Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2014, 02:08 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,198,297 times

Advertisements

I sympathize with the worker. But the remedy is not in a higher wage. The remedy is greater buying power for the wage already earned.

The question not asked : WHAT is reducing the buying power of wages?
[] Government - as in government induced inflation, devaluation of the money, taxation, interest, overhead and innumerable fees and bureaucracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 02:11 PM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Buddy, wake up. There are thousands of people in this country with much more than "free night classes" who can't find jobs in their field. This 2014 and not 1965
I had a degree in biology and couldn't find a job so I went back to school (while working FF) and got a degree in Business.

It sounds like some people truly do need to wake up. We just laid off 700 people in my office 2 months ago. Already more than half of them have found comparable work. They were guaranteed work for 6 months and the building is already half empty from those that left early.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:13 PM

1,070 posts, read 739,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I had a degree in biology and couldn't find a job so I went back to school (while working FF) and got a degree in Business.
Do you think you could do it to day, while making $7.75/hr @ 30 hours a week?
Do you think your degree in business would guarantee you a job in 2014?

Sorry, buddy. It's not 1965 anymore.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:15 PM

155 posts, read 89,630 times
Quote:
Can you support that claim with any data? I didn't think so, so why even make it?

Again, my point was that everybody enjoys subsidized pricing but everyone wants "the market" to set the wages. It doesn't work this way...
You're attempting to establish some linkage between two utterly unrelated things.

I also advocate that there NOT be subsidies, I am consistent. If my taxes are taken to pay for subsidies, against my will, I have to accept it, I have no choice, no control, so everything you say about it is just plain obfuscation. I can't go to the store and chose between subsidized milk and non-subsidized milk. Your "point" is asinine drivel, at BEST.

You have just placed your third "point" in the Epic Fail column. Please, continue. Might as well go for broke.

Or, alternately, you might try proffering some "substance" (if you have any). I am all ears.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:15 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
No? Are you going to do it yourself then?
Well, anyone here can prepare their own food at a FF level or much better. Anyone can do a FF job. How many FF workers can do my job?

Old 05-22-2014, 02:19 PM

1,070 posts, read 739,573 times
Based on your comments I suspect fairly intelligent chimpanzee could do it but I may be wrong. Anyways, not everybody can and wants to make their own food, that's why people come to ff places. Don't put ff workers down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Well, anyone here can prepare their own food at a FF level or much better. Anyone can do a FF job. How many FF workers can do my job?

Old 05-22-2014, 02:20 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,637 times
Quote:
Do you even understand absurdity of your question when nobody knows what you do for a living?

And, not everybody can make their own food, that's why people come to ff places.
Who can't make their own food?

Old 05-22-2014, 02:21 PM

155 posts, read 89,630 times
Quote:
Do you even understand absurdity of your question when nobody knows what you do for a living?

And, not everybody can make their own food, that's why people come to ff places.
Your use of the word absurdity, in light of the "content" of your posts, is the pinnacle of absurdity itself.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Do you think you could do it to day, while making $7.75/hr @ 30 hours a week?
Do you think your degree in business would guarantee you a job in 2014?

Sorry, buddy. It's not 1965 anymore.
Why, yes, yes I could.

I wasn't working in the 60s so I wouldn't know conditions but I know I could make it now no problem. First assumption is 30 hours.

You keep adding roommates until you can "make it". My neighbor got laid off and had to rent out 3 rooms in his house but he managed to keep it.

Wow, the lists of excuses on this thread are endless.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Who can't make their own food?
Exactly, I had planter boxes on my tiny apt balcony that was a studio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies