Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 02:46 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
But why?
Preparing for secession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 02:47 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Green Apple View Post
Open Carry Texas have conducted provocative demonstrations in which armed men exercise their right under state law to carry semi-automatic rifles in public. No fewer than five national food and beverage chains have now told them to get rid of their guns or get lost, including Starbucks, Wendy’s, Applebees, Jack in the Box, and Chipotle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VJPMeXQ6xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtUOopHPlMc
Guess these men, like that father with his little girl, think no would be murderer will bother going into a store with armed civilian customers

Old 05-28-2014, 02:48 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
No different the the "gay pride" type of actions that the left NEVER complains about.
Get back to us after someone commits mass murder with a rainbow flag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBow
Why not?

Because they can and feel safer doing it, would be my take on the deal.

Because you may not feel the need, you cannot possibly be exactly like everyone else.
Dare to be different. Attention getting.

Making a statement to the gun haters.
So attention whoring? Well if there was ever a good reason to walk around a crowded city street with an AR-15 it's that.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:49 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I guess we could consider that . Are you afraid of the gays? I am afraid when i see anyone i don't know walking around in public with a firearm exposed. Legally or not. You just don't know anymore what people are going to do. Carrying guns in public is Disturbing the Peace IMO
Then go live in a state where you rights to own a gun are infringed, so you can feel safer, while not actually being safer.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:53 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times
Obviously, a lot of gun owners are in reality very weak and very scared individuals, who are afraid of their own shadows and see devils hiding under every rock and behind every bush and tree.

I wonder if they still sleep with a nightlight.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:55 PM

39,857 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Open carry people flaunt their guns like they accuse gay people of flaunting their "agenda". As a staunch second amendment supporter and gun owner, these people are not doing me any favors. At. All.
I'm as rabidly pro-gun and pro 2nd ammendment as they get. And I agree. Dumb way to make a statement and influence public opinion. I have no issues with open carry of a handgun in a holster though, and think we need more. But long guns as daily carry weapons? Pushing it a bit much.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:56 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Then go live in a state where you rights to own a gun are infringed, so you can feel safer, while not actually being safer.
I don't have to go anywhere.Mo doesn't infringe on gun rights ; but we (won't,don't) put up for this stupid stuff at all. Think your tuff? Come to Mo and act like this and then BUBBA will see how tough you are.Because you will be in jail or likely dead after a SWAT Team gets to you. You are implying that i am against gun ownership. I am against idiots that do these stupid things. Doesn't help us responsible gun owners one bit.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:06 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
They know their point isn't valid which is why they feel the need to constantly lie, but what else is new?
Nobody is intentionally lying. People who don't handle these weapons don't know the difference between an assault rifle and an AR15 sporter. Only way anyone can tell is if they see the "happy switch", which is very easy to miss and they wouldn't know what it was if they did see it.
You gun radicals will just have to accept the fact that the average citizen brands an AR or an AK and all the variants as assault rifles.

Ya'll sound really stupid when you go on about "Oooh! you called an AR sporter an assault rifle"!

To the general public, that's what it is and nobody is deliberately lying when labeling it as such. You guys are just going to have to learn to live with the handle. Just like you want everyone else to live with you walking in to a restaurant, where a family of 5 is trying to eat, with an AR with beta drum and ordering a cup of joe while you smugly case the joint to see all the horrified looks on the parents faces.
I know the difference and have some of each variety. Sport rifles and true assault rifles of the HK and AK variety. I have more federal tax stamps than brains, or at least that's what my wife says. But my opinion doesn't matter to you because I'm a volume gun owner and collector who doesn't believe in the shenanigans of the radical gun rights faction, the crap they pull and the BS they talk.

Last edited by mohawkx; 05-28-2014 at 03:24 PM..

Old 05-28-2014, 03:12 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Nobody is intentionally lying. People who don't handle these weapons don't know the difference between an assault rifle and an AR15 sporter. Only way anyone can tell is if they see the "happy switch", which is very easy to miss and they wouldn't know what it was if they did see it.
You gun radicals will just have to accept the fact that the average citizen brands an AR or an AK and all the variants as assault rifles.

Ya'll sound really stupid when you go on about "Oooh! you called an AR sporter an assault rifle"!

To the general public, that's what it is and nobody is deliberately lying when labeling it as such. You guys are just going to have to learn to live with the handle. Just like you want everyone else to live with you walking in to a restaurant, where a family of 5 is trying to eat, with an AR with beta drum and ordering a cup of joe while you smugly case the joint to see all the horrified looks on all the parents faces.
I know the difference and have some of each variety. Sport rifles and true assault rifles of the HK and AK variety. But my opinion doesn't matter to you because I'm a volume gun owner and collector who doesn't believe in the shenanigans of the radical gun rights faction, the crap they pull and the BS they talk.
I have owned guns since i was a kid. I don't know what a HAPPY SWITCH is..

I used to wonder why Texans around here are called being full of s***. I now understand. Silly that so few get some many branded by their silly actions.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:17 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,534,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

To the general public, that's what it is and nobody is deliberately lying when labeling it as such. You guys are just going to have to learn to live with the handle. Just like you want everyone else to live with you walking in to a restaurant, where a family of 5 is trying to eat, with an AR with beta drum and ordering a cup of joe while you smugly case the joint to see all the horrified looks on all the parents faces.
I know the difference and have some of each variety. Sport rifles and true assault rifles of the HK and AK variety. I have more federal tax stamps than brains, or at least that's what my wife says. But my opinion doesn't matter to you because I'm a volume gun owner and collector who doesn't believe in the shenanigans of the radical gun rights faction, the crap they pull and the BS they talk.
Never heard a gun owner call anything a "happy switch". What do you mean by volume?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies