Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 12:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
wow. So we can blame right wing parents when their kids go off and shoot people now ???
If you can find any. Not too many rednecks are involved in these kinds of mass murders.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:51 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Who knows????

Perhaps a well placed shot thought windshield.
Very unlikely, if you're close enough to get off a shot through the windshield of a moving car coming towards you chances are you'll get hit even if you get off a head shot. You're much better off jumping out of the way or even jumping up to lessen the direct impact to your body. You've got a much better chance of rolling up over the windshield and roof of the car, especially something low like a BMW.

No professional is going to teach you to stand and shoot at a car coming towards you if the driver is trying to run you down. You get out of the way first if you can and if not do what you can to make it a less deadly impact.

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Agreed.

Also to me Facebook and all this social media is a sign of how isolated people really are, not how connected they are.
Especially when they have zero facebook friends and zero pictures of anyone or anything but themselves.

I actually don't believe the hysteria about fb and social media -- I know a lot of pretty normal people who use it to post pictures of their babies and pets and stay in touch with cousins and other people they live away from.

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Better the father blame the NRA than admit that HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN his spawn was a homicidal lunatic.
It seems that perhaps he did. He just either didn't have or know where to turn. He turned him in. The cops said "nah, nice kid, he's fine".

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natguy View Post
I to support the 2nd amendment but the NRA is really nothing more than a lobbying organization for the Gun manufactures, they have no interest whatsoever for victims of gun violence The big problem is not the guns themselves as much as the mentally ill getting a hold of them and you have millions of radical right wingnut gun owners who see any attempt of gun control as an attack on their freedom although no one has ever suggested that responsible gun owners should give up their guns. The mentality of some Americans just simply amazes me, I don't know if its just our school system in this country has failed so many or outside influences from radicals like the Tea Party folk, are convincing to many that the govt. is something to fear but most of these gun nuts IMO are just plainly stupid
All it takes is giving up one right....for others to follow.

If you do not at least remain mindful of the government's power....you are being foolish.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:53 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Yes. And we work very hard at doing something about all those .....except.... gun shot homicide. Imagine that?
What exactly do you propose we do? Shouldn't it start with promoting a non violent society.
I'll start
Let's say, not being involved in wars.

Now, it's your turn

Old 05-25-2014, 12:54 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Do you know any people like that? I despise the gun/criminal lobby as much as anyone but most of my friends and relatives own guns and I don`t hate them. They like to hunt or keep a gun in the house for home protection but they don`t play cowboys and vigilantes.
My friend .. Someone should educate you on the finer points of tongue-n-cheek or just maybe .. Quoting entire posts where 'verbal jousting' was the intention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot
How about the many gun owners that have never shot anyone?
The liberals and media never mention them.
Now that I've given the full and 'unadulterated' context of the post that you were "quoting" from .. do you have a better understanding?

16,553 posts, read 8,592,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Check your math.

7 Deaths:
3 stabbed
4 shot (including the perpetrator)

13 injured:
8 shot
4 blunt trauma (car)
1 unclear

2014 Isla Vista massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Those figures may or may not be correct, but using Wiki as your source shows your utter lack of regard to find accurate information.
No personal offense intended, but Wiki is the lazy persons way of trying to make a point, and undermines the credibility of those who use it.

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Very unlikely, if you're close enough to get off a shot through the windshield of a moving car coming towards you chances are you'll get hit even if you get off a head shot. You're much better off jumping out of the way or even jumping up to lessen the direct impact to your body. You've got a much better chance of rolling up over the windshield and roof of the car, especially something low like a BMW.

No professional is going to teach you to stand and shoot at a car coming towards you if the driver is trying to run you down. You get out of the way first if you can and if not do what you can to make it a less deadly impact.
Maybe the side window...

A try would not hurt....if you were a good shot.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:57 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If the NRA would come to the bargaining table these issues could be brought up and dealt with. Their all or nothing approach accomplishes nothing.
UH .. The NRA has no authority to bargain when it comes to the second amedment or our 'rights'!

Just sayin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies