Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 07:18 PM

25,362 posts, read 18,504,218 times

Advertisements

Yes, I support the "Fair Tax" idea because I consume very little, therefore I should be charged very little.

Our current tax code is just the opposite and makes no logical sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 07:19 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,377,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Well they don't pay income tax, payroll, disability, FICA, social security and if their income is not verifiable then they don't own property and this don't pay property tax. If they are in a state without sales tax then they don't pay that either.

But keep on telling me how they pay taxes.
You are reaching extremely hard on this post.

Payroll / FICA / Social Security is the same thing. Property tax statement is false. Anyone who pays rent to another person pays property tax.

Do you actually think drug dealers don't purchase homes? LOL!! It is called cash. The top drug dealers have quite a bit of cash...

Old 05-23-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Then where does my tax money go?

I know you predicted my question.
Your tax money is redistributed to constrain inflation.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:21 PM

7,057 posts, read 8,881,605 times
I support the fair tax because it eliminates the IRS and with them gone there would be no more harassment of political enemies.

Also I get sick of hearing this "living from paycheck to paycheck" crap. It's a catch phrase for "I'm too stupid, undiciplined and irresponsible to manage my money because I live for today" Living from paycheck to paycheck is a choice, a bad one at that. There are low income people who live frugally and manage to accumulate savings and there are people who make six figures who only have a bunch of maxed out credit cards in their wallets and have to dig through couch cushions so their kids can have lunch money.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:22 PM

45,055 posts, read 26,215,504 times
Fair theft? Sorry, no such thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yes, I support the "Fair Tax" idea because I consume very little, therefore I should be charged very little.

Our current tax code is just the opposite and makes very little logical sense.
No, our tax code makes more logical sense than a "Fair Tax" sales tax.

Your personal consumption has no bearing on what is economically feasible to society. That is illogical.

12,287 posts, read 9,781,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
You are reaching extremely hard on this post.

Payroll / FICA / Social Security is the same thing. Property tax statement is false. Anyone who pays rent to another person pays property tax.

Do you actually think drug dealers don't purchase homes? LOL!! It is called cash. The top drug dealers have quite a bit of cash...
If you think the run of the mill drug dealer is buying a home... Let's just say you need to educate yourself.

How much property tax is being payed for in rent while you are in section 8 housing where the vast majority of criminals reside? I'll save us all the time, 0.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
I support the fair tax because it eliminates the IRS and with them gone there would be no more harassment of political enemies.

Also I get sick of hearing this "living from paycheck to paycheck" crap. It's a catch phrase for "I'm too stupid, undiciplined and irresponsible to manage my money because I live for today" Living from paycheck to paycheck is a choice, a bad one at that. There are low income people who live frugally and manage to accumulate savings and there are people who make six figures who only have a bunch of maxed out credit cards in their wallets and have to dig through couch cushions so their kids can have lunch money.
Ohh but isn't that the problem...?

You see.. the rich cat that saves all his money doesn't recirculate it into the economy. Income tax exists mainly to redistribute the earnings of the well-off. After a man consumes his basic necessities, there is only so much consumption he will choose to do.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
If you think the run of the mill drug dealer is buying a home... Let's just say you need to educate yourself.

How much property tax is being payed for in rent while you are in section 8 housing where the vast majority of criminals reside? I'll save us all the time, 0.
It does not matter. Your rebuttal could not refute my original statement that even drug dealers pay taxes. Sales tax is a tax, no?

Old 05-23-2014, 07:25 PM

6,513 posts, read 7,519,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Your tax money is redistributed to constrain inflation.
Can you provide evidence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies