Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 03:36 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Why didn't bush do any thing about this?
Bush isn't the problem here, Einstein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 04:33 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Maybe, but by these types of criteria, there is no way you can tell me with a straight face that Bush was somehow smarter. He too said an inordinate amount of stupid things during his time, and conservatives were cool with that.
Don't lefties obama leg humpers ever get tired of making excuses and throwing Bush's name into the mix?

Old 05-22-2014, 04:34 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
That is pretty accurate. It's embarrassing that he ever uttered that line.

But then again, Barack Obama IS an embarrassment. The media tried to spin him as an educated elitist, but he turned out to be a garden-variety buffoon.
It is pretty accurate, except the record deportations. Obama already admitted to the citizens that that was not accurate...to the citizens of Mexico. Obama said that they changed how they count deportations in 2009 to include people they turn back at the border, hence the record deportations.

#1 Obama had to be informed by the Washington Post that his version of the circumstances of his mother's death was NOT true. Even after they informed Obama that his story, which was scoring political points was factually not true, Obama accidentally continued to keep saying the inaccuracy - perhaps he needed to be re-informed?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...d4KS_blog.html

#2 Obama went to Wright's church for nearly 2 full decades. A church that advertised and sold his controversial remarks in the lobby of the church. Obama was mentored by him. Yet he had to be informed by the media to know that Wright made frequent controversial remarks.

#3 Obama was supposedly kept in the dark about not being able to keep your plan. Despite people in the White House and people on his campaign factually knowing for years and debating the merits of being honest.

#4 Ditto #3 for being able to keep your doctor.

#5 Obama found out that the NSA was spying on allies like Merkel through the media.

#6 Obama didn't know that the Obamacare website was having problems until after it was made public.

#7 Several White House aides knew months in advance that the IRS had been doing improper actions, but Obama didn't find out until we did through the news.

#8 Obama didn't know about Eric Holder's DOJ conducting surveillance on journalists until after he found out in the media.

#9 Several people in the Obama administration knew about the Petraeus affair compromising the head of the CIA for months, but Obama didn't find out until after the election when it was made public.

#10 Obama found out that there had been several requests for more security at Benghazi through the media.

#11 Carney claimed that Obama didn't know about Fast and Furious until he heard about it through the media.

What Obama didn

#12 Now we have the VA that Obama just found out about through the news, despite campaigning on this problem in 2007 and 2008.

Obama is either is full of BS and is extremely opaque (the opposite of his most transparent president ever pledge) or he is extremely inept and is kept in the dark due to his ineptitude.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:38 AM

Remember, Bush was a blithering idiot and he graduated from Yale and Harvard.

Obama = Bush.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-22-2014 at 07:35 AM..

Old 05-22-2014, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Why didn't bush do any thing about this?
Bush was a bad president that was ineffective at fixing this problem.

Obama campaigned in 2007 and 2012 on this specific problem and was also informed by Bush of this specific problem in 2008. Yet after being president for over 5 years, this problem has gotten worse, not better.

And Obama apparently suffered amnesia and just realized it was a problem thanks to the media!!!

Obama is a bad president that is ineffective at fixing this problem after over 5 years in office.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:05 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,392 times
Actually, looking at our recent past one would have to acknowledge that YES, most anyone can graduate from either of those places as long as one has the financial backing. Just look at Obama and plenty others. Sorry, but that used to be true back in the day but it is not anymore.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-22-2014 at 07:35 AM..

Old 05-22-2014, 05:10 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Maybe, but by these types of criteria, there is no way you can tell me with a straight face that Bush was somehow smarter. He too said an inordinate amount of stupid things during his time, and conservatives were cool with that.
GWB was so stupid Hillary believed him re Iraq. So what does that make hillary?

GWB spoke from his heart, Obama just says what he thinks is expedient and relies on his spin masters to interpret his long list of documented, indefensible lies. Obama would have done better not speechifying yesterday re the VA. How many times did he say, 'I'? Thought he was campaigning. He offered meaningless rhetoric as if he were one of the crowd demanding he take action. Listen to his words, no action just false empathy.

He has become a more pathetic figure as his time in office runs down. Unfortunately he sits in a position of power that he uses to advance his handlers political agenda.

He should be excoriated by the 'press' for saying he read it in the papers...AGAIN!

Old 05-22-2014, 05:47 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
What on God's Green Earth does Bush have to do with this thread?

Are you always this off topic?

Good Grief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Did you make it past 12th grade? I don't think so. Don't feel bad though, not everybody can graduate from Columbia and Harvard.
Why, yes, as a matter of fact, I did. And I did it without student loans and Affirmative Action. I did it on my own. Yes, I built it!

But this thread isn't about me. If you must deflect and attack someone as a means of answering the charges against 0bama, you must be an 0bot!

Last edited by Dale Cooper; 05-22-2014 at 06:01 AM..

Old 05-22-2014, 05:51 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Actually, I think any Veteran should be able to go into any Hospital and get care. The bill should be sent to the Fed Govt. Actually, I think the same for every American ... Oh my, I think I favor Universal HC for the USA.....

Old 05-22-2014, 06:00 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
O doesn't have time to find out what his administration is doing. He is TOOO busy focusing like a laser on jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies