Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 05:50 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times

Advertisements

I got my NRA mag in the mail as usual the other day, and there on the cover was Detroit's chief of police James Craig. The piece is entitled A Show of Courage in Detroit .

Craig solidly supports the Second Amendment, and the right of the law abiding to defend against criminal violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Craig
It does appear more and more Detroiters are becoming empowered. More and more Detroiters are getting sick of the violence. I know of no other place where I've seen this number of justifiable homicides.
Chief Craig, who grew up in Detroit but left to pursue his law enforcement career, has an optimistic vision of the future:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief James Craig
I believe that Detroit, because of he resilience and the can-do attitude of people who live here, that Detroit will regain its luster. It will be one of these premier cities.
As a native Michigander (St. Ignace, MI) , I have been toying with the idea of retiring to Detroit, as crazy as it may sound. This makes me want to do it, just for he chance to get to shake the hand of PD chief James Craig.

Last edited by wutitiz; 05-26-2014 at 06:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 05:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
I hope he can reign in the city and get things under control. It's going to be a tall order considering the **** poor condition the city was left in by 50 years of liberal spending, unsustainable promises, unfunded liabilities, general graft and corruption...etc.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:09 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I hope he can reign in the city and get things under control. It's going to be a tall order considering the **** poor condition the city was left in by 50 years of liberal spending, unsustainable promises, unfunded liabilities, general graft and corruption...etc.
There are some signs of a rebirth in Detroit.

[Video] Armed Detroit Nurse Stops Mob From Beating Man to Death

Old 05-26-2014, 06:21 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
There are some signs of a rebirth in Detroit.

[Video] Armed Detroit Nurse Stops Mob From Beating Man to Death
Detroit stands a better chance with a person who will make decisions based on common sense, rather than what's easy and will generate some cream for the personal bank accounts. Just as Detroit was turning the corner, it was ran into the ground because of ideologies and greed.

How Detroit went broke: The answers may surprise you — and don't blame Coleman Young | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies