Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If it were scientifically proven that homosexuality is not a choice, would you still support gay mar
Yes 113 81.29%
No 26 18.71%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 06:35 PM

938 posts, read 1,514,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I don't support gay marriage... but then again, I don't support ANY marriage that is state-administered/mandated
I agree that the government should get its grubby hands out of the marriage business. However, government-sanctioned marriage isn't going anywhere. Are you really going to deny a group of people benefits for an arbitrary reason, just because you don't believe in said benefits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You know, now that you mention it, I have always hated that guy. He's just an annoying showboat.
I know you're being funny, but can you decide to like cilantro if you've hated it all your life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 06:51 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
Who pays more in taxes when irresponsible gay people go through STDs like candy?

Straight people.
I don't think you know what an STD is.....or you seem to think straight people don't get STDs as well.....

Old 05-20-2014, 07:06 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times
Whenever religious people say that they'll support gay marriage if it can be scientifically proven, they look like complete morons. They are basically saying that they'll endorse scientific discovery over biblical scripture. HOWEVER, with all the overwhelming scientific evidence of climate change, for some reason, they REFUSE to believe that.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:11 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
I agree that the government should get its grubby hands out of the marriage business. However, government-sanctioned marriage isn't going anywhere. Are you really going to deny a group of people benefits for an arbitrary reason, just because you don't believe in said benefits?
Well, to answer the question, no. I don't want to deny anyone anything (and that is coming from a person who personally has the "yuck" factor that was discussed earlier). See there, libs, I don't want to deny you anything.

I'm still a firm believer, though, that those "benefits" you are talking about should be granted (at least as far as the state is concerned) with no emotional, religious, or frivolous overtones... and without the cha-ching of the cash register. A simple legal form that is filled out by two people, signed and notarized. But, alas, you're right. It won't happen. People can't see it for what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
I know you're being funny, but can you decide to like cilantro if you've hated it all your life?
Ha... well contrary to the joke, I actually like cilantro. So there is a strong attraction there that, I'll admit, is not likely to change. Something about those little green leaves. And that taste. Mmmmh. And the subtle aroma. That smell. Mmmmmm. Aww god...

Excuse me, I need to take a cold shower.

Last edited by ChrisC; 05-20-2014 at 07:19 PM..

Old 05-21-2014, 12:50 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,487,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't think you know what an STD is.....or you seem to think straight people don't get STDs as well.....
I think you need to visit the CDC's website.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:09 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
Yes, of course.

After all, they are consenting adults, and it is their own bodies and their own lives.

Also, for the record, I do think that everyone will eventually be able to get their sexuality changed if they genuinely want to do this.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:12 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
Why, does it suggest Straight People do not get STDs as well?

Old 05-21-2014, 01:20 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
So.

You approve of lesbians being married then?

Old 05-21-2014, 06:22 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
So.

You approve of lesbians being married then?
They forgot about LESBIANS! Mansex is what's on their mind. Hot sweaty man-on man action. Always.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Why? Will it tell me straight people don't get STDs or does it sell STD candy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies