Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 09:41 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Are you saying, blacks have no morals without religion?.. I believe black people are moral people as well .. many know right from wrong and know homosexual acts are deviant behavior.
How the hell did you manage to infer that from what I wrote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
[youtube]
=n-yrI6WSGp8[youtube]

It's not the same as being black! It's a choice!!

The media act like ex-homosexuals are like Santa Claus! Like they don't exist!! The media can find people who went to high school with Mitt Romney!!! They can find tax records and grades of people they don't like!!!

You mean to tell me they cant find people like this man!!????

Their thousands of people like him ....who made a choice!!!

It's a behavior!! But like any sexual addiction it is a stronghold! It's hard but not impossible!

This kills the gay narrative or "I'm born this way"............
I don't believe it for a second. It will be no time at all before he's caught in a gay bar. All he's done is deny his true nature.
He dated his wife for 7 months and wouldn't even kiss her. What does that tell you?

Old 05-17-2014, 10:19 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's scary because we have alleged Christians who can't point out exactly WHERE in the Bible Jesus addresses the issue of homosexuality yet they'll tell us he did.

Can you?
Correct. Actually, Jesus indicates nothing about homosexuality. Apostle Paul (the fourth century Jimmy Swaggart never knew Jesus)

Actually, it was conservatives who butchered the Bible to condemn gays. It didn't do so for most of its history. Show where in Hebrew or Greek gays are condemned. Jesus himself didn't even say a word about it. Considering it's the most obsessed about topic in all of modern Christianity, you would think he would have had a lot to say about it. But nope, nothing. Instead, he attacked numerous sins that Christians themselves embrace and commit daily without them giving a single thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
So, Lev 20:13 is clear on homosexuality? No, actually, it isn't since it was written in Hebrew not English, and applied exclusively to the Levite priesthood. It's also directly in the context of pagan prostitution rituals in the Canaanite temples. So, if one is a Levite priest it may apply, also follow all 613 Mitzvah?

The ORIGINAL LEVITICUS documents of the biblical texts that are today used by the uninformed to deny a spiritual connection to God for homosexuals were not written to address either homosexuals or homosexuality. These documents are actually referring to a prohibition against imitating non-Israelite, foreign CULTIC sexual substitution fertility rituals, and do not condemn anyone who does not use substitutional and/or incestuous sex as a method of gaining Divine favor.

In fact, the text ofthe Book of Leviticus was originally written as an instruction manual specifically for the priestly tribe, and referred to PRIESTLY prohibitions only. The original name of the Book of Leviticus (which name comes from the Greek Septuagint) was in Hebrew "ספר תורת הכהנים SEFER TORAT HAKOHANIM" (The Instructions of the Priestly Officiants).

Matthew 7 indicates how you judge others is how God will judge you. If you insist on judging with the Bible or Torah verbatim, void of understanding correct translation, you will be held accountable to it. Seeing a large percentage of Christians prefer to interpret the bible the way they prefer, they will be in trouble.

Leviticus - Bible Abuse Directed at Homosexuals

Old 05-17-2014, 10:23 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Correct. Actually, Jesus indicates nothing about homosexuality. Apostle Paul (the fourth century Jimmy Swaggart never knew Jesus)

Actually, it was conservatives who butchered the Bible to condemn gays. It didn't do so for most of its history. Show where in Hebrew or Greek gays are condemned. Jesus himself didn't even say a word about it. Considering it's the most obsessed about topic in all of modern Christianity, you would think he would have had a lot to say about it. But nope, nothing. Instead, he attacked numerous sins that Christians themselves embrace and commit daily without them giving a single thought.

So, Lev 20:13 is clear on homosexuality? No, actually, it isn't since it was written in Hebrew not English, and applied exclusively to the Levite priesthood. It's also directly in the context of pagan prostitution rituals in the Canaanite temples. So, if one is a Levite priest it may apply, also follow all 613 Mitzvah?

The ORIGINAL LEVITICUS documents of the biblical texts that are today used by the uninformed to deny a spiritual connection to God for homosexuals were not written to address either homosexuals or homosexuality. These documents are actually referring to a prohibition against imitating non-Israelite, foreign CULTIC sexual substitution fertility rituals, and do not condemn anyone who does not use substitutional and/or incestuous sex as a method of gaining Divine favor.

In fact, the text ofthe Book of Leviticus was originally written as an instruction manual specifically for the priestly tribe, and referred to PRIESTLY prohibitions only. The original name of the Book of Leviticus (which name comes from the Greek Septuagint) was in Hebrew "ספר תורת הכהנים SEFER TORAT HAKOHANIM" (The Instructions of the Priestly Officiants).

Matthew 7 indicates how you judge others is how God will judge you. If you insist on judging with the Bible or Torah verbatim, void of understanding correct translation, you will be held accountable to it. Seeing a large percentage of Christians prefer to interpret the bible the way they prefer, they will be in trouble.

Leviticus - Bible Abuse Directed at Homosexuals
I do not disagree....

That is why I referred to the post as "a few translations".

Old 05-17-2014, 10:37 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Probably because the other stuff is illegal, uncommon, not being shoved down our throats, etc.
Nobody is "shoving" anything down your throat. It is you who choose to be obsessed with gay marriage, you can easily ignore it, it doesn't apply to you. You can focus on more important matters. However, to those who are obsessed, they can't focus on anything else, many have trouble sleeping at night they are so obsessed. The problem is with the "obsession" of SSM. It's time to get over it, if you need professional help, then seek it. Regardless, SSM is here to stay.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momonkey

Probably because the other stuff is illegal,
uncommon, not being shoved down our throats, etc.
Close your mouth. Problem solved.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:50 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
You know it's funny to me how much of a pass the black community as a whole get a pass. Reality is, most traditional black Americans are very conservative, but they vote democratic. Is that why?

Black people, in general do not tolerate, understand, nor try to understand homosexuality. If your gay, keep it away, is there position and they are not shy about voicing that.

They still believe in ole fashioned butt whippins on their kids. Ever seen a black mamma chasing her little smart asss down the block with a broom stick?

They are religious

They do not like immigrants and will voice their opinion openly about immigrants moving in and taking away their perceived opportunities.

And I'm fine with all that. The hypocrisy is in that if any white people show any of the above, they have their jobs taken, will likely be plastered on the six oclock news and so on.

America has lot its ability to reason and have opposing viewpoints. And no matter which way you believe on issues, that is very sad in my opinion. When someone has their career taken cause they don't agree with Gay marriage, that is just wrong.
My countless black, heterosexual friends disagree with you.

I love how racist white conservatives love to think for a second that they know the minds of minorities.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:14 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Gee, a video from XtremeFaithTV couldn't possibly have a bias, an agenda, or an axe to grind, eh?

Almost as shocking as a Ford video telling us Ford's are great cars.

Almost......................................but not quite.

Gee.........yeah......a video.....

Old 05-17-2014, 03:36 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
True, true.

But I must admit, I have far more contempt for black pastors than religious leaders of other races. The just....irk me to no end. I can barely stand the sight of them.

But yeah, they're really no different on this issue than most any other pastors.
Hopefully more blacks will study our history and realize christianity was forced on our ancestors through slavery!

Old 05-17-2014, 04:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Hopefully more blacks will study our history and realize christianity was forced on our ancestors through slavery!
Don't I wish!

Unfortunately, our people are totally.brainwashed with that pie in the sky.foolishness...complete with these Bozo the clown pulpit pimps as part of the bargain.

Breaks my heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies