Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 10:05 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conshelf View Post
OMG, you're finally got it.
My post: #564 Yup and it goes back to the faulty thinking that those who are rich or etc are morally superior because in order to be rich you have to be morale. Oh bruddah.

Your quotes: #586 *For the record, nobody is discussing morality, but, rather, the minimum wage. The only immoral thing that has been mentioned is the immoral redistribution, wherein people who didn't earn it, get it, and people who earned it, don't get to keep it.

#588 Don't you dare play any more of your "twist" games with my posts. Debate what I say, not what you want to twist my words into.

My post: Finding a middle ground solution will never happen because why negotiate when your morally correct. corporate welfare will never be reformed because its a moral issue. Poverty is a lack of character issue not economic.

Your quote: OMG, you're finally got it

Thus the whole anti raising of min wage is nothing more then a morale philosophical agruement? Pupule much bruddah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 10:24 PM

155 posts, read 89,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
My post: #564 Yup and it goes back to the faulty thinking that those who are rich or etc are morally superior because in order to be rich you have to be morale. Oh bruddah.

Your quotes: #586 *For the record, nobody is discussing morality, but, rather, the minimum wage. The only immoral thing that has been mentioned is the immoral redistribution, wherein people who didn't earn it, get it, and people who earned it, don't get to keep it.

#588 Don't you dare play any more of your "twist" games with my posts. Debate what I say, not what you want to twist my words into.

My post: Finding a middle ground solution will never happen because why negotiate when your morally correct. corporate welfare will never be reformed because its a moral issue. Poverty is a lack of character issue not economic.

Your quote: OMG, you're finally got it

Thus the whole anti raising of min wage is nothing more then a morale philosophical agruement? Pupule much bruddah?
Would you support a Federally mandated, and funded "minimum profit" law that guaranteed a businessman or woman a certain level of profitability?

Old 05-24-2014, 11:15 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
So for those against min wage hikes what is your solution to helping the poor? If your gonna reject min wage then at least come up with a better idea.
You'll never fix it by redistribution. That would tell everyone that they don't have to gain skills then all the kids would just be McD workers.

Downsize government and get them out of our pockets, let small businesses grow, close the borders. The natural forces of supply and demand will cause the market from a employers market to an employees market. While you are at it improve your skills. Don't sit around waiting for government to fix it because there are so many waiting with you and you'll wait along time.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Would you support a Federally mandated, and funded "minimum profit" law that guaranteed a businessman or woman a certain level of profitability?
lol good one. I can't wait to see how they answer. It should be interesting.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Lol yes we already have that, have you read the new farm bill or past subsidies bills? The current one is to cut 10+ billion in foodstamps in 10 years but subsidies agribusiness if they have bad crops or dont plant crops. The big benefactors in past was sugar industry owners.

If you think about it we subsidies big business profits everyday, from giving local tax money so walmart can build a store in a town to giving tax breaks to corporations in hope that it will create more jobs and keep prices down. The problem is it hasn't, it been used to pocket the profits and pay themselves over the top salaries.

Personally i believe its the small business that needs a min profit law or tax breaks intell certain profits. Im all for going back to the old tax code of taxing the rich or corporations high for the first few million etc

Old 05-24-2014, 11:34 PM

And the rest untaxed or really low taxed.

Different answer then you thought huh?

Also we subsidies banking, wallstreet, oil, car companies, etc etc

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 05-24-2014 at 11:56 PM..

Old 05-25-2014, 12:23 AM

155 posts, read 89,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Lol yes we already have that, have you read the new farm bill or past subsidies bills? The current one is to cut 10+ billion in foodstamps in 10 years but subsidies agribusiness if they have bad crops or dont plant crops. The big benefactors in past was sugar industry owners.

If you think about it we subsidies big business profits everyday, from giving local tax money so walmart can build a store in a town to giving tax breaks to corporations in hope that it will create more jobs and keep prices down. The problem is it hasn't, it been used to pocket the profits and pay themselves over the top salaries.

Personally i believe its the small business that needs a min profit law or tax breaks intell certain profits. Im all for going back to the old tax code of taxing the rich or corporations high for the first few million etc
You cited a few exceptional cases, but such cases don't make the point. Does your business have a federally mandated/funded minimum profit? I didn't think so.

Also, tax breaks and subsidies don't guarantee, or amount to, a profit guarantee.

Point taken (away from you and to my account).

Now to correct some "factual" errors. The tax code has always been progressive. Lower tax rates at lower incomes, and higher tax rates at higher incomes. It has never been the reverse.

The correct answer is:

There should be no federally mandated/funded minimum wage, or profit level.Competition, good, honest competition for wages and profits will benefit everyone except the slothful.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:34 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Nooooooo!!!!

I work hard at filing a loss!!!

I do not want to pay taxes!!!!

Old 05-25-2014, 08:06 AM

1,070 posts, read 739,800 times
We going back to XVIII where back braking labor was merely allowing to survive while the rich were spending real fortunes on fashionable clothing delivered from Paris. Just like a school teachers $40,000 salary is just a fraction of cost of a new Mercedes S550 today and 8 hours in a hot kitchen of a fast food restaurant at $15,000 a year is worth less than the restaurant owner spends on his vacations.

Industrial Age is over. Welcome to the new Dark Ages.

Quote:
Tha't why I said etc., perhaps I should have said Industrial Age and beyond.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
We going back to XVIII where back braking labor was merely allowing to survive while the rich were spending real fortunes on fashionable clothing delivered from Paris. Just like a school teachers $40,000 salary is just a fraction of cost of a new Mercedes S550 today and 8 hours in a hot kitchen of a fast food restaurant at $15,000 a year is worth less than the restaurant owner spends on his vacations.

Industrial Age is over. Welcome to the new Dark Ages.
No we're not. "Forward" as Obama says.

If business doesn't offer health insurance the Fed will fine them per employee.
If business doesn't offer a retirement contribution plan the state will fine them per employee.
(Secure Choice bills if you haven't been keeping up..passed in CA and IL and on the table in 12 other states).

Now the Fed wants $10.10 as min wage.

Now this is not going to hurt your Wallymart or Home Depot or Target companies is it ?
They already offer mediocre plans and can afford to set up payroll deduction for these Secure Choice plans to send peoples' paycheck money to the state Treasuries.

But your small local companies employing 25-30 people cannot afford this.
And franchises fall into this category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies