Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2007, 09:39 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,130,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjacew View Post
With the exemption of the National Sales Tax on intermidiate sales from one business to another business, talk about everyone in America suddenly becoming incorporated...

I am now the owner of the "Investment for me" corporation.
My corp. purchases a new car for business use, no tax...
My corp. purchases a investment home in Vail, no tax...
My corp. purchases food & clothing to provide to its employees, me and my family...no tax...

Yes, the compliance problems and expense of auditing will be at least as large as currently under the present IRS.
A guy registering as a corporation would have to show income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 01:02 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,427 times
I was all for a flat or fair tax until I realized that people who earn more money will again get the shaft and pay more taxes then those who dont earn more money.

People need to understand that people are make over 100k per year pay 90%of our taxes.

For some reason people think the well to do crowd dont pay fair taxes when in fact it is the people who earn less that do not pay into the system fairly.

Odd that libs cannot stand the rich with money and want them taxed to death but then they want all these social programs for free giveaways.

The only way a flat tax will work is if they can find a way to make it FAIR for all and not screw over the people who earn more.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:53 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,757,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post

People need to understand that people are make over 100k per year pay 90%of our taxes.
Can you cite the source of that data? (which I know is false).

Firstly, 100K + is not the top 1%. (Not even close). Second, if the top 5% makes 95% (a hypothetical number) of all wealth in the nation, it would make sense that they pay taxes on it. (You can't pay taxes on money unearned.)

Old 12-31-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
Can you cite the source of that data? (which I know is false).

Firstly, 100K + is not the top 1%. (Not even close). Second, if the top 5% makes 95% (a hypothetical number) of all wealth in the nation, it would make sense that they pay taxes on it. (You can't pay taxes on money unearned.)
Your so right, lazy people who wont work dont pay into our tax base therefore you are correct, they cant pay if they dont earn anything because they wont get a job.
I know if it were up to you and most libs they want anyone making any decent amount of money to pay all the taxes.
I see it, people are just plain jealous of rich people and want to take away anything they can from them. You said it, THEY EARNED THEIR MONEY and the lazy DID NOT EARN anything.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:57 AM

Top 50% of Wage Earners Pay 96.03% of Income Taxes

Old 12-31-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I know if it were up to you and most libs they want anyone making any decent amount of money to pay all the taxes.
1) Whenever someone does the "you libs", you know that they have some serious biases.

2) No. I don't want anyone and everyone. But paying one's fair share is largely in proportionate of what you make. You can't expect to pay next to nothing if you are making a boatload of cash. You are unordinarily profitting from our political, economical, social, infrastructure. One should pay back the system that earns them their wealth.

Quote:
I see it, people are just plain jealous of rich people and want to take away anything they can from them.

Bill Gates Sr. and others, agree with Responsible Wealth and a lot of the ideology posed her by us "libs". So are they jealous too? (No, it's just a weak argument without merit, possibly because you don't have a response to refute irrefutable logic. )

Quote:
You said it, THEY EARNED THEIR MONEY and the lazy DID NOT EARN anything.
I didn't know the middle manager making $50-$75K did not earn their money. That's news to me. Why are they paying more in proportion of the services that they use, than the wealthy?

Old 12-31-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Top 50% of Wage Earners Pay 96.03% of Income Taxes
That's a statistic that means little. Try to dig deeper.

How many people are in the top 1%?
How many people are in the top .1%?

What is their cut of wealth compared to the GNP in percentage?
In turn what % do they pay in taxes in proportion to what they make?

How many people are in the top 5%, but not in the top 1%?
How many people are in the top 10% and top 20%?

What are their proportion to GNP to taxes paid?

How much shared resources are each of these demographics utilizing to earn their wealth?

After you have analyzed ALL OF THESE THINGS, then you have a better understanding of this argument.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:31 AM

Since you seem to be the expert in ALL fields in the forum, you do the work and report back to me?

You argue with everyone about every issue and do everything you can to tear down every single word someone types and hold everyone to the nearest perfection you can, if they dont provide you with that exact information you make them out like they are liars.

I have read your post and you seem to never give answers but always seem to question others on almost every issue. Is this your habit or what?

Since you are so perfect on every issue I think I will watch your posting with utter amazement because I have never seen anyone so darn smart in my life.

I am going to push the ignore button on you because I went back and read many of your post in this forum and I decided not to allow myself to answer to your questions on every issue.

If your so perfect maybe all of us should just let you post everything and all of us can watch you.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Since you seem to be the expert in ALL fields in the forum, you do the work and report back to me?
Do you own homework.

Quote:
You argue with everyone about every issue and do everything you can to tear down every single word someone types and hold everyone to the nearest perfection you can, if they dont provide you with that exact information you make them out like they are liars.
First, I argue about economics and how it relates to US society. Economic issues touch on a few topics. I have been arguing about spanking. That's hardly "every" issue.

Secondly, I haven't called anyone a liar.

I have come to my position due to years of these debates on forums, where other people provided data, and I READ IT. Then I came to my own conclusions based on what I read. The more I read, the more I realized just how different our society was, from what I was raised to believe. I grew up believing there was more merit involved when merit is a minuscule factor in economic outcome. I'm sorry you think it is a personal attack if I suggest you back up your data.

Quote:
I have read your post and you seem to never give answers but always seem to question others on almost every issue. Is this your habit or what?
The questions are often more important than the answers. It makes people think out of the box, and it is often a lot less combatant.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:59 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
I was all for a flat or fair tax until I realized that people who earn more money will again get the shaft and pay more taxes then those who dont earn more money.

For some reason people think the well to do crowd dont pay fair taxes when in fact it is the people who earn less that do not pay into the system fairly.

Odd that libs cannot stand the rich with money and want them taxed to death but then they want all these social programs for free giveaways.

The only way a flat tax will work is if they can find a way to make it FAIR for all and not screw over the people who earn more.
Well, a course, the wealthy are gonna pay a much higher share of the tax money. They got a heck of a lot more money to be taxed. This is a very simple concept that anyone should be able to grasp. In other words, you can only get so much tax money out of someone who makes $20,000, but a heck of a lot more from someone who makes $1,000,000.

Further, if the person making $1,000,000, doesn't believe in blowing his money on luxuries then under the Fair Tax a huge share of his money will be in the bank not subject to any taxation. Meanwhile, the person making $20,000 will be lucky to save a few pennies that won't be subject to taxation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies