Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2014, 04:41 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,643,637 times

Advertisements

You deniers are hilarious. When are you going to stop cherry-picking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uif1NwcUgMU

Old 05-30-2014, 04:43 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,651,919 times
Those climate models are similar to computer models used by meteorologists to give the future weather forecast. And sometimes the future weather forecast is wrong.

But if you were vacationing on the Louisiana coast and the computer models said a huge hurricane was coming (you would believe the computer models and leave.)

Global warming computer models are new and have many flaws, and the atmosphere is a very complex thing. But the fact is there is something called the "greenhouse effect", and the more carbon in a planets atmosphere the warmer that planet gets.

The average American lets out 20 tons of carbon a year.

Carbon emissions per person, by country | Environment | theguardian.com

Old 05-30-2014, 04:59 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
You deniers are hilarious. When are you going to stop cherry-picking...
Here is the real story of what is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaKm89eVhoE

Old 05-30-2014, 05:44 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Aren't you the poster who is constantly bashing others for discrediting your big energy heros?...Can you say hypocrisy?
uhm, no. i dont accept what they say as gospel either. nice try though. but you completely missed my point of that post. nasa needs to be nasa. let them concentrate on exploring space like they should. and get the epa back to using real science to make their regulations. the oil companies are going to do what they do, as are the scientists.

but as i have said many times, real scientists dont start with a conclusion and then find the evidence to support that conclusion, they start with a hypothesis and look for evidence regarding that hypothesis. if the preponderance of the evidence shows the hypothesis wrong, then they report it. if it proves the hypothesis right, they report that also. but they report ALL the findings, not just what they want to report.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
uhm, no. i dont accept what they say as gospel either. nice try though. but you completely missed my point of that post. nasa needs to be nasa. let them concentrate on exploring space like they should. and get the epa back to using real science to make their regulations. the oil companies are going to do what they do, as are the scientists.

but as i have said many times, real scientists dont start with a conclusion and then find the evidence to support that conclusion, they start with a hypothesis and look for evidence regarding that hypothesis. if the preponderance of the evidence shows the hypothesis wrong, then they report it. if it proves the hypothesis right, they report that also. but they report ALL the findings, not just what they want to report.
I know how science operates, and that is exactly what climate scientists are doing....Their published work is complete and available...What ever is omitted from the news you read is omitted by the news media, not the science publications....If I am wrong, I'd be happy to look at your evidence that suggests that I am wrong....

Old 05-30-2014, 06:08 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,778,510 times
Quote:
I know how science operates, and that is exactly what climate scientists are doing....Their published work is complete and available...
Then you'll have no problem posting the proof that's been missing for so long, proving a link between man's activities and the climate changes we have been seeing.

You'll be the first liberal in forty year (or more) who has been able to do it.

Fame awaits you.

(snicker)

Old 05-30-2014, 06:13 PM

1,245 posts, read 922,919 times
Quote:
So what? Are you anti capitalism?
Are you anti economy? We can't keep shipping jobs overseas just because of you Eco-liars.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:15 PM

1,245 posts, read 922,919 times
Quote:
I know how science operates, and that is exactly what climate scientists are doing....Their published work is complete and available...What ever is omitted from the news you read is omitted by the news media, not the science publications....If I am wrong, I'd be happy to look at your evidence that suggests that I am wrong....

So how much do you get paid for shilling for whoever you're shilling for?

Old 05-30-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Then you'll have no problem posting the proof that's been missing for so long, proving a link between man's activities and the climate changes we have been seeing.

You'll be the first liberal in forty year (or more) who has been able to do it.

Fame awaits you.

(snicker)
Many of us have posted reams of evidence of AGW including me, and you know it.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
So how much do you get paid for shilling for whoever you're shilling for?
I'm "shilling" as you call for the future of my children and grandchildren...How about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.