Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2014, 10:08 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,535,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There are many tales of history out there.
The whitewashed ones make it into the schools though as only Nixon was dinged and even then in a mild fashion.

Outside of K-12 though is where true history is told with both the good and bad.
Sadly not enough Americans read history after they leave school.

The Civil War, for example, was much more than what was taught in K-12.
The Kennedy administration was full of battles between the President and the Pentagon.
And what the US did with the Indians as we settled the US was deplorable.
Real Life.

I keep telling my kids as they graduate from HS. "Welcome to the real world" One More To Go....
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 12:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,667,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There are many tales of history out there.
The whitewashed ones make it into the schools though as only Nixon was dinged and even then in a mild fashion.

Outside of K-12 though is where true history is told with both the good and bad.
Sadly not enough Americans read history after they leave school.

The Civil War, for example, was much more than what was taught in K-12.
The Kennedy administration was full of battles between the President and the Pentagon.
And what the US did with the Indians as we settled the US was deplorable.
very true my friend. the problem however comes when the kids graduate from high school, or college, and then stop studying history and digging for teh real facts about what went on, and they fall back on the garbage they learned in school.

i used to enjoy confounding my high school history teacher, especially when we dealt with world war two, specifically the pacific theater.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:51 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,641,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Want to provide the Democrats cover from their disastrous health care law? No problem, just bribe the insurance companies with billions of tax payer dollars to keep the rates artificially low for 3 years. I mean, what's a few billion more after you've already spent $1.5 billion on websites?
Yes, he's using taxpayer funds to BUY votes in the next election. The Dems complain about corporate funding for elections, but that's nothing compared to the billions Obama is spending to buy votes.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:10 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,641,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
that depends on who writes the history books when this comes up. if it is a conservative, then yes obama will look very bad, if it is a liberal however, obama will look like a genius, ...
If Obamacare is the work of a genius I would hate to see what the work of an idiot looks like.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,667,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
If Obamacare is the work of a genius I would hate to see what the work of an idiot looks like.
again, reread what i wrote. i said a LIBERAL would call it a work of genius.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:18 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,450,057 times
REVEALED: INSURANCE COMPANY BAILOUT

Old 05-21-2014, 03:50 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,504,689 times
I'd like to see a calculation of the per-leech cost of Obamacare.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:18 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,046,270 times
At this point, I can't even muster the energy to adequately complain anymore.

I'll just put it like this: Barack Obama is a worthless President, and a worthless human being. He is a disgrace to the United States of America.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:28 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,764,196 times
Propping failed liberal ideas and actions... then calling it success... to get more people to vote for them... Liberals don't surprise me one bit... and doing it with MY money...

Old 05-21-2014, 04:32 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,903,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Want to provide the Democrats cover from their disastrous health care law? No problem, just bribe the insurance companies with billions of tax payer dollars to keep the rates artificially low for 3 years. I mean, what's a few billion more after you've already spent $1.5 billion on websites?

Obama has denied for months that there was a bailout for insurance companies, and the whole time, they were working to put in place an even bigger bailout. He is such a liar.

Federal funds earmarked to offset Affordable Care Act insurer losses*-*Los Angeles Times
Nothing more debt slaves can't fix. Guess all those younger ones are too underemployed, debt ridden with credit cards and student loans.
quote:
insurance companies in several states have been eyeing significant rate increases for next year amid concerns that their new customers are older and sicker than anticipated.

Though the fed site can benefit here.
quote:
If rates go up dramatically, consumers may also turn away from insurance marketplaces in some states, leading to their collapse.

There you have it.
"Maintaining these old plans kept many healthy consumers out of the marketplaces, making the pool of new customers less healthy and therefore potentially more expensive for insurers, according to experts."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies