Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2014, 03:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
A fact among who? I don't know any Blacks who have referred to them as such?
Moving the goalposts, Harrier sees.

It doesn't matter whether or not you know someone personally who does that, the fact remains that it occurs.

Are you really going to deny that Clarence Thomas has not been disparaged, insulted, and viciously been called names because he is a black conservative?

Old 06-15-2014, 03:22 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is great advice for the Democratic Party.

Harrier isn't holding his breath waiting for them to take it.

Ethnicity and racial division is the bread and butter of the Dems.
Yeah the Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot in a really severe way by doing and saying things that are causing identity politics to get more and more of a foothold among the white voting population. Being seen as hostile to specific race(s) or ethnic groups is in the long term bad politics regardless of who is doing it and who the target is.

Quote:
Perhaps voting isn't the problem. Jews are known for voting Democrat in large numbers. As a group, Jews are wealthier than average in the USA. They are certainly wealthier than Whites in the South, who often vote Republican.
On the overall macro level sure, but this is a relic of the older population overwhelmingly voting for Democrats while the younger population only leans a bit that way. Each year as more jews who didn't start voting when identity politics drove people to the Democrats get old enough to vote, and as people who did pass away, the group gets more and more moderate and indistinguishable from the average American. If the lock the Democrats have on black voters ever breaks, the process of the group entering the political mainstream will look very similar.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:27 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Less wealth, choice, and liberty than whom?

Just because it affects you, it does not give me a reason to vote for Republicans. I am looking for a reason that helps ME. I vote based on what helps me. It is what it is. You stating how it affects you doesn't give me and reason for vote for Republicans. Until I can trust the Republican Party, until more Blacks can trust it, then the voting results will be the same. Until the likes of Lott, Hubbard, and Buchanan are repudiated, until the condescending remarks stop, don't expect Blacks to vote Republican in large numbers.
The I, ME, MYSELF, THE INDIVIDUAL had before.

Nor should it because it is not a reason for you to vote Conservative, not Republican.

Do you want a lower cost of living?
Do you want more choices?
Do you want lower taxes?
Do you want great paying jobs that cant be outsourced?
Do you want a secure border with mexico and their for lower crime and lower taxes?
Do you want cheaper Gasoline?
Do want a tax rate that draws in businesses for all over the world to set up shop here in America rather the Asia?
Do you want School Choice and School Vouchers so you can send your kids to a school were the will get a Education that is worth a damn?
Do you want to have the right to defend your liberty, life, property, wealth, and your posterity and for you posterity to do the same against all criminals and tyrants?

Do you want more freedom, more choice, more wealth, and more defense of them?

What issues matter you? Tell me.

Aslo if you feel they are condescending, that is one you..

Old 06-15-2014, 03:32 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Be disgusted, you only feel, never think...They are, and you get make a augment other wise...

The Native America and the African American, to major racial groups that have become totally dependent on the Federal Government...How have they turned out?

Can they be convinced? Maybe but how do you compete with "free" stuff?
Actually, I was thinking. You see, being enslaved is a state of involuntary servitude. Alot of Blacks CHOOSE(keyword here is choose) to vote Democrat. They can all choose to not vote Democrat.

And the majority of Blacks are not dependent on the federal government. Most of us just want jobs, and to be guaranteed that our rights will never be walked all over and disrespected again like they were in the olden days. And issues such as job discrimination still exist.

If you want to convince Blacks to vote Republican, then this is how you do it. You start by focusing on things we have in common. You make condescending remarks, such as the ones that were just posted, it is not going to make Blacks want to vote Republican. Start by focusing on the aspects we have in common. Start by asking "how can we work together and form a coalition"?, and things like "we have these things in common with each other". Reagan said this of Hispanics: "They're Republicans. They just don't know it", pointing to things like personal responsibility and family. There are many Blacks who have conservative outlooks on certain issues. However, Reagan didn't go to Blacks with the idea of "we have certain things in common, and we can work together". In fact, he went to a county fair where the 3 civil rights workers were murdered in Mississippi, saying something to the effect of "I support states' rights".

Old 06-15-2014, 03:34 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Like hell.

Very few of us are Republicans, and it will be that way for decades to come
Why? Blacks are doing worse during Obama's 8 years as president. Apparently, that's what Blacks want?

Old 06-15-2014, 03:35 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
The I, ME, MYSELF, THE INDIVIDUAL had before.

Nor should it because it is not a reason for you to vote Conservative, not Republican.

Do you want a lower cost of living?
Do you want more choices?
Do you want lower taxes?
Do you want great paying jobs that cant be outsourced?
Do you want a secure border with mexico and their for lower crime and lower taxes?
Do you want cheaper Gasoline?
Do want a tax rate that draws in businesses for all over the world to set up shop here in America rather the Asia?
Do you want School Choice and School Vouchers so you can send your kids to a school were the will get a Education that is worth a damn?
Do you want to have the right to defend your liberty, life, property, wealth, and your posterity and for you posterity to do the same against all criminals and tyrants?

Do you want more freedom, more choice, more wealth, and more defense of them?

What issues matter you? Tell me.

Aslo if you feel they are condescending, that is one you..
Well, if that is what you want to focus on, then I have some addition advice. Stop with the "seek jobs not food stamps" mantra. Stop with the "Blacks are too dependent on the government".

My point is this. If you go with the "point everything out that is wrong with you" route, and the "you are flawed" route, don't expect people to vote for you. Maybe if one focuses on things we have in common, rather than make all kinds of criticisms about Blacks, maybe more Blacks could be convinced to vote Republican.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:53 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
he said they knew more about the republican party, not specifically black history. a graduate of duke 30 years ago probably has 5,000,000,000,000x the knowledge of a teenager from howard. that's an estimate, but it's like comparing grambling to brown. I am also sure they got a fantastic interpretation of history from an all black school.
Just as all- white schools historically have done a great job teaching history.......

Old 06-15-2014, 03:53 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
Less abstractly, I think white Republicans telling black people that they should be voting for Republicans is really unhelpful.
OK, then they should just keep voting for Democrats. Just as long as they don't expect anything to get any better for them.

The Gap Between Blacks and Whites is Larger Under Obama than Bush or Any Other President | Black Blue Dog

Old 06-15-2014, 03:57 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Ok we are fine with this, that being said you have no one to blame for the failures cause by the people you vote for.

High crime
Few jobs
High cost of living
Failed schools..

You vote for it, you have no right to complain or blame anyone else...

Deal?
It was that way when Reagan, Bush and Bush were in office. Black folk damn sure didn't vote for them.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Are those few exceptions race traitors, Oreos, and Uncle Tom's?
I'll let you know on a case by case basis.
Quote:
Ok we are fine with this, that being said you have no one to blame for the failures cause by the people you vote for.

High crime
Few jobs
High cost of living
Failed schools..

You vote for it, you have no right to complain or blame anyone else...

Deal?
I don't cut deals.
Quote:
Moving the goalposts, Harrier sees.

It doesn't matter whether or not you know someone personally who does that, the fact remains that it occurs.

Are you really going to deny that Clarence Thomas has not been disparaged, insulted, and viciously been called names because he is a black conservative?
He deserves it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why? Blacks are doing worse during Obama's 8 years as president. Apparently, that's what Blacks want?
We vote for whom we feel like voting for. You're not owed an explanation. You didn't fight for our right to vote. Who are you to ask why?

Just worry about your own vote. Mine isn't your business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies