Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 11:53 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
What do you produce???
Im an owner of a business in media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 11:54 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Im an owner of a business in media.
OK....what do you produce??

News??

Old 05-23-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conshelf View Post
What a crock. The Waltons play by the rules set up by government. They pay the federally-stipulated minimum wage. They are obligated to do no more. One of the evils of a minimum wage is that it creates a sort of wage-rut that employers can dump people in, and use as an excuse not to pay more.
Because the finance rules have changed to benefit corporations and there investors. This is one reason why you see low wages, because today unlike a decades ago, corporations are more at the mercy of investors and stockholders today to make max profits. So walmart is an example of this. Cut benefits and wages to employees to make max profits, then turn around and pay there CEO more then all there employees combined. Its legal, but is it right? You will never convince someone leaning on the right that this is moralely wrong, because so much of there morality comes with the ideal of if your rich its because your moralely superior.

Continued next post

Old 05-23-2014, 12:08 PM

Continued from my last post

Wallmart is the biggest corporate welfare crook in modern history. Everyone knows it..

Old 05-23-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
OK....what do you produce??

News??
News and other print material. Do i pass the morale standard of acceptance. I also employ hundreds of people.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Because the finance rules have changed to benefit corporations and there investors. This is one reason why you see low wages, because today unlike a decades ago, corporations are more at the mercy of investors and stockholders today to make max profits. So walmart is an example of this. Cut benefits and wages to employees to make max profits, then turn around and pay there CEO more then all there employees combined. Its legal, but is it right? You will never convince someone leaning on the right that this is moralely wrong, because so much of there morality comes with the ideal of if your rich its because your moralely superior.

Continued next post
Of course, they want to make a profit.....why else invest??

Does your business make a profit???

Old 05-23-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
News and other print material.
Hands on....or, are you the CEO???

Old 05-23-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Hands on....or, are you the CEO???
Lol im a co owner but im one who is unloading trucks, setting up print runs and getting dirty along side my employees, plus i write too.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Lol im a co owner but im one who is unloading trucks, setting up print runs and getting dirty along side my employees, plus i write too.
I hear that....I am mud head to toe right now....

Old 05-23-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Of course, they want to make a profit.....why else invest??

Does your business make a profit???
Nothing wrong with profit, but the attitude towards profit has changed. In the past, employers felt they had a responsibility to there employees and communities. Today its profits, profits etc. Havent you noticed that attitude is being brought out in customer service anymore? It used to be the customer is always right and we value your service, now it appears we the customer are here to serve them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies