Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 05:40 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
thanks. i suppose there aren't as many in the lots now.
now that the taxpayer rescued the bankers.
minor correction, that was the government using your tax dollars that bailed out big money sources favorable to the administartion.

Like the AIG upside down logic condeming the guys who were given bonuses by private business.

Like solyndra getting taxpayer dollars.

The problem is not the industry, it is the government that bears the burden of spending your tax dollars.
This administration uses strawdogs, divide and conquer, to fan the flames to heat the cauldron of their poisonous political agenda.

The GM bailout where law was set aside and the shareholders were scalped and the unions got the cash.
Not a peep out of the media or taxpayers.

Obama will be giving cars away with the free cell phones....they are desperate to come out ahead in 2014 and 2016. Don't be surprised if he doesn't offer to part the waters and cure cancer....for which he will be awarded another nobel peace prize and a recalled cadilac.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:19 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I didn't see that all the photos were older or that this still was not a current situation. Are there current photos of these lots? The time stamps appear to be from google maps, which can use much older photos. The article appears to be using google map information.

There really isn't enough information here to assume much. Certainly not enough context.
And there's nothing in those photos that ARE current to indicate that cars are "stacking up unsold" either. Cars come into such places, they are pulled out and sold and OTHER cars are rotated in to REPLACE THEM.
The whole idea that unsold cars are just stacking up is simply not true. It WAS true in 2009, it's NOT true TODAY.
The article is a lie - plain and simple - directed at people too stupid and too ignorant to know any better.

Ken

Old 05-18-2014, 08:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
New vehicles are way too overpriced. Lower the prices.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:39 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
It's not happening ANYWHERE anymore. Those photos are from 2009.
The article is a lie.

Ken
Righhhhht... like the economy has improved SO much since then. Most people I know have a hard time affording a used car, let alone a brand new one. Especially when you consider all the extra expenses that go along with it. I foresee a day when driving will be a privilege for the rich.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:08 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
minor correction, that was the government using your tax dollars that bailed out big money sources favorable to the administartion.

Like the AIG upside down logic condeming the guys who were given bonuses by private business.

Like solyndra getting taxpayer dollars.

The problem is not the industry, it is the government that bears the burden of spending your tax dollars.
This administration uses strawdogs, divide and conquer, to fan the flames to heat the cauldron of their poisonous political agenda.

The GM bailout where law was set aside and the shareholders were scalped and the unions got the cash.
Not a peep out of the media or taxpayers.

Obama will be giving cars away with the free cell phones....they are desperate to come out ahead in 2014 and 2016. Don't be surprised if he doesn't offer to part the waters and cure cancer....for which he will be awarded another nobel peace prize and a recalled cadilac.
I really love how Obama haters oversimplify everything with their blanket assertions and no facts. Had the auto bailout not happened, you would be complaining about all the people and businesses associated with the car industry who lost their jobs being on welfare.

https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/

Dear Taxpayer: Your Auto Bailout Loan Is Repaid, With Interest | Final Inspection

Old 05-18-2014, 10:40 AM

33 posts, read 29,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I really love how Obama haters oversimplify everything with their blanket assertions and no facts. Had the auto bailout not happened, you would be complaining about all the people and businesses associated with the car industry who lost their jobs being on welfare.

https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/

Dear Taxpayer: Your Auto Bailout Loan Is Repaid, With Interest | Final Inspection

FYI
Bush bailed out the automakers

Repbliclowns think is was Obama

Obama worshippers think it was him

Old 05-18-2014, 10:51 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Righhhhht... like the economy has improved SO much since then. Most people I know have a hard time affording a used car, let alone a brand new one. Especially when you consider all the extra expenses that go along with it. I foresee a day when driving will be a privilege for the rich.
You are exactly correct. Last year, my engine blew out, and to make a long story short, it was actually cheaper for me to get a new engine. People kept saying, "just get a new car". Why? Why the hell would I do that to myself? Have you seen the prices for new cars lately? Hell no. And it's not just the car price, your registration and insurance go up, as well.

So then people said, "just buy another used car". Why? Why the hell would I do that to myself? For LESS than the price of a used car that's not a piece of s.... that's going to break down on me in six months, I got an engine with 25k on it, installed, and all necessary other parts. And I KNOW my car and my car's history. I'm the 2nd owner. The first owner didn't have it that long. I got that car when it was 2 years old, it's now 10 years old. I know exactly where that car has been, what has been done to it, and what is brand new.

People still live in their world where they just go out and buy new and add it to their debt. Eventually, people are going to wake up and realize, they can't do that anymore.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:04 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,084,935 times
I worked in the automotive industry for 21 years.

We got hot & heavy with the "Just in Time" approach in the 1980's......our work schedule changed weekly.

When inventory reached a certain level, we had to stop making vehicles.

Bogus story, as JIT is even more intense today.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:07 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
But go to Google Maps per the article for Sheerness, UK and there they are - more cars than you'd ever think you'd see in one place. Granted that image is probably not current, but I wouldn't think 4 or 5 years old either.

What an incredible story.
That article is garbage. It is trying to manufacture controversy that doesn't deserve to exist.

Sheerness is a port. Right by the ocean. Ships dock there to load/unload cars for shipment to dealers.

If you use Google Earth, you can see historical satellite views of Sheerness. That lot is always full of cars.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:24 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Stupid Dodge Durangos, I think the only people who buy those are at least 200lbs over weight, the one's I see anyway.

I mean seriously, what kind of a moron buys an SUV that gets under 18 mpg to just drive around? You may as well wear a T-shirt that says "I'm with stupid and I live alone"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies