Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 10:39 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I'd VERY much like to get more info about this book, and maybe get a copy, to find out what other "interesting statements" it makes to my kids.

Anybody know the title and publisher of this book?
This company is one to check. Not enough information, I don't think to determine if it is a book or lesson, much less what subject or book.
Core Education & Technologies Ltd

NGA and CCSSO hold the copyrights to the standards.

Public License | Common Core State Standards Initiative

This is publisher and dev info.
Developers & Publishers

Might try these US history sites.
US History Websites with the Common Core | Not Another ...

Here was a blog on a what appears to be a NC civics test.
NC Civics Test Question On The Constitution

Last edited by CDusr; 05-20-2014 at 10:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 10:47 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
sheer and utter propaganda.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:52 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
It is interesting that the OP believes whatever she reads whether it's even actually true. It's quite sad actually and I hope there are few people like this who can actually vote.

This is clearly not a common core textbook. It's a history textbook (history is not a common core subject). If the OP would have done even the slightest bit of research, she would have learned that the article she linked to is complete BS... and the textbook is a history textbook created by two grant teachers, independent of the common core program way before 2014, for the history department of an Illinois school.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
sheer and utter propaganda.
The linked article and the entire thread is basically propaganda. Most schools in the US would not allow this trash in their curriculum.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:59 PM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
You can bet that won't be the only lie coming from common core. It's not about telling the truth, it's about indoctrination via "enhanced truth." That's the way indoctrination works.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You can bet that won't be the only lie coming from common core. It's not about telling the truth, it's about indoctrination via "enhanced truth." That's the way indoctrination works.
Another one. I guess everyone just believes what they read in a forum.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:05 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Some people are just really into confirmation bias.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:08 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
It is interesting that the OP believes whatever she reads whether it's even actually true. It's quite sad actually and I hope there are few people like this who can actually vote.

This is clearly not a common core textbook. It's a history textbook (history is not a common core subject). If the OP would have done even the slightest bit of research, she would have learned that the article she linked to is complete BS... and the textbook is a history textbook created by two grant teachers, independent of the common core program way before 2014, for the history department of an Illinois school.
Do you have a link to where you found this information?

Common Core information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common...rds_initiative
quote:
The stated goal of the English Language Arts and Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects standards[19] is to ensure that students are college and career ready in literacy no later than the end of high school.

The link ref to pdf on common core site.
"Common Core State Standards For English Language Arts & Literacy In History/Social Studies, Science, And Technical Subjects"

Old 05-20-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Do you have a link to where you found this information?
A quick Google search takes you directly to the source: Illinois school handout teaches Second Amendment requires gun registration - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

Old 05-20-2014, 11:15 PM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
I don't need a forum to tell me that common core is a form of indoctrination. One need look no further than the curriculum. It doesn't even matter if the OP is accurate, just as it didn't matter if Ted Bundy killed 30 or 31 women. He was guilty either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies