Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 10:36 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You see, I did provide you evidence that is contrary to your position. You said that conservatives never compromise. I showed several examples where they did. Thus, I've already proven your statement wrong. Yet, you've come back and said again and again that your statement was fact and not opinion. My ability to disprove your statement proves it was opinion. I rarely use absolutes because of this very problem you're having right now. So easy to show an absolute is not true.
But they really didn't compromise any more than democrats did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 10:39 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
That is exactly why our country is doomed. You are not right, I am not right, but for the good of our country we need to meet in the middle. You obviously would never agree to that. That is truly sad because your attitude will destroy us
When is compromising with a bad idea anything less then a bad idea?

My attitude will not destroy us, your will destroy us"nothing is right, nothing thing is wrong, nothing is good nothing is evil, success and failure are just a matter of opinion and not results, an open border is not a bad thing but a secure one is a bad one" and countless other moronic views created by moral relativism.

Their is right and wrong, success and failure, liberty and tyranny, freedom and enslavement, and good and evil. Just because you refuse to expect this fact does not mean it does not exist...

Old 05-15-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
When is compromising with a bad idea anything less then a bad idea?

My attitude will not destroy us, your will destroy us"nothing is right, nothing thing is wrong, nothing is good nothing is evil, success and failure are just a matter of opinion and not results, an open border is not a bad thing but a secure one is a bad one" and countless other moronic views created by moral relativism.

Their is right and wrong, success and failure, liberty and tyranny, freedom and enslavement, and good and evil. Just because you refuse to expect this fact does not mean it does not exist...

You can feel passionate about your ideologies all you want but it doesn't mean you are right. Others have their own opinions which may not agree with yours, but so what. Aren't we all free to believe what we want without others telling us we are wrong

Old 05-15-2014, 10:48 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
But they really didn't compromise any more than democrats did.
I'll admit, I'm being a bit tough on you. I tend to be a person who is quite exact when I say something. Right now, I see issues on both sides of the aisle. Compromise ultimately means neither sides gets exactly what they want. In this day and age, this can hurt politicians when they run for reelection - both Democrats and Republicans. This fuels my desire to see private funding removed entirely from elections but that's a topic for another thread.

With Obama, the Democrats were riding a wave of popularity and used that to their advantage to hold firm on their positions, offering little to no concessions to the Republicans (the infamous 'we won' comment). Now that the Democrats' popularity has waned, there remains some stalwarts who continue to be unforgiving in their unwillingness to listen to the other side (e.g. Reid, Cruz). I suspect immigration reform will be done in a bi-partisan way as long as certain people are not too stubborn. This would be a 180 degree difference to the way Obamacare was pushed through by the Democrats. On huge changes that will make an enormous impact on the entire nation, I think any bill that passes without bi-partisan support is a bad idea.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
I'll admit, I'm being a bit tough on you. I tend to be a person who is quite exact when I say something. Right now, I see issues on both sides of the aisle. Compromise ultimately means neither sides gets exactly what they want. In this day and age, this can hurt politicians when they run for reelection - both Democrats and Republicans. This fuels my desire to see private funding removed entirely from elections but that's a topic for another thread.

With Obama, the Democrats were riding a wave of popularity and used that to their advantage to hold firm on their positions, offering little to no concessions to the Republicans (the infamous 'we won' comment). Now that the Democrats' popularity has waned, there remains some stalwarts who continue to be unforgiving in their unwillingness to listen to the other side (e.g. Reid, Cruz). I suspect immigration reform will be done in a bi-partisan way as long as certain people are not too stubborn. This would be a 180 degree difference to the way Obamacare was pushed through by the Democrats. On huge changes that will make an enormous impact on the entire nation, I think any bill that passes without bi-partisan support is a bad idea.
I have to say I agree with republicans on immigration. But compromise has always been the way with past congress and senates

Old 05-15-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
[/b]

You can feel passionate about your ideologies all you want but it doesn't mean you are right. Others have their own opinions which may not agree with yours, but so what. Aren't we all free to believe what we want without others telling us we are wrong
My ideology does not open our border and nation to all people of the world without a strict system to limit immigration so it benefits this nation, not flooding it with the dregs of the 3rd world.

My ideology does not punish success, but fosters it and rewards it.

My ideology wants the rule of law to be enforcement blind of skin color.

My ideology want to allow choice in education.

My ideology defends the right to self defense.

My ideology wants to end waste and fraud in government.

No you are not free to believe what you want without us telling you you are wrong, why?

Because it cost us our tax dollars when you wrong.

Because it cost us our choices when you wrong.

Because it cost us our liberties and freedoms when you are wrong.

Because it cost us our lives or the lives our friends and family when you are wrong.

Because it cost us our national sovereignty when you are wrong.

Because is cost us our Cultural and its security when you are wrong.

Because it cost us our future and its vast potential when you wrong...

That is why, we have tried it your way for the last 100 years, it has not worked, and cost us trillions in wealth, countless lives in both wars and domestically.....

You want to do it your way? Fine, YOU PAY FOR IT AND SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES WHEN IT BLOWS UP IN YOUR FACE!

Old 05-15-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:

It is has any path to citizenship, it will fail, as it should, first we build a fence, then we take about everything else.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I've known people who may have more of a liberal leaning toward social issues but vote Republican because of their wallet. Therefore, not so much a conservative but voting Republican.
Maybe they understand that you can't help others if you are not financially healthy yourself. Liberals on the other hand think money grows on trees and want to help as long as it's with other peoples money.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:19 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
There has never been gridlock like what we have now before the obama presidency
Sometimes gridlock is a good thing. We had the opposite of gridlock from 2000-2006 (total GOP control) and from 2008-2010 (total D control). In both periods, spending skyrocketed, as did the deficits left for our children and grandchildren to pay. Since 2011, federal spending has actually gone done--a near miracle.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:20 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
It is has any path to citizenship, it will fail, as it should, first we build a fence, then we take about everything else.
I waver on that due to a practicality reason. I actually liked Newt Gingrich's idea on immigration reform. I recognize that many Republicans disagree with me on this stance but I am, at my core, a pragmatist. Thus, my rationale for my position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies