Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 06:02 PM

534 posts, read 900,906 times

Advertisements

Seems that more and business are refusing to allow open carry people to intimidate and frighten those that choose to live a gun free life! I applaud Chipotle for deciding to tell the gun "enthusiasts and second amendment" true believers to leave the guns at home. I guess the market place is starting to frown on those that believe today's society should be a Wild West gun smoke show.

Christin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The issue of gun ownership or gun rights has become one of the most contentious debates in the country. Chipotle has never taken a position on this issue, as we focus instead on our mission to change the way people think about and eat fast food.

Recently participants from an “open carry” demonstration in Texas brought guns (including military-style assault rifles) into one of our restaurants, causing many of our customers anxiety and discomfort. Because of this, we are respectfully asking that customers not bring guns into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.

Historically, we felt it enough to simply comply with local laws regarding the open or concealed carrying of firearms, because we believe that it is not fair to put our team members in the uncomfortable position of asking that customers refrain from bringing guns into our restaurants. However, because the display of firearms in our restaurants has now created an environment that is potentially intimidating or uncomfortable for many of our customers, we think it is time to make this request.

We acknowledge that there are strong arguments on both sides of this issue. We have seen those differing positions expressed in the wake of this event in Texas, where pro-gun customers have contacted us to applaud our support of the Second Amendment, and anti-gun customers have expressed concern over the visible display of military-style assault rifles in restaurants where families are eating. The vast majority of gun owners are responsible citizens and we appreciate them honoring this request. And we hope that our customers who oppose the carrying of guns in public agree with us that it is the role of elected officials and the legislative process to set policy in this area, not the role of businesses like Chipotle.

We always welcome the exchange of ideas and opinions: it is one of the many things that make our country such a special place. But this issue is not central to the operation of our business, and we do not feel that our restaurants should be used as a platform for either side of the debate.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Consultant
Chipotle Mexican Grill

Original Comment:
Please be aware that until you refuse to admit persons (excepting law enforcement) that bring weapons into a family restaurant, I will not purchase any of your products due to fears for my safety.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:06 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,201,636 times
Oh here we go again, christine!

I'm concealed carry, and could stand NEXT to you in a store and you would never have a clue...
Get over yourself, Quit already!

Old 05-19-2014, 06:12 PM

534 posts, read 900,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Oh here we go again, christine!

I'm concealed carry, and could stand NEXT to you in a store and you would never have a clue...
Get over yourself, Quit already!
Conceal carry all you want, have a great time. Just leave your assault weapons in the car or better yet at home.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:47 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,786,212 times
Quote:
Recently participants from an “open carry” demonstration in Texas brought guns (including military-style assault rifles) into one of our restaurants, causing many of our customers anxiety and discomfort. Because of this, we are respectfully asking that customers not bring guns into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.
Open carry of handguns in Texas is illegal, therefore the open carry has to be long guns, which is legal.
That is the reason for this open carry movement, to extend open carry rights to handguns in Texas.
When that happens, nobody will bother dragging a rifle around, but they might take off a jacket while wearing a pistol.

Let's see if Chipotle will do more than merely ask in this email.

Let's see if Chipotle tries to turn customers away.

In Texas, the only way to legally prohibit guns on premises is with a sign that meets the requirements of Sec. 30.06 regarding the size and color of the signs, where it is posted, reference to the statute, etc.

Until Chipotle posts 30.06 signs, open carry of those rifles is permitted and is not prohibited.

Time for *******s to put up or shut up. Watch them squirm.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:00 PM

Looks like the liberals can't seem to keep their stories straight.

Contact Corporate Chipotle Open Carry in Texas Restaurant#

Quote:
CHIPOTLE ALLOWING OPEN CARRY IN STORES:
Gun extremists were welcomed into a Dallas-area Chipotle this weekend to dine and pose for pictures while armed with assault weapons and semiautomatic handguns. When asked for a comment about this activity, a Chipotle customer service representative emailed, "We follow all local laws and plan to continue to do so."
Chipotle has refused to prohibit open carry inside its stores even though it has every right to do so as a private business.
Nice to know that Chipotle is pro-gun and welcomes gun-toting customers in Texas.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:15 PM

4,620 posts, read 12,235,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Looks like the liberals can't seem to keep their stories straight.

Contact Corporate Chipotle Open Carry in Texas Restaurant#

Nice to know that Chipotle is pro-gun and welcomes gun-toting customers in Texas.

Well, let's see? Should we believe a story from an extremely biased right wing source about a company, or a post directly from the company rep?
Well gee, I'm not sure who I should think is the idiot. Is it the person with the extreme bias, or the person that believes it?

Old 05-19-2014, 07:40 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,939,123 times
Quote:
That is the reason for this open carry movement, to extend open carry rights to handguns in Texas.
When that happens, nobody will bother dragging a rifle around, but they might take off a jacket while wearing a pistol.
Idiotic...

Quote:
Until Chipotle posts 30.06 signs, open carry of those rifles is permitted and is not prohibited.

Time for *******s to put up or shut up. Watch them squirm.
Apparently the squirming won't be on Chipotle's side. If anything open carry folks pushed the issue and it quite logically backfired. The simple fact is that more people don't carry and eat out, than people who do. Guess who wins in that tale of the cash register?

Old 05-19-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Well, let's see? Should we believe a story from an extremely biased right wing source about a company, or a post directly from the company rep?
Well gee, I'm not sure who I should think is the idiot. Is it the person with the extreme bias, or the person that believes it?
You think the Daily Kos is right wing?

Old 05-19-2014, 08:09 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,214,921 times
I like the phrase "a gun free life". That's what I choose to live.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:14 PM

4,620 posts, read 12,235,888 times
Quote:
You think the Daily Kos is right wing?

You may need to read what I wrote a few times. I certainly didn't say right wing now did I. Extreme left, or right are both still biased, and the real truth most likely resides somewhere in the middle. Do you believe biased media sources? Do you think Fox news really is journalism? If you can be honest with yourself you will understand what I wrote.

Edit: my mistake I did use the word right wing. I know kos is a biased group. Please subsitute left.

Last edited by MrWillys; 05-19-2014 at 08:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies