Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 09:55 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times

Advertisements

What Lloyd Marcus, a Black man, has to say about Democrats/liberals...

Lloyd Marcus: Democrats and Liberals Keeping Blacks Enslaved

Old 06-16-2014, 10:31 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What Lloyd Marcus, a Black man, has to say about Democrats/liberals...

Lloyd Marcus: Democrats and Liberals Keeping Blacks Enslaved
He's also written about being the only Black man at his wife's family gathering. At the end of the day someone like Lloyd isn't going to connect with many Black people.

A lot of the people the GOP uses for outreach are very removed from the day to day experiences of most Black people in the country. There's a strain of conservatism in the Black community. I've been at Black professional panel discussions, spoken the way I type here and have received standing ovations. The reason most Blacks don't vote for the GOP, even if they agree with them, is that to them the GOP comes off as racist.

The racial divisions are quite stark in this country. The best way forward for the GOP is to spread the message and refrain from inflammatory. I can't tell you how many people during the last cycle cited McConnell's one term president comment and Joe Wilson's "You lie!" outburst as proof of the GOP's racial vendetta against Obama.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:34 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He's also written about being the only Black man at his wife's family gathering. At the end of the day someone like Lloyd isn't going to connect with many Black people.

A lot of the people the GOP uses for outreach are very removed from the day to day experiences of most Black people in the country. There's a strain of conservatism in the Black community. I've been at Black professional panel discussions, spoken the way I type here and have received standing ovations. The reason most Blacks don't vote for the GOP, even if they agree with them, is that to them the GOP comes off as racist.

The racial divisions are quite stark in this country. The best way forward for the GOP is to spread the message and refrain from inflammatory. I can't tell you how many people during the last cycle cited McConnell's one term president comment and Joe Wilson's "You lie!" outburst as proof of the GOP's racial vendetta against Obama.
That was said because Obama is a lair.....not a black man....which is half a lie.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:40 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:

I've said many times that there are Republican/conservative positions I would agree with and vote for, but not as presented by today's racist-pandering GOP.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:48 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Prove to me racism doesn't cause such issues.
Quote:
The negative proof fallacy is where one assumes something is true if it cannot be proven false. It can also happen when one assumes that something is false if it cannot be proven true.
Negative Proof Fallacy and Burden of Proof

Old 06-16-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
He does connect to Black people. Just not the ones who vote against their own best interests.

Quote:
A lot of the people the GOP uses for outreach are very removed from the day to day experiences of most Black people in the country.
What utter crap. Do you even know anything about him, and his life as a child?
Quote:
"Marcus’ drift toward the right of the political spectrum began when he was about 10 years old. His parents moved with their five children into a brand-new, high-rise apartment building in the Baltimore projects. Then came their neighbors. Most of them were on various types of governmental assistance. Many were drug addicts, alcoholics and criminals. They destroyed the apartment building.

“Within one year, it was ruined,” Marcus said. “It taught me a lot about liberalism. If you don’t work for something, you don’t care about it. People blame the white man. It wasn’t the white man in the halls raping people.”
Much more: Biography | Lloyd Marcus

Quote:
There's a strain of conservatism in the Black community. I've been at Black professional panel discussions, spoken the way I type here and have received standing ovations. The reason most Blacks don't vote for the GOP, even if they agree with them, is that to them the GOP comes off as racist.
Which is more racist: Supporting school vouchers for all, and offering anyone who wants it a chance to work their way up and out of poverty? Or insisting minority kids stay trapped in their abysmal public schools, therefore keeping them dumb, poor, dependent on public assistance, and voting Democrat?

Read Marcus' biography. His father taught him if he could achieve anything if he got a good education and worked hard. That's a GOP belief. In direct contrast, Democrats' think Blacks are incapable of even acquiring a state-issued photo ID. Never mind the fact that such is very frequently required to even apply for public assistance benefits like SNAP, etc. How is that Democrat belief not racist?

Quote:
I can't tell you how many people during the last cycle cited McConnell's one term president comment and Joe Wilson's "You lie!" outburst as proof of the GOP's racial vendetta against Obama.
How so? Obama actually did lie. And he's lied MANY, MANY times since then. Everyone knows it. They even satire it. Are you saying we have to treat Blacks with kid gloves just because they're Black? How is that not racism in and of itself?

Old 06-16-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
That was said because Obama is a liar.....not a black man....
Exactly, but there's a certain faction of society... namely Democrats... that just HAVE to make everything about race, even when race is completely irrelevant to the matter at hand.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I've said many times that there are Republican/conservative positions I would agree with and vote for, but not as presented by today's racist-pandering GOP.
I'll ask you the same question... When was the last time the DNC had a Black Chairman? Hmmm...?

Lookie, lookie who the REAL racists are.

More:
Quote:
"Compared to Obama, President George W. Bush also had more African-Americans in his cabinet, including the first African-American secretary of state and secretary of education, Colin Powell and Rod Paige, respectively. Bush also appointed Condoleezza Rice as secretary of state and Alphonso Jackson as secretary of housing and urban development.

For Obama, Eric Holder is the first African-American attorney general and the only African-American cabinet member of Obama’s administration."
A president for everyone, except Black people

Old 06-16-2014, 11:53 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
I'll ask you the same question... When was
the last time the DNC had a Black Chairman? Hmmm...?
What the hell does that matter?

Old 06-16-2014, 11:56 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Quote:
I'll ask you the same question... When was the last time the DNC had a Black Chairman? Hmmm...?

Lookie, lookie who the REAL racists are.

More:A president for everyone, except Black people
So... why do you try to derail every thread, statement, and post about the fallacies of conservatism with a criticism of the Democrats? The errors of Democrats do not excuse the errors of Republicans.. and they sure as hell won't get anyone new to vote GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.