Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 10:25 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,776,623 times

Advertisements

This is a British PSA video that is supposed to make a point that abuse in relationships go both ways.

Obviously - we would all like to think we'd step in if we saw a man abusing his girlfriend in public. Is it the same the other way around?

Someone should at least tell that lady to take her nasty behavior (even though it's staged) somewhere private away from children!

So do you think female on male domestic violence is that serious?

#ViolenceIsViolence: Domestic abuse advert Mankind - YouTube

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 10:36 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,118,254 times
saw enough female on male violence during my stint as Navy MAA to realize its a problem~ and sometimes the consequences of a man the tryng to defend himself are great so he takes it. Yes woman on man violence can be as bad as man on woman violence. Always wondered when others would notice it does exist. PS~ not all violence is physical.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:43 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,858,962 times
"Men can't be victims of anything. Especially white men" - Liberals

Old 05-23-2014, 10:43 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,758,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
"Men can't be victims of anything. Especially white men" - Liberals
Tell that to the white men who survived the Holocaust.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:47 PM

9,002 posts, read 10,128,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
This is a British PSA video that is supposed to make a point that abuse in relationships go both ways.

Obviously - we would all like to think we'd step in if we saw a man abusing his girlfriend in public. Is it the same the other way around?

Someone should at least tell that lady to take her nasty behavior (even though it's staged) somewhere private away from children!

So do you think female on male domestic violence is that serious?

#ViolenceIsViolence: Domestic abuse advert Mankind - YouTube
I've witnessed it- yes it is serious.
And it's not reported most of the time, because of the obvious reasons....
That being said I wouldn't step in to help a male or a female being attacked.
Not worth the risk.
I would, however step in (& have) for a kid.......

Old 05-23-2014, 10:49 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,758,079 times
Personally, I myself am a coward and prefer to avoid large risks. Thus, I might not personally step in for anyone who is being attacked if I think that there might be a large risk of me getting hurt if I do this. However, I will probably try contacting the authorities about this if I will have an opportunity to do this.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,365,237 times
Knowing myself I would most likely step in either way. I have gotten involved before, where I have seen a man and women fighting. Not always wise, police should be called if it gets out of control.

Italian temper here, I like seeing no one person being abused. It goes two ways, but is reported more often, when a man is abusive to a woman.

Men can and have been victims of women. Abuse can be done by any person even teenagers are abusive to their parents. Not all but more and more abuse is going on these days.

I have witnessed young children being abusive to their Moms, and the Mothers do not a thing about it.

Violence is violence, and it is noted that men do not report these instances as women do.

Last edited by california-jewel; 05-23-2014 at 10:59 PM..

Old 05-23-2014, 10:55 PM

20,222 posts, read 19,770,966 times
Sorry, can't buy into the 40% thing.

Almost EVERY domestic violence PSA, feminist study and so on has programmed me to believe that males are the overwhelming problem.

Even colleges make it clear that a great number of young males are potential rapists.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:56 PM

122 posts, read 97,842 times
No...its part of learning what a man is supposed to be, if a man cannot run fast enough from hurling shoes, frying pans, wine bottles ( because she wanted it all as usual) dumb idea's, shopping malls...then there is some ABC learning to do. Man is the man...women is the women, there is a difference. Women love to squak...knowing when to ignore the squaking will be of assistance.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:11 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,365,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew K View Post
No...its part of learning what a man is supposed to be, if a man cannot run fast enough from hurling shoes, frying pans, wine bottles ( because she wanted it all as usual) dumb idea's, shopping malls...then there is some ABC learning to do. Man is the man...women is the women, there is a difference. Women love to squak...knowing when to ignore the squaking will be of assistance.

Maybe so, but a true Man, can also admit, he is going to get his ass whip by a women. And some women are way tougher then some men.

I am speaking more of abusive relationships, and I have seen them both ways. Believe me there are some tough azz women out there, that can beat any man's azz I happen to know a couple..

What bothers me more is the physical abuse and also mental. Why should a man any more then a women stand by and take abuse. To admit he is a Mucho Man, how utterly stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies