Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 10:02 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
One of the arguments of the Tea Party was to force a large number of people to go without insurance to drive costs down.
When all else fails, just make s**t up.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:12 AM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I have a fantastic plan through the ACA. The Humana POS gold plan in Georgia. I love it. Very wide network of doctors to see and a fairly low deductible.
What is your monthly premium?

Old 05-29-2014, 10:16 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
What is your monthly premium?
The real question should be:

What is the monthly premiums without subsidies.

People need to understand the true cost of premiums and that involves the true cost. Than imagine yourself as a small business owner barely upper middle class making 95K a year and paying the full cost of healthcare.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:17 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post

People need to understand the true cost of premiums and that involves the true cost. Than imagine yourself as a small business owner barely upper middle class making 95K a year and paying the full cost of healthcare.
And: how much did your neighbor's premium rise to cover your subsidies and did you at least buy him a beer and say thanks.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:21 AM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post

That's why I asked how much the premium is. A quick check for a policy similar to my current one but without dental and vision would be in the $550 range unsubsidized ( I would not qualify for a subsidy).

Old 05-29-2014, 10:25 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
And more than 20% of Americans didn't and rising every single year! That is a damn catastrophe for a country as rich as ours.

The ACA

1. has already provided insurance to dozens of millions of Americans and the number will continue to grow.
You get Four Obamas --- a Whopper.

Even counting Medicaid expansion as 'insurance', ACA has not provided insurance to 24+ million Americans.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That's why I asked how much the premium is. A quick check for a policy similar to my current one but without dental and vision would be in the $550 range unsubsidized ( I would not qualify for a subsidy).
People here are hypocritical. They only care what they are paying for as long as it benefits them or they are unaffected. I find it hard to believe they are getting a good premium unless someone is picking up some of the premiums and or deductibles for them.

Georgia has one of the highest premiums in the country under the ACA exchanges

Residents of southern and southwestern Georgia faced some of the highest premiums in the country. A study by the Kaiser Family Foundation looked at the monthly premium for a 40-old purchasing the least expensive silver policy available in the region. In southwestern Georgia the monthly premium is $461, and in southern Georgia, it is $423.

Georgia health insurance exchange: Obamacare enrollment

Old 05-29-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

Even counting Medicaid expansion as 'insurance', ACA has not provided insurance to 24+ million Americans.
Yup. These days they are even counting the 7 million "newly insured" who happen to get employer sponsored healthcare as the ACA doing its job. Keep in mind 95% of employers already offered insurance to employees pre ACA. They even add the 3.2 million young adults who get to stay on their parents plan till age 26 as a stat. Even though most of them are very healthy and could have purchased their own insurance for much cheaper and just as comprehensive pre ACA. They also assume all those 3.2 million young adults don't go to college full time and still would have been eligible to stay on parents plans anyways till age 24 or 25.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:50 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Even the CBO states 30,000,000 will still go without insurance....

What did obama say...

Obama Unveils Universal Health Care Plan - CBS News

Hows that working for ya?

Providing insurance to people who never had insurance, or providing insurance to people who had insurance, then canned and now have to buy insurance through the ACA?
It is working out great for me. I have a fantastic plan now through the exchanges that covers my pre-existing conditions. Millions of Americans are now benefiting the same way I am.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:54 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

Yes it has. 8 million people alone through the exchanges like myself. Then millions more who are now covered under medicaid. And then millions more on top of that, such as my brother, who are able to stay on parents health insurance plans until the age of 26.

The number of insured continues to grow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.