Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 04:36 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Globals are starting to panic it appears as they are getting more and more desperate to make up more lies. Another country says to hell with the nonsense. What do our leaders do...........charge on to steal more money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 04:40 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Yes, our neighbors to the south think they can do just that. Amazing isn't it?
and to top it off, the person that you responded to supports that!

Old 05-23-2014, 05:04 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
They have a good country over there. They do what works for them and their citizens. They do not police the world.

What works there may or may not work here as our simple living philosophies are very different.

I agree with the poster that said they don't align their beliefs on issues with their politics. Just because one may agree with a certain theory doesn't mean they are in lock step with the party that tends to have the same belief.

I am also a fiscal conservative that doesn't oppose gay marriage or abortion but also doesn't belief in all the global warming hype.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
It seems to me that CAGW (catastrophic anthropogenic global warming) is divided much more along left/right lines in the USA than in other countries like Australia, and largely, it is the right in the USA that has caused this division by viciously name calling anyone who believes in CAGW as a leftist, a liberal, or a Marxist. This really hurts their cause, but worst of all it hurts the cause for truth because people on both sides of the debate chose their positions based upon which political camp they think they align the best instead of what the facts tells them.
Amen and pass the plate. Repent the end is near.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Aussies To Slash 90% Of Global Warming Funding--Smart Move!
I don't blame them. Unlike in US, global warming is not just a political debate where every Republican opposes, and every Dem supports, but it is a practical matter of whether or not their budget can support the spending.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:05 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,317 times
Quote:
It seems to me that CAGW (catastrophic anthropogenic global warming) is divided much more along left/right lines in the USA than in other countries like Australia, and largely, it is the right in the USA that has caused this division by viciously name calling anyone who believes in CAGW as a leftist, a liberal, or a Marxist. This really hurts their cause, but worst of all it hurts the cause for truth because people on both sides of the debate chose their positions based upon which political camp they think they align the best instead of what the facts tells them.
Well not really, it's not the case with me. I observe no global warming at all, no sea level rise and I live on the Gulf of Mexico, and I read the Club of Rome's book, Limits to Growth, which states:

"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill...."

The Club of Rome is a globalist think-tank that gave rise to Agenda 21, and in fact invented the whole global warming scare tactic. Note that one of it's members is none other than Al Gore.

The Club of Rome goes on to say:

All these dangers are caused by human intervention....and thus the “real enemy, then, is humanity itself....We believe humanity requires a common motivation, namely a common adversary in order to realize world government. It does not matter if this common enemy is “a real one or….one invented for the purpose."

That settled it for me.

Last edited by amylewis; 05-23-2014 at 06:36 AM..

Old 05-23-2014, 06:15 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Yes, our neighbors to the south think they can do just that. Amazing isn't it?
That's because we encourage it.
America is basically a welfare state for Mexico's poor, unskilled, and uneducated.
While their economy, unemployment, and GDP is doing much better than ours.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:49 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Not disappear just shrink in the number of people who need them.

Once again that is your nations choice, you choose 3rd world refugees over entrepreneurs that is your nations choice..

They IE the Aussie right, and they won the election and a rapidly winning the culture war down under..
What culture war ?

It was the labor party that decided that no illegal immigrant will be granted residency in Australia

That's the left party FYR

It was also the right wing party that introduced gun bans and elevated middle class welfare like baby bonuses, first home buyers grants, rebates to purchase private health insurance. They're called the liberal party.

Wacky huh

Old 05-23-2014, 07:05 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Are you independently wealthy?
Do your parents live there to sponsor you?
Have you been accepted to an Australian Institute of Higher Learning?
As a high school graduate, do you have any special skill that is so amazing and in demand, that the Aussies can't find an Australian to do the job? Posting about how much you luvz your gunz, doesn't count.
If you answered no to any of the above, you're not getting in.

Maybe if you apply as a refugee from the "Greatest Nation on Earth" because your existence has become unbearable and your life is in danger, you might stand a chance.

It's a most peculiar phenomenon. Some people seem to think you can just up and move into a country with extensive safety nets and universal healthcare with no problem. You can't.
Canada probably wouldn't take you, either.
Educate yourself.
That's what we've been trying to tell the pro illegal immigration crowd for YEARS! Thank you for finally seeing the light!

Old 05-23-2014, 07:42 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
correct. It is no longer about science. It's about politics and expansion of government power. I think the Aussies figured this out and took action. good for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies