Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 02:19 AM

6,367 posts, read 6,244,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Why do you care, if an employer extends employment benefits to an employee ... that are none of your business in the first place?

Seriously. Every woman who ever had PDD (and even those with it) know that if men menstruted, they would get a week off, free birth control, subsidized abortions and free tampons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 06:04 AM

398 posts, read 696,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Seriously. Every woman who ever had PDD (and even those with it) know that if men menstruted, they would get a week off, free birth control, subsidized abortions and free tampons.
True. There would also be some kind of awareness league for the men with severe symptoms. I've taken time off from work due to severity in which I just cannot function so why bother trying, and just heal up. The culture and the responses here are just another example of the drive in America to work through your pain/illness/disability without receipt of paid (or other) time off. Yawn.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:38 AM

430 posts, read 378,806 times
Nah don't see this happening. I mean the republicans love being the one of only 4 countries in the WORLD that refuse to let women have PAID MATERNITY LEAVE. They get 6 weeks UNPAID maternity leave...sooner the republican party goes the way of the dodo bird the better.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:55 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,131,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Nah don't see this happening. I mean the republicans love being the one of only 4 countries in the WORLD that refuse to let women have PAID MATERNITY LEAVE. They get 6 weeks UNPAID maternity leave...sooner the republican party goes the way of the dodo bird the better.
Oh geez...... here we go again... this isn't a left or right issue. My DIL who works for the government is getting 8 weeks paid maternity leave. My son is getting paternity leave.

As far as the subject at hand. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I've been there. The extreme pain. At the same time looking from it from a business standpoint it makes absolutely no sense. HHmmm... just wait till menopause sets in.... What's next menopausal leave?

Old 09-01-2014, 10:02 AM

23,446 posts, read 17,113,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
Some women have excrutiating pain during their periods and heavy bleeding. They should be able to take a day or two off work if the pain and bleeding is that bad but a whole week? Nope. LOL
That would be for dysmenorrhea not menstruation. as not all menstrual experiences are the same, something all women and very, very few men already know. Can you imagine that discussion in the male dominated legislature?

Funny, had a female boss who was trying to get something on a subordinate and noted she took one day off every month. Aha, we got her! Then her female boss said, oops! I take one day off a month as I feel the company owes me that. She had been quoted a couple of times stating she was owed a day because of her monthly event.

By the same token men should have the first day of deer hunting season off.

This discussion can go too far into the realm of the social justice heartland and when it comes to menstruation, 'we are a nation of cowards'. Though it was broached on an episode of 'Everyone loves Raymond'.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:37 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,452,584 times
It's not fair for older women who don't have it anymore. " the war on seniors". You heard it here first

Old 09-01-2014, 10:38 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,131,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
It's not fair for older women who don't have it anymore. " the war on seniors". You heard it here first

Old 09-01-2014, 11:14 AM

6,367 posts, read 6,244,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
I didn't know this but not surprised. What are the other ones?

Old 09-01-2014, 11:25 AM

9,895 posts, read 9,538,790 times
That is why you have sick days and vacation days.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:49 AM

430 posts, read 378,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Oh geez...... here we go again... this isn't a left or right issue. My DIL who works for the government is getting 8 weeks paid maternity leave. My son is getting paternity leave.

As far as the subject at hand. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I've been there. The extreme pain. At the same time looking from it from a business standpoint it makes absolutely no sense. HHmmm... just wait till menopause sets in.... What's next menopausal leave?
Obama Says US Should Have Paid Maternity Leave
DownWithTyranny!: Paid Maternity Leave For Federal Employees Passes Despite GOP Obstructionism
Republicans Are Passing ALEC Written Laws Banning Paid Sick Leave

Obama and Democrats are for it,Republicans tried to block the Federal Maternity leave for mothers and fathers...they will try and block anything for regular folks as well.If only I could manage to move to another country I would in a heartbeat. The US has become a place for the rich by the rich backed by politicians paid for by the rich. Its no longer a place like my grandparents grew up in, NONE of my grandmothers worked because they didn't need to. They were mothers and home makers,THEY paid the bills,I remember my grandfather giving my grandmother his check he got his allowance for the week she paid the bills,got groceries etc. Now you can't do that...even with both parents working its hard as can be...fortunately we have family to watch the youngest child so we don't have to spend almost what we spend on rent for child care as well. I am ashamed I ever voted Republican.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I didn't know this but not surprised. What are the other ones?

Parental leave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

US,Papua New Guinea,Suriname,Liberia

Pretty pathetic when 3rd world countries offer this kind of thing and the US doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies