Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 06:11 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You tell me. Their actions speak for themselves. I dont think its about "hurting" the country, but that is just a side affect. They're more concerned with power. And there are a few that just plain dumb to believe their do gooder nonsense actually does any good.
So how exactly are their actions hurting this country , give some examples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 06:19 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
from 1970 to 2012 we barely had any GDP growth?
If you were in the top % you had amazing growth.
I apologize. I meant now. I just consider it a waste of time to blame the rich. They will always have money. The reason the middle class is struggling is not because the rich have more money than us.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:20 PM

7,080 posts, read 8,943,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
She'll be a better Santa Clause than the current Prez. Spread the wealth.
Q. What does Santa Clinton hand out at Christmas?

A. Your stuff.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:25 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I apologize. I meant now. I just consider it a waste of time to blame the rich. They will always have money. The reason the middle class is struggling is not because the rich have more money than us.

Uhmmm....I dunno I suspect if the middle class got some of the increases in income instead of all of it going to the rich year after year that they just might not be struggling as much.....

Old 05-28-2014, 06:26 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Exactly right. Instead of fighting income inequality it'd be nice if they fought for increasing disposable income for everybody.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:32 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Uhmmm....I dunno I suspect if the middle class got some of the increases in income instead of all of it going to the rich year after year that they just might not be struggling as much.....
But it's not my money. I only deserve what I make.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:33 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So you want to take it from the rich and give it to the middle class?

Old 05-28-2014, 06:44 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
So you want to take it from the rich and give it to the middle class?
Shrug, Actually I suppose I should be specific.

I believe that income derived from actual work should be taxed lower then income from just owning money. For example I believe that investment income should be taxed higher. MUCH higher then the guy working at a regular job.

I believe that taxation should be based upon ones disposable income. And I believe that we should have a good safety net.

And finally...because I believe that a safety net shouldnt hold everyone back, I believe that the best safety nets are the ones that apply equally no matter the income. Its why im a big proponent of a basic income that is given to everyone no matter their income. So we don't have someone not striving to do more because by doing so they make less, while also providing a floor that says everyone makes X no matter what. Where X is a low income that is enough to survive on-and is untaxed, while everything above that is taxed.

Additionally I believe that EVERYONE is better off (rich included) if we avoid extreme inequality as I believe economies work better when money is being moved around rather then clumped in places. But a certain level of inequality is GOOD for a society and economy to function.

So my answer is-its complicated, and just saying "so you want to take from the rich and give to X" is misleading, and represents a very short sighted view of how economies and societies function.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:45 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,114 times
Quote:
But it's not my money. I only deserve what I make.
Who determines that?

Old 05-28-2014, 06:46 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
She has no credibility on this issue.
You're overlooking the fact that to her base, credibility doesn't matter. My God, look at that low IQ idiot 0bama. Talk about zero credibility! But they hang on his every word, parsing out what they think he meant and why. Sickening! They'll do the same with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies