Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 06:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So, my children talked me into getting McDonalds for dinner tonight, which rarely happens. Let's take a look at my experience in light of the minimum wage argument.

First, the woman in the drive-thru, while obviously American born, had an incomplete grasp of the English language. Seriously, anyone who speaks Ebonics in public should be dropped on an island in the Arctic and left to fend for themselves.

Next, I ordered my wife's meal with a Coca-Cola. When they handed me the cup, the beverage in it was Sprite. I had to show them the receipt where it said Coke in order to get it fixed.

My daughters' happy meals were both handed to me without toys in them.

When I got home, I realized that the 6 piece happy meal only had 5 nuggets in it. Apparently basic counting skills aren't required anymore.

And these are the people who deserve $15 an hour? Quite frankly, from my experience this evening they don't even deserve a job. Maybe with their advanced math skills we can just tell them we're giving them a raise to $15. At least one individual at my local McDonalds apparently can't count high enough to tell the difference.
Just an hour ago I stopped at McD's on the way to see my mother. She likes their coffee so every time I go I stop and get her a cup. Every time I stop there is a long line both inside and out. As I stood there watching the walking dead employees behind the counter I thought, and these are the people who want $15 an hour? wow. The long lines are normal so I said something to the manager. He apologized and said he was doing the best he could but tonight he had 3, yep 3 call offs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Or the other thing we can do is change our value system to when big business was owned by people of our communities and had a belief in making profit but also believed in having a responsibility to the community and their employees vs money, money, money.
Tell that to the people the drove by the mom and pop store to go to Wal-Mart.

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Or the other thing we can do is change our value system to when big business was owned by people of our communities and had a belief in making profit but also believed in having a responsibility to the community and their employees vs money, money, money.
Big business has always operated by a board far, far from "your community".

Want to go back to local small and medium business ?
Then STARVE THE BEAST.

Remember it's your choice to give your money to these corporations.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:39 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conshelf View Post
NO, NO, NO, NO, a thousand times NO. There was a dis equal earning of money, because some perform, and others, ahem, don't.
Yup and it goes back to the faulty thinking that those who are rich or etc are morally superior because in order to be rich you have to be morale. Oh bruddah.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Big business has always operated by a board far, far from "your community".

Want to go back to local small and medium business ?
Then STARVE THE BEAST.

lol, instead they fed small business to the beast.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:40 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Yup and it goes back to the faulty thinking that those who are rich or etc are morally superior because in order to be rich you have to be morale. Oh bruddah.
Where was that posted???

Old 05-24-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
No one said that. Diversion alert!

Old 05-24-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

It reminds me of ... what was that group that gathered to protest wall street bankers? Wall street something. Anyway, They gathered in protest against wall street, yep they had their iPhones, iPads and all. Then went home to their big screen tv.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Just an hour ago I stopped at McD's on the way to see my mother. She likes their coffee so every time I go I stop and get her a cup. Every time I stop there is a long line both inside and out. As I stood there watching the walking dead employees behind the counter I thought, and these are the people who want $15 an hour? wow. The long lines are normal so I said something to the manager. He apologized and said he was doing the best he could but tonight he had 3, yep 3 call offs.
But bad custemer service is common this days no matter what income level. Have you ever tried convincing a banking manger of executive that they made an error in your checking account? I have a good horror story for you.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Where was that posted???
Originally Posted by Conshelf
NO, NO, NO, NO, a thousand times NO. There was a dis equal earning of money, because some perform, and others, ahem, don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies