Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 06:27 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,578,369 times

Advertisements

Obama Admin. Released 36K Criminal Illegal Aliens in 2013 but will do nothing to help a U.S. Marine being held in Mexico isn't get any help.

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Demand Release of U.S.M.C. Sgt. Tahmooressi Suffering with PTSD from Mexico Imprisonment. I doubt Obama or the Obama administration will bother. He also needs more signatures for a response.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...nment/qslJk2Xd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 06:38 PM

25,286 posts, read 18,426,450 times
I heard about the Marine on the news the other day. Sad situation.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:46 PM

7,430 posts, read 5,686,023 times
You won't get a moonbat to touch this one..

Old 05-20-2014, 07:28 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,578,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
You won't get a moonbat to touch this one..
Yea I can see our resident ... supposedly have concern for other people .. talk the talk and won't walk the walk liberals won't touch it. They won't sign it. The only concern they have is themselves.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:59 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,772,660 times
Touch it? the lamebrain media won't even mention it.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:11 PM

46,762 posts, read 25,696,849 times
What the hell is it that makes ex-servicemembers incapable of staying out of Mexico with their bang-bangs - didn't we have another case like that just last year?

I'll let the US Embassy in Mexico explain:

Quote:
Foreign Laws
While in a foreign country, a U.S. citizen is subject to that country's laws and regulations which sometimes differ significantly from those in the United States and may not afford the protections available to the individual under U.S. law.

Persons violating Mexican laws, even unknowingly, may be expelled, arrested, or imprisoned.

If you break local laws in Mexico, your U.S. citizenship will not help you avoid arrest or prosecution. It is very important to know what is legal and what is illegal wherever you go. If arrested in Mexico, a U.S. citizen must go through the foreign legal process including possible charge or indictment, prosecution, possible conviction and sentencing, and any appeals process.
Guy made a bonehead move in non-bonehead-move friendly area, and that is regrettable. But seriously - what is the executive branch supposed to do beyond the basic Consular services like contact with lawyers and providing information to family? Does anyone here think for one second that a guy caught illegally transporting firearms into the US would be allowed to go with an "I made a wrong turn - we cool?" excuse? You'd think an ex-servicemeber could read a map.

"Arrested since 4/1/2014, since incarceration his life has been threatened; sustained a neck wound requiring hospitalization and chained in a 4-point restraint, 26+days." Nice touch with the "sustained a neck wound" - it was self-inflicted.

I am sorry for the guy. It sucks. But it was effin' stupid what he did.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:13 PM

46,762 posts, read 25,696,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Touch it? the lamebrain media won't even mention it.
You expect headlines every time an American gets picked up by Mexican police, in Mexico, for doing something dumb? I guess that would take care of filling the 24-hour newscycle.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:15 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,143,674 times
I like to support a VET and will when possible. In this case he entered another country with a firearm. You do so at your own risk. It is that simple.
Now as to the 36,000 illegals that Obama rewarded by freeing them. There is no excuse other than the man loves to pander to a specific voting group.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:35 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,410,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama Admin. Released 36K Criminal Illegal Aliens in 2013 but will do nothing to help a U.S. Marine being held in Mexico isn't get any help.

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Demand Release of U.S.M.C. Sgt. Tahmooressi Suffering with PTSD from Mexico Imprisonment. I doubt Obama or the Obama administration will bother. He also needs more signatures for a response.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...nment/qslJk2Xd
Personal responsibility. You can't just call up the president when you made a boo boo in another country.

Worst thread ever.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:43 PM

9,001 posts, read 10,133,931 times
Where's the outrage?
Where's the publicity?
Where's the so called patriotism that this country loves to brag on, especially at the 4th of July????

This guy is a Marine, takes a wrong turn & is now in trouble....
And, of course, he's on his own
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies