Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 04:56 PM

30,059 posts, read 18,655,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You just won't let this one go. If you don't want to have your income taxed, stop working or hire an accountant that is able to get you out of paying taxes.

1. If you "stop working", you still have to pay taxes on investment income, rental properties, ect....

2. It is illegal to stop paying taxes. I have a very good accountant, yet pay an enormous amount in taxes. Why? I don't cheat on my taxes and cannot seem to find enough good deductions.

3. Income taxes are the "drug" which is fed to politicians so that they can purchase votes every election cycle. If the revenues of the government were dramatically reduced, the politicians would have less money to buy votes via pork and entitlement programs.

4. Income taxes provide the revenue for which the government indirectly retires bonds. The treasury sells bonds to bankers at auction who then sell the bonds again (at a profit) to the federal reserve. The federal reserve "pays" the bankers currency, which they use to buy more bonds. If income taxes were reduced, the banksters would have they cycle of "money for nothing" at the behest of the federal reserve interrupted.

Due to the bankers and politicians standing to lose a lot with markedly reduced or eliminated income taxes, such a plan will never get off the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 04:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
You just won't let this one go. If you don't want to have your income taxed, stop working or hire an accountant that is able to get you out of paying taxes.

I have not been robbed the federal treasury, since I was 16 & 17, when I was employed flipping hamburgers and it was stolen right out of my paycheck.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:58 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,332,477 times
Quote:
It is, you don't have to work. Though in your case it does seem to be voluntary.
You don't remember old Harry saying that???

They later walked it back....they said he meant signing to have tax taken out of your pay check was voluntary.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:43 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,742 times
If they can't tax the hell out of everything, they will 'fee' it to death.

weltschmerz is right.....

Old 05-27-2014, 05:52 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Waaahhhh I want all the things government does, but I don't want to pay for it, or I want to change how we pay for it so I pay less!

Sigh.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:57 PM

Taxing income, makes everyone of you a slave of the Government.

You work ¼ if not more of the year, and they take it.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:01 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,461,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Why is progressive taxing a bad thing, when we live in a regressive economic system?
There is no such thing as a regressive economic system. The concept itself is nonsensical. You might as well ask why progressive taxing is a bad thing when we live with polka dotted unicorns.

As for why progressive taxation is bad, it is because it is open to abuse. The loopholes and deductions required by it lead to cronyism and make tax evasion too easy. The complex nature of it requires an entire industry dedicated to dealing with it instead of devoting those resources to something productive and beneficial. The changeable nature of it leads to confusion and inability to make sound financial predictions about the future, which limits investment and economic growth. The ability to alter portions of it on a whim by government also leads to corruption and monopolies, as well as encourages using taxation as a means of social engineering rather than as a means of revenue generation.

It's also just plain immoral.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:05 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Taxing income, makes everyone of you a slave of the Government.

You work ¼ if not more of the year, and they take it.
I am sorry, but I actually like clean water, clean air, inspected meat, police, firefighters, interstate highways and so forth. It is a price I'm willing to pay. I have my doubts that people would truly like to live with out the services that the govt. provides even though we don't see it play out in our everyday lives.

Now could we cut back on certain services? Sure, start by slashing the DOD F-35 program which is still a POS and will cost over a trillion dollars. That is just a start.

But I'm not willing to go back to days of Upton Sinclair's "the Jungle" were corporation had free reign and allowed rat parts in our meat and people worked 16 hour days.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:06 PM

27,120 posts, read 15,303,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the fedres would never allow this to happen. if the 16th Amendment was repealed, the federal reserve would cease to exist.

What a delightful idea!

Old 05-27-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
I am sorry, but I actually like clean water, clean air, inspected meat, police, firefighters, interstate highways and so forth. It is a price I'm willing to pay.

Those are all State resources and State issues. Even the interstate highway maintenance, Here it is done by the individual counties the interstate runs through, there is a pavement/surface change right at the county lines. Even redirection and improvements are done on County bonds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies