Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 08:41 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
why does one have to be rich to be happy or content with their life during Obama's tenure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 09:07 AM

88,994 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Obama increased it? LOL...
Yep. Read the Huffington Post article I linked.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:08 AM

88,994 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
why does one have to be rich to be happy or content with their life during Obama's tenure?
You don't have to be rich to be happy with Obama's presidency, you just have to support Obama's outcome of the rich getting richer.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:11 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
You do not.

Think of why the government puts up signs in the national parks that states "DO NO FEED THE ANIMALS".

Why would the government do that???

Old 05-29-2014, 11:12 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
You do not.

Think of why the government puts up signs in the national parks that states "DO NO FEED THE ANIMALS".

Why would the government do that???
So poor people should just be left to fend for themselves in the streets.

Well, don't be surprised if the neighborhood pets start showing up in cooking pots.

Nice of you to equate human beings with animals.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:15 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So poor people should just be left to fend for themselves in the streets.

Well, don't be surprised if the neighborhood pets start showing up in cooking pots.

Nice of you to equate human beings with animals.
You are missing the point.....it is about control.

Think of why is it bad to feed wild animals.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:47 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
And for the record .... I rarely ever read politically biased news sources.

I am not into extremist Left Wing websites or blogs.

I get my news primarily from major newspaper websites, such as the New York Times, Washington Post, AP, etc, and whatever links are provided in Google News.

And I mostly watch CNN for news.

In contrast, some here go straight to the Extreme Right-Wing websites, and then post whatever they find as a new thread here in the Politics forum.

You Right-Wingers are too much!
Do you proofread your posts?

You forgot the /sarc tags!

Old 05-29-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If you had read the comment I was responding to, you would have realized I was responding to someone who claimed President Obama hada filibuster proof senate.

I guess reading comprehension isnt popular on this site.
Pot, meet Kettle.

You are the one who interjected filibuster proof into the thread!

My comment was that the Republicans could not have stopped anything that the Dimmies wanted to pass and then I included some examples to back up that claim!

Remember .. "I have a pen"?

Dream Act?
DOMA .. etc. etc.?

Old 05-29-2014, 01:06 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Think of why is it bad to feed wild animals.

You tell me, o wise one.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This was not just challenging the other party, as the link also says. They planned to make sure no meaning full legislation got through. You can pretend all you want, but your party was never willing to negotiate.

its one of the reasons Olympia Snowe left the senate.
Are you writing this cr@p with a straight face?

Some 'snippets: ..

Quote:
It took a while, but the media seem to have finally noticed Senate majority leader Harry Reid’s unprecedented obstructionism.

The New York Times reported last week on Reid’s “brutish style” and “uncompromising control” over the amendments process in the Senate. Why are more people finally catching on to Reid’s flagrant disregard for Senate customs? In part because conservatives aren’t the only ones complaining.
Quote:
Moderate Republicans who occasionally vote with Democrats and help broker bipartisan compromise are annoyed as well. Senator Lisa Murkowki of Alaska told the New York Times she was “kind of fed up” with Reid’s obstructionism. “He’s a leader. Why is he not leading this Senate? Why is he choosing to ignore the fact that he has a minority party that he needs to work with, that actually has some decent ideas? Why is he bringing down the institution of the Senate?”
Quote:
They note that House Republicans passed more than 200 bills in 2013, many of which Reid has refused to hold votes on in the Senate.
Quote:
Reid has refused to bring up measures that would almost certainly pass with bipartisan support, such as legislation approving construction of the Keystone XL oil pipeline, or the aforementioned medical-device-tax repeal. He has also refused to consider legislation to impose new sanctions on Iran: A majority of Senate Democrats support the idea, but it’s strongly opposed by the White House.
Quote:
In reality, of the 72 bills President Obama signed into law last year, only 16 originated in the Senate.
You get the idea why I said cr@p?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies