prepare and try to troubleshoot for the impact something like this can have on the future. No sense in being dinosaurs and simply do nothing.
Talk to the velociraptors rebuilding New Orleans.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

There is the scam... blaming global warming.

There is no slush on the surface.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My issue is to raise the sea level 10-13 ft... in all major bodies of water (since water can't rise in one area only)... that takes an overwhelming large volume of melting to take place over a long period of time which includes winters. I don't see it happening.

Not to mention the mega volumes of that melting water that will be distributed into the atmosphere and then overland.

The whole sea level rise is a sledgehammer in the global warming tool belt to be used on the masses of ******* psychopants everywhere.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:32 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Not to mention the mega volumes of that melting water that will be distributed into the atmosphere and then overland.

The whole sea level rise is a sledgehammer in the global warming tool belt to be used on the masses of ******* psychopants everywhere.
Yup, I guess it is the climate scientists that are causing all these problems....Why, oh why did they have to put a volcano under that ice?

Old 05-14-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
"We can prepare and try to troubleshoot for the impact something like this can have on the future. No sense in being dinosaurs and simply do nothing."

Very true. BUT, can somebody please explain WHY nothing is being done?
the sea level will rise. NEARLY ALL the scientists agree this will happen, the CAGW proponents keep telling us!
WHY is nothing being done to prepare for the inevitable sea level rise?
It is becoming more and more clear that it WILL happen, and NOTHING can be done to prevent it, so WHEN will the world governments start working on the required projects to minimize the damage?
I saw a news article about Miami Beach installing pumps to remove the excess water.
It didn't say just where they planned to put the water that they pumped out....

Miami better build a 40 sea wall around Florida, so there is no back flow.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:36 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Miami better build a 40 sea wall around Florida, so there is no back flow.
There is no hope for Florida, as the ground is porous and a sea wall won't work.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:36 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No, not global warming.

Caused by isolated volcanic activity.
The global warming scammers are set to use this as climate change proof and not the real cause, volcanic ground warming.

8000 years ago is the last ash layer observed in the layers of ice. About the time many ancient ports were submerged forever (Atlantis) The ruins submerged off Japans coast.

""“My first thought was, ‘OK, maybe it’s just coincidence.’ But then I looked more closely and realized that the mountains were actually volcanoes and there was an age progression to the range. The volcanoes closest to the seismic events were the youngest ones.”
The events were weak and very low frequency, which strongly suggested they weren’t tectonic in origin. While low-magnitude seismic events of tectonic origin typically have frequencies of 10 to 20 cycles per second, this shaking was dominated by frequencies of 2 to 4 cycles per second.

Will the new volcano erupt?
“Definitely,” Lough said. “In fact, because the radar shows a mountain beneath the ice, I think it has erupted in the past, before the rumblings we recorded.”
Will the eruptions punch through a kilometer or more of ice above it?
The scientists calculated that an enormous eruption, one that released 1,000 times more energy than the typical eruption, would be necessary to breach the ice above the volcano.
On the other hand, a subglacial eruption and the accompanying heat flow will melt a lot of ice. “The volcano will create millions of gallons of water beneath the ice — many lakes full,” Wiens said.
This water will rush beneath the ice toward the sea and feed into the hydrological catchment of the MacAyeal Ice Stream, one of several major ice streams draining ice from Marie Byrd Land into the Ross Ice Shelf.
By lubricating the bedrock, it will speed the flow of the overlying ice, perhaps increasing the rate of ice-mass loss in West Antarctica.""

Update: Volcano discovered smoldering under a kilometer of ice in West Antarctica - Technology Org

I thought we were ignoring any logical or scientifically based explanations about global and regional temperature changes and are just supposed to respond, "global warming". Didn't you get the memo? I blamed by score of 86 at the golf course last weekend on global warming- it is the only plausible explanation.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I thought we were ignoring any logical or scientifically based explanations about global and regional temperature changes and are just supposed to respond, "global warming". Didn't you get the memo? I blamed by score of 86 at the golf course last weekend on global warming- it is the only plausible explanation.
Extra humidity in the air. I've used that one before.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There is no hope for Florida, as the ground is porous and a sea wall won't work.

According to fossils, Both Florida and Central Texas were under water, before the ice age.

Like we can control global warming, we can control volcanic activity.

But we cannot control the rise of the oceans to the levels before the ice age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies