Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2014, 10:35 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times

Advertisements

What Is The Difference Between Republican and Conservative?

A conservative is someone who thinks that society is better off if government remains small and limited, having little to do with people's everyday affairs.

A Republican is someone who joined the Republican party. This includes a lot of liberals who left the Democrat party as it moved farther and farther left, and joined the Republican party instead, which was moving only moderately left.

The Republican party used to be majority-conservative. Now they are maybe 20%, and have less and less to do with conservatism every year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 10:36 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I am talking about conservatives in general not each specific conservative.
TRANSLATION: I can't find a single conservative who actually matches the constant insults and smears I have been spewing, or even comes close. But I keep doing it anyway.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:40 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
This post proves my point. conservatives hate. It is who they are and what they do.
Wow, you are on the defense, The list below uses your words and we have questions but you refuse to answer them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Moocher, Takers:
What do you prefer people think of others who live off the tax payer? Especially when they make no attempt to get off the dole?

Breeders:
What do you prefer people that have kids they can't afford and expect the tax payer to pay for them? Do you actually think people want to go to work, bust their butts all day, be away from their family to support people like this?

Immoral:
Do you think having kids you can't afford is moral?

Add Self Centered:
To bring kids into this world without being able to support them, bringing them into to poverty is self centered. No concern for the children and it's not right.

Easy, or Naive:
For any woman to think they will change any man who fathered kids to multiple woman is called dumb and easy. I would think their history would make woman run the other way. Those men should be a pariah.

This is not to attack. It is because people can't understand why you don't see the obvious, then again, when you're self centered you wouldn't, that's the definition, think about yourself with no concern for others.

Last edited by petch751; 05-16-2014 at 10:49 AM..

Old 05-16-2014, 10:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Yep, there it is again, this is who conservatives are and who they prove themselves to be everyday all day.

They hate millions of their fellow Americans and view them as part of an out group, the 47%, poor people muslims, inner city black people, single moms, gay people, etc and so on.

How is asking one to actually be responsible for there actions and use a some accountability without having others pay for their mistakes hateful? In fact, forcing others to pay for the mistakes of another individual is hateful, and quite greedy actually! Then again, you seem to think that life is consequence free, and who cares, someone will pay for it if I f*** up!!!

Old 05-16-2014, 10:42 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Wow, you are on the defense, could it be that is how you view people? Yet didn't answer the questions.
Your questions are irrelevant.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:

Wow, you're just too predictable. You don't like the truth, so act like a child with his fingers in his ears screaming LALALALALA!!!

Old 05-16-2014, 10:44 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
So are you saying ... just pay the bill and shut up?

no1brownsfan said it perfectly (below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
How is asking one to actually be responsible for there actions and use a some accountability without having others pay for their mistakes hateful?

In fact, forcing others to pay for the mistakes of another individual is hateful, and quite greedy actually! Then again, you seem to think that life is consequence free, and who cares, someone will pay for it if I f*** up!!!

How dare anyone get robbed by the government and not smile while they are being robbed.

Iamme thinks you are hateful because you don't like being robbed.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
How is asking one to actually be responsible for there actions and use a some accountability without having others pay for their mistakes hateful? In fact, forcing others to pay for the mistakes of another individual is hateful, and quite greedy actually! Then again, you seem to think that life is consequence free, and who cares, someone will pay for it if I f*** up!!!
This is the huge conservative lie of course that number "they are paying for others mistakes". Instead of what is actually occurring which each citizen gets helped by the government and each citizen deserves to have their interests represented by their government.

But when you believe as conservatives do that some people are apart of out groups who aren't apart of REAL America and who they characterize as lazy, immoral, criminal, moochers, takers.

In the mind of conservative these citizens don't deserve to have their interests served by their government as their interests are served by the government.

In fact conservatives get very self righteous about those out groups taking their money and blah, blah, blah

Ignoring all that the government does for everyone and ignoring that most of those people work and have family members that worked so its their money too.

Again conservatives hate, they are exclusionary, government for some Americans but not for those in the out groups whom they hate and think are lazy, irresponsible, immoral, criminal, etc that's a hell of a thing to believe about millions of your fellow citizens, but conservatives do.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
So are you saying ... just pay the bill and shut up?

no1brownsfan said it perfectly (below)

How dare anyone get robbed by the government and not smile while they are being robbed.

Iamme thinks you are hateful because you don't like being robbed.
I am saying you aren't the American people. So your questions are irrelevant.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:51 AM

66 posts, read 52,763 times
Quote:
I accuse conservatives in general, not screen names. And conservatism as a political ideology is at it core about exclusion and that manifests itself in the need for conservative to have out groups they that both hate and fear.

I stand by that. I think it without a doubt accurate and explains much of what conservatives do and say in the area of public policy.

How on the one hand they complain about big government, but on the other hand the most popular government programs with conservatives are the largest and costliest with the most government employees and the most government control.

Big government in America is Social Security, Medicare and all military spending and yet conservatives love all three programs.

Instead what conservatives mostly complain about when talking about big government are a handful of some of the smallest least expensive, least controlled by the federal government programs that benefit certain groups of Americans.

When one understands that for conservatives exclusion is the core of that ideology, and hatred of out groups is manifestation of that core belief, then it is easy to reconcile the passion with which they attack the smallest government program and generally liking and supporting the largest ones based on who those programs help in the minds of conservatives.

Those big government programs help people that conservative identify with and those smaller programs in the minds of conservatives help out groups people they hate.
You are confusing yourself.

Conservatives don't want Social Security, the GOP and the Democrat Party do, liberals so, moderates might, but Conservatives don't.

Conservatism is, at its core, an ideology of self-reliance, self-determination and freedom from oppression for all sources. It is a bout the individual and individual empowerment.

Hopefully, you can get it right in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies