Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 09:18 PM

16,579 posts, read 8,600,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Have you see the violent crime statistics in that hell hole they call the UK?
With the thought, that girl can kill me if she is packing heat, gives a 50/50 chance he will get away with it or die. In the UK, the odds are way against the girl.
I am not sure what you are driving at. The article points out how there are several incentives for LEO's in the UK to fudge the crime stats to further their own best interests.
What point were you trying to make with your post?

Old 05-25-2014, 09:21 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
That's right. Instead of championing personal responsibility for actions, he's blaming the second amendment and law abiding citizens who have the right to carry for unstable people who go on murdering sprees. The aunt calls Obama to action. Will this stir up another gun control debate before the midterms?

UCSB shooting victim’s father: Blame NRA and “craven” politicians - Salon.com

At a press conference earlier today, a self-identified father of one of the victims in last night’s mass shooting near the University of California, Santa Barbara, named his son, Chris Martinez, as one of the victims. In a heart-wrenching statement the father, Richard Martinez, expressed his profound sadness. His 20-year-old son was on his way to a market when he was killed.

“Why did Chris die?” Richard Martinez said at a press conference. “Chris died because of craven, irresponsible politicians and the NRA. They talk about gun rights, what about Chris’ right to live? When will this insanity stop?”

I feel for him, but he's going after the wrong people.
I can't judge the man after what happened.

But I bet he was a gun-grabber before the incident.

I don't understand why lefties hold the NRA accountable in any way, shape or form though.

This nut was not an NRA member, board member, nor did he buy his guns from the NRA.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:22 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Proof?

You cant just sy lie and not back it up...God are leftist this dense?
Why? There's no proof for many of the claims in the first place. You don't get a pass to spout nonsense as truth just because you are the first to say it.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Huh? What does this has to do with anything? NYC is more diverse yet twice safer than Houston or Dallas. You're barking up the wrong tree, pal.
Sorry that I went over your head. It was not difficult. The homicide rate of black Americans is several times that of white Americans. This is due to 350 years of Jim Crow and slavery followed by the welfare state. Is there a minority group in any of your other nations that commits more than half that nation's murders?

Old 05-25-2014, 09:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am not sure what you are driving at. The article points out how there are several incentives for LEO's in the UK to fudge the crime stats to further their own best interests.
What point were you trying to make with your post?

When there is a 50% chance you could lose your life, people that want to harm other people, tend to think twice.

More people are murdered with knives and blunt objects, than are with a guns.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:41 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
We had less restrictions on guns in the late 50's than the early 80's yet the homicide rate rose by 2.5 times in that time span.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Its the problem so many want to ignore; that modern society of the whatever turns you o is more violent. that there are among us a lot more mentally ill people just like this guy who stabbed three to death. But legally just listening to the videos he knew exactly what he was doing and the difference between right and wrong obviously by his own statements. motive as he saw it was revenge .

Old 05-25-2014, 10:00 PM

1,070 posts, read 739,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I suggest reading Thomas Sowell's "White Liberals and Black Rednecks" for the answer to that question.
. I don't think I'd be looking for answers in somebody's book lol

Quote:
The fact is Southern culture is more violent. Statistics have to be carefully analyzed and other factors considered.
What other factors?

Quote:
Correlation does not equate to causation. Intelligent people know that.
Intelligent people realize that if the correlation, if consistent, suggest causation.

Quote:
Chicago has a rate of 18.5 despite tougher gun laws than Dallas and Houston. Stop isolating and cherry picking stats if you want an honest debate.
As opposed to New York City, Chicago is located in a gun loving Illinois close by to gun loving states of Indiana and Wisconsin and Chicago PD never made an effort to take guns of the streets. Chicago by the way has CCW law as of 2013.

Look at the murder rates on state level and answer why liberal gun-free states have lower murder rates than the red gun-loving states. Just a correlation, lucky strike, or does gun control simply translate into public safety?

Murder Rates Nationally and By State | Death Penalty Information Center

Old 05-25-2014, 10:01 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When you are freezing your ass off for 9 months of the year, violent crimes would be higher, being all couped up and getting on each others nerves.
Per capita, Canada has a higher violent crime rate, but then again, they seem to be an alcoholic nation.
Yet again you are completely wrong. Canada's violent crime rate is less than half that of the US average per 100,000 of population. The stats have been cited to you many times so I must conclude that you are deliberately lying.

People can check it out for themselves on this website or, failing that, just realize that the truth is almost always the exact opposite of what ever BentBow and his wingnut friends claim.

Countries Compared by Crime > Total crimes. International Statistics at NationMaster.com

Old 05-25-2014, 10:03 PM

1,070 posts, read 739,573 times
Buddy, there is roughly 25% of blacks in New York City, Houston and Dallas, yet New York City has a murder rate that is twice lower than that of Houston and Dallas. Your theory doesn't hold water.

Quote:
Sorry that I went over your head. It was not difficult. The homicide rate of black Americans is several times that of white Americans. This is due to 350 years of Jim Crow and slavery followed by the welfare state. Is there a minority group in any of your other nations that commits more than half that nation's murders?

Last edited by Rapaport; 05-25-2014 at 10:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies