Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 11:06 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times

Advertisements

Colorado legalized the growing of industrial hemp in the same Constitutional amendment that legalized recreational marijuana.

Here's the application form if you want to grow some:

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite...&ssbinary=true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 12:37 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Colorado legalized the growing of industrial hemp in the same Constitutional amendment that legalized recreational marijuana.

Here's the application form if you want to grow some:

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite...&ssbinary=true
Those Coloradans are only interested in their economy.

THAT'S what is behind it all!

What a greedy State!

Old 05-24-2014, 12:49 PM

155 posts, read 89,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
use your Google fingers to find out just how useful hemp really is
While I support legalization, or at least decriminalization (if there is such a difference), I have to say that the "hemp" issue, as useful as it might be, is, IMHO, naught but a front for the MJ advocacy side.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:52 PM

155 posts, read 89,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Those Coloradans are only interested in their economy.

THAT'S what is behind it all!

What a greedy State!
I've noticed that. They don't care about property crimes, violent crimes, financial crimes, spouse abuse, murder, rape etc, just their economy - NOT. A little hyperbole goes a long way, I suppose, or, perhaps, it was sarcasm.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:59 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
that wasn't the issue. I asked what happened to all of the people lobbying for hemp. you don't hear about it anymore. you only hear about weed.
Well , as you probably well know there are almost unlimited uses for hemp. Our Canadian farmers in the west are reaping a bonanza growing hemp. It's an extremely profitable cash crop. We hope the brain dead American government continues to prevent your farmers from growing it. At present you import it from Canada and that is good for us.

Can it get much more idiotic than importing something that your own farmers would love to grow?

Old 05-24-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conshelf View Post
I've noticed that. They don't care about property crimes, violent crimes, financial crimes, spouse abuse, murder, rape etc, just their economy - NOT. A little hyperbole goes a long way, I suppose, or, perhaps, it was sarcasm.
It was a joke, son!

Just a joke!

Scratch that - It was a joke of intelligent value.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conshelf View Post
Exchanging use of alcohol for use of pot would moderate most of these behaviors.

High falutin activity beats high pollutin' activity any day.

If using pot causes you to be paranoid, you should not use it.

However, you should seek help.

Conservatives don't get high, they get scared.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 05-24-2014 at 01:28 PM..

Old 05-24-2014, 07:58 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Most of you are confused. There is no THC in Hemp. I hunted for 6 years to get real hemp rope. Most people would send me some where to only find it was more manillia.

I guess you could smoke the rope which is soft as cotton rot resistant unlike cotton and doesn't shrink when wet like manillia. So it was used a running rigging on sailing ships and as bolt rope in the sails. back to that smoking. I bet you would gag and get bad head.
Legalizing pot for recreation is just a stupid idea.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:01 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Most of you are confused. There is no THC in Hemp. I hunted for 6 years to get real hemp rope. Most people would send me some where to only find it was more manillia.

I guess you could smoke the rope which is soft as cotton rot resistant unlike cotton and doesn't shrink when wet like manillia. So it was used a running rigging on sailing ships and as bolt rope in the sails. back to that smoking. I bet you would gag and get bad head.
just like legalizing booze was a stupid idea, or are you just against freedom??

Old 05-24-2014, 09:45 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

And why is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies