Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 11:55 PM

72,835 posts, read 62,209,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uhhhh...he's talking about people like yourself.
That was pretty much the whole point. We were both asking similar questions. I just had a different take on it. Whether or not there will be answers, well....

Old 06-17-2014, 02:37 AM

38,612 posts, read 26,254,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
White racism is your assumption, not mine.

At the end of the day, what you are really looking for is a way to blame black dysfunction on white people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I asked you to prove that me that racial discrimination doesn't play any part. You have failed to do that. You just respond with another snide remark.

And how is citing discrimination "blaming black dysfunction on White people"? The only reason anyone really says that is to deflect from the topic.

Like I said, at the end of the day, I need to support myself. If I can't get it through the private sector, I'll get it through the public sector. I look at it like this. Until Blacks are able to get more jobs in the private sector(at least at higher levels), they will continue to get whatever jobs they can to survive.

It's all subjective.

No one really knows what goes on in someone else's head.

Obviously racism exists to some degree, but what that entails is another matter.

To legalize discrimination against white males and make it the official policy of government based solely on the assumption that white racism is the primary cause of black underachievement is an obscene abuse of the power of the non-white non-male majority.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
sorry, Church is not charity, atleast not all of it.

No, not all of it, but it doesn't matter because even after the entire amount given to church organizations is discounted, conservatives still give a greater percentage of their income to charity.

"According to Google’s figures, if donations to all religious organizations are excluded, liberals give slightly more to charity than conservatives do. But Mr. Brooks says that if measuring by the percentage of income given, conservatives are more generous than liberals even to secular causes."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/op...tof.html?_r=3&

Old 06-17-2014, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The majority of churches use donations to self sustain, that is not charity.

Only a very small percentage actually go out and use their cash for the better good. Let me be clear, most churches would do more if they could, im not arguing that. Im just saying calling it charity to keep the churches lights on, is disingenuous to what we are actually talking about in the quote text.

Source?

Old 06-17-2014, 04:55 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,550,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It's all subjective.

No one really knows what goes on in someone else's head.

Obviously racism exists to some degree, but what that entails is another matter.

To legalize discrimination against white males and make it the official policy of government based solely on the assumption that white racism is the primary cause of black underachievement is an obscene abuse of the power of the non-white non-male majority.
If there is such thing as "black underachievement," what would be the cause?

Old 06-17-2014, 05:10 AM

88,644 posts, read 44,393,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Moreover, I'm not oppressed...therefore I'm not voting for oppression.
Indeed, you ARE voting for it. Some people get it:

African Americans and The Obama Dilemma | Black Quill and Ink

The rest are self-destructively defiant. By their own choice.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjt123 View Post
The idea propagated in this thread that Republicans represent the interests of anyone but the wealthy is absurd. The corporatists (well represented in the Dems as well) are the reason the middle class is in its current state.
Hmmm...

Obama Calls Income Gap 'Morally Wrong' After Widening It The Most In At Least Twenty Years

Bears repeating... in at least 20 years.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Last I heard, blacks and whites and others have received degrees from both, so what's your point?
That's EXACTLY the point. Whites with degrees from lesser colleges also have a hard time finding a job. It's not about race. It's about competition for too few jobs.

Unemployment and the class of 2014: How bad is the job market for new college grads?

Old 06-17-2014, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Typo. UNDER Reagan.
I quoted the article. It does indeed state, "until Reagan."

But, yes, it is true that Reagan nearly halved Black unemployment:

Some Data on Reagan and Black Unemployment

In direct contrast, under Obama:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/2012/...oyment.top.gif

Old 06-17-2014, 07:10 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,550,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by partsunknown View Post
Most blacks are democrats because once your on the free hand out tit you can not get off. We have created a dependence on the free gov hand out tit. Much like giving an animal a treat every time you open the fridge door. They come running every time they hear the door open. Same with blacks. The dems have given to the minority's to the point they are conditioned like pavlovs dogs.
We're just like animals, dogs, huh?

I'm still waiting for one of the RWNJs on this thread/forum to tell me just what free stuff I've ever received from the gov't or anyone else.

Anyone?

Please?

Nothing like someone, or something, who writes at a first-grade level telling a black college graduate that he's little more than an animal.

And you wonder why we don't want anything to do with the Republican Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies