Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 02:20 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Then why did they give him the names and locations for mental illness help?
Because they were told to "do something" - the universal Government fakery so some bureaucrat could tell some other bureaucrat, "Yes, we did something about it".

And what good did it do?

Zero.

Government in action.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:22 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Because they were told to "do something" - the universal Government fakery so some bureaucrat could tell some other bureaucrat, "Yes, we did something about it".

And what good did it do?

Zero.

Government in action.
Oh I agree, but there wasn't much else they could have done. They didn't have a warrant, and like a good sociopath he puts on a great face.

Like Ted Bundy, women thought he was sexy and a great guy to be around. Its not about the external appearance.

My point is, this guy was seeing therapists, had the police called by his parents because they worried about his mental stability, and none of it did any good. Everything was done right here, except locking him up, and how you get to that decision unless you just blanket everyone with mental illness as a threat, I don't know.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:23 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Then I guess we just have to tell the victim's father, too bad, you son just happened to be in the wrong place at wrong time. Or "Freedom is never free."

It is just .... sad ...

but one thing I do know is this, Had one of the three knife victims had a hand gun, they could have potentially shot the culprit and stopped the killing.
Many people could have potentially stopped him if they were allowed to carry a handgun. Unfortunately liberal policies have prevented that from happening.

It is unfortunate, but true. Sometimes nothing can be done that is acceptable in the construct of our society. It is the same conversation that is had with the parents of someone that is killed by a drunk driver or someone hit crossing the street or electrocuted to death while working in their home or killed by someone playing the knock out game. All of these can be prevented, we would just have to outlaw all alcohol, cars, electricity and walking in public.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Then I guess we just have to tell the victim's father, too bad, you son just happened to be in the wrong place at wrong time. Or "Freedom is never free."

It is just .... sad ...

but one thing I do know is this, Had one of the three knife victims had a hand gun, they could have potentially shot the culprit and stopped the killing.
Unless, of course, in all the chaos, someone mistook the gun-yielding victim for the culprit.
Everyone should have guns and should have the right to blast away, willy-nilly.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Seems like you have a solution. Please do tell.

His parents KNEW he was mentally ill, yet, they allowed him to get guns? Why is that?
I have no solution. We have a corrupt government. Look at the history of our insane asylums and what we did to both the mentally ill and normal folks who got committed.

Go ahead and roll your eyes.
There is no law that can be passed that will keep you safe 24/7/365.
Stay at home and lock the doors is my only advice.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:25 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
Quote:
Oh I agree, but there wasn't much else they could have done. They didn't have a warrant, and like a good sociopath he puts on a great face.

Like Ted Bundy, women thought he was sexy and a great guy to be around. Its not about the external appearance.

My point is, this guy was seeing therapists, had the police called by his parents because they worried about his mental stability, and none of it did any good. Everything was done right here, except locking him up, and how you get to that decision unless you just blanket everyone with mental illness as a threat, I don't know.
Do you notice a certain pattern in all these descriptions of what went on?

Every time government gets involved, effectiveness goes out the window.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:26 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Like I said, just another tragedy, just another seven people lost their lives.

In couple of months, nobody will talk about it ever again.

Lots debates, no solutions.

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Then why did they give him the names and locations for mental illness help?
Because that is given out to a lot of people on a wellness check.

Someone calls 911 and says Bob sure seems depressed lately can you have the police check to make sure he is ok, police to to bob's house and knock on door. Bob answers and talks to police. Police ask if he is ok, bob says he is, just working through some things in his life, maybe is dog died or something, police say ok and hand him a couple of pamphlets with information about how to get help and leave.

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Seems like you have a solution. Please do tell.

His parents KNEW he was mentally ill, yet, they allowed him to get guns? Why is that?
Did his parents try to get him committed ?
Did his parents try to get the court to declare him mentally unfit ?

Old 05-27-2014, 02:27 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Why do SOME always blame the guns after mass shooting? Why don't they blame mental illnesses?
Its always easier to blame an inanimate hunk of wood and steel and polymer than the fool behind the trigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies