Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 08:38 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It's too bad that the word "libertarian" has had about twenty different definitions and philosophies bestowed upon it these days.

At one time I would have completely embraced the term libertarianism as reflecting my views for the most part. But not so much anymore.

I believe the individual should have the liberty to live his/her life as he/she sees fit as long as he/she is not negatively affecting the right of others to do the same. It needn't be any more complex than that.

From there, you can go a thousand different directions with a social/economic model. The key word is... voluntary, as opposed to mandated. That's the big difference in what used to be called a libertarian and everybody else.
Agreed-I now think it's best for the majority to be registered as Independents in order to stay far away from any political label which can be easily hijacked by Global Banks and Multi-National Corporations which have no allegience to this country or its people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 08:49 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
That is by design, because we scare the political class. The last thing they want is to be held accountable for their actions. The best way to counter us is with disinformation. Both parties have proven they prefer to discredit rather than perform.

https://www.theihs.org/what-libertarian

What is The Libertarian Party? | Libertarian Party

I am proud to be a card carrying, dues paying, truly moderate Libertarian

Indeed. The Establishment sees libertarians as a threat to their agenda, because the Establishment's agenda is all about control of all aspects of life of the individual. So, they use the media and other resources to tell people we're anarchists, republicans in disguise, ect... and people continue to drink the kool-aide. I mean, God forbid that all we ask is that the government act in a limited, fiscal and responsible manner instead of spending like a drunken sailor.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:15 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,417 times
Absolutely. The vast majority still partakes in the bipartisan scam by via vote or supporting one of the bogus political parties, I.E, Democrats and Republicans, some other way. Total con job going on by our government and big corp and they don't see it.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:20 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Absolutely. The vast majority still partakes in the bipartisan scam by via vote or supporting one of the bogus political parties, I.E, Democrats and Republicans, some other way. Total con job going on by our government and big corp and they don't see it.

People are too wrapped up in treating politics like it's a sporting event. And the Establishment is more than happy to feed into that with it's divide and conquer methods.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:23 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
People are too wrapped up in treating politics like it's a sporting event. And the Establishment is more than happy to feed into that with it's divide and conquer methods.
Sporting events...that's an excellent way to put it. A good analogy. People like being a part of groups, to be a part of something. It's why gangs, private clubs, etc will never go away.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:32 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Nice shotgun you got there. Obviously you didn't bother to read my cites.

The fact that you believe we oppose government is childish at best. The founding fathers opposed a strong centralized government for a reason.

You on the other hand prefer strong centralized government which renders the states pointless. The entire premise of our Constitution is to keep the states in uniquely separate power, while the central government controls generic things like civil rights, defense, protecting our borders, and regulating interstate commerce.

By the very definition set forth in the Constitution the Federal government has overreached at least 80%

ACA is 16% alone, so You sure showed me!
I don't think you oppose government, I think you want to neuter it.
And 'tradition demands' is a irrational argument.

I did read your links and none of them contained any major surprises... it's the same right wing 'law of the jungle' type of system except with some manipulative appeals to 'the founding fathers that built this country', followed by sketchy promises of 'freedom'. There is zero explanation of how the poor are supposed to get anything for themselves without the money to buy it and with the owners of all the world's resources under no obligation to share them, and a government too weak to stop them. We had that already, it's called 'feudalism'.

And please bear in mind that the US didn't become a global superpower until after WWII and FDR... do you think it's better to harken back to one's humble beginnings or to one's golden age?

Old 05-21-2014, 11:48 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
If you think its all being brainwashed about politics, then IMHO, you also have been duped. There is far more going on behind the scenes than we know. The established federal govt. and its policies and practices don't change all that much from a change in who's in power. Helping the poor, balancing the budget, border security etc. are all words used by politicians to get out the voters from their party. But it doesn't matter who's in power the policies stay pretty much the same. Even major corporations often give to both parties.

I don't claim to know, but there are powerful forces within and outside of the govt. in the financial and corporate world that are pulling the strings of those in office. JFK's assassination proved that to me. I generally believe that the people in charge of these powerful institutions maninpulate events and politicians to keep the status quo, and the common folks are manipulated by news reports etc. so that they can enrich themselves and remain in power.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:02 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
If you think its all being brainwashed about politics, then IMHO, you also have been duped. There is far more going on behind the scenes than we know. The established federal govt. and its policies and practices don't change all that much from a change in who's in power. Helping the poor, balancing the budget, border security etc. are all words used by politicians to get out the voters from their party. But it doesn't matter who's in power the policies stay pretty much the same. Even major corporations often give to both parties.

I don't claim to know, but there are powerful forces within and outside of the govt. in the financial and corporate world that are pulling the strings of those in office. JFK's assassination proved that to me. I generally believe that the people in charge of these powerful institutions maninpulate events and politicians to keep the status quo, and the common folks are manipulated by news reports etc. so that they can enrich themselves and remain in power.
I agree with you. My point is that since a significant portion of our society supports and lends credit to puppet politicians like Obama, Bush and perhaps even Clinton, Reagan it could be argued that many people are in fact "brainwashed"-or at least the ones that vote for them. Many say that JFK was the last true President elected by the people without Corporate/Global banking approval. If Billary wins in 2016 we will have 24+ years of Presidents from only two families over 7 Presidential elections since 1988-that doesn't seem like it should happen in a properly functioning Democracy.

Or maybe there is too much apathy in society and the majority of people are aware of the privately controlled financial power mechanisms and nature of the political system but don't have the voice due to not voting or being heard on the Corporate media. One thing is for sure-our policies revolve around preserving the financial system and the US dollar-which is not controlled by the nation or its people but rather global banks and old institutions that have no allegience to this country.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 05-21-2014 at 12:22 PM..

Old 05-21-2014, 12:21 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Indeed. The Establishment sees libertarians as a threat to their agenda, because the Establishment's agenda is all about control of all aspects of life of the individual. So, they use the media and other resources to tell people we're anarchists, republicans in disguise, ect... and people continue to drink the kool-aide. I mean, God forbid that all we ask is that the government act in a limited, fiscal and responsible manner instead of spending like a drunken sailor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Absolutely^^^

Old 05-21-2014, 12:31 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
I see it also from another point of view. I am a very serious Christian and have been all my life. What I see is that the media and mainstream "experts" also reject the idea that there is a God who created the world, manipulates events in the world, and will judge the world. But those in charge don't like that, because that would mean people would not be as easy to "manage". As a result, religion and religious people are pretty much pushed to the sidelines, mocked, ridiculed etc. also. Even when documentaries or news shows seek out religious "experts", they stick to the very liberal ones who agree with the mainstream vision of reality that we are fed daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies