Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2014, 02:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Replace the bolded with "nicely dressing people" is how I have felt many times in my life.. I honestly believe this country is divided by class, not so much by race.

I too agree with you. I believe so much that there is a myth out there. This Country is not divided so much by race, but as you say by class.

A class of people good or bad can be of any race or religion, either gender. Since it was two white men who killed 2 members of my family 2 different instances, I trust hard to say but no one. I have to get to really know someone well, before having a good relationship with them.

I think there can be many prejudices out there and different circumstances that precludes to a prejudice.

I was taught from an early age, to see the good in people and if they were bad, that too would come out.

Color has never been an issue with me not even growing up in Inglewood Calif and graduating from Inglewood in the seventies. I never judged a person by their color, but by their substance. In this day and age, I hate to say, after what happened to my family members, I have a hard time trusting anyone.

From Inglewood we then moved to Palos Verdes Calif, talk about culture shock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 02:49 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Seems we have a few different topics going on here. Like Cuban said we all have some prejudices. I think him saying a black person wearing a hoodie was a bad example because I see them everyday and that that does not concern me. A better example may have been a black guy wearing gold teeth, sagging pants and tatted up. By nature we will try to avoid anyone who appears be a threat. I think we all have a survival instinct within us and it is not racist to go with your instinct.

The interview did not address the Donald Sterling incident but many people are making that jump. Donald Sterling is losing his team because he tarnished the brand of the NBA. The other owners could careless if he is racist or not. What they do care about is losing money due the actions of one of their on. The NBA does not have the right to take the team from Sterling and he not be compensated. They do have the right to force him to sale the team due to him breaking the agreement he signed when given a team. Sterling could have said he hated women, jews or children and the results would have been the exact same.

Reggie
Right. I agree.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:50 PM

2,962 posts, read 3,530,774 times
I think he made a valid point about the illegally recorded phone call, but I don't know where he is going with this statement.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:56 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
...Can I just interject that I love Mark Cuban??

I've always loved him & the Mavericks....
He's a brilliant man, on every level & I totally respect what he's said.
And it's true. Not many people can or will be bold enough or blunt enough to vocalize what he said.
Cuban rocks

I belong in Dallas

Old 05-22-2014, 03:04 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,062 times
People from all sides of this so called "political spectrum" have misunderstood Cuban's comments. He wasn't validating prejudice and stereotypes, but simply admitting his own. His overarching point was that bigotry can't be overcome unless we look at our own prejudices.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:06 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Will he have to sell his team now?

Old 05-22-2014, 03:13 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Will he have to sell his team now?
Maybe he will get his own show on msnbc?

Seriously, reality is a difficult world to live in for most liberals. They prefer unicorns.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:18 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Maybe he will get his own show on msnbc?

Seriously, reality is a difficult world to live in for most liberals. They prefer unicorns.
Before he gets his own spot on MSNBC he might have to attend a mandatory white privilege conference.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:19 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I think he made a valid point about the illegally recorded phone call, but I don't know where he is going with this statement.
I'm going to guess the same place as Jesse Jackson when he made the same statement.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:22 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
I guess you didn't see that part where he also said if he saw a white guy with facial tattoos and the shaved head he'd be doing the exact same thing. Way to take a snippet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies